UK Posters - What brands would you like to see (more widely) available in the UK?

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
Thanks, but I've never seen any high-end make up in local chemists, let alone Smashbox! You're lucky that it's available locally where you are - official word is that they've pulled out here.

yep, they deffo have
ssad.gif
! i heard they were in john lewis on oxford street and forgot to go look, then i was in london a couple of weeks later and i couldn't see it, and i asked some snooty man and he said 'they just weren't right for our clientelle' and their stand was replaced by NARS!

I think we should start a big thread listing where everyone has seen all the products we've listed so everyone knows where to go!!

also - ritcheramone - i'm pretty sure fcuk make up IS still available, a girl at my work today was doing her make up whilst we were both eating lunch and she was using a fcuk pallette and she said she got it recently, i'll ask her for you!

glam8babe

ohh something that pisses me right off!!!

how come our very own UK brand Rimmel is in the US and has much better brand new products? and like better packaging and designs?
and why do they also have maxfactor stuff that looks all cool n colourful n we still have the old shitty stuff

ritchieramone

Thanks for the info about fcuk.
thmbup.gif
I assumed it had been discontinued as my local Boots had a huge sale on it a couple of years ago and it that seemed to coincide with it disappearing from everywhere I'd been able to get it from previously.

They had giant bins full of fcuk products at something like £1 or 6 for a fiver, including the mirrored slide-out magnetic palettes, eyelash curlers and even sets like a highlighter, a lipgloss + 2 eyeshadows. They had a good range of colours and I really liked the eyeshadows; they went on well and were pretty pigmented.

Oh well, all hope is not lost then, and I could also look at the fcuk stuff on eBay again without assuming it's ancient!

Claire84

In Belfast we have 2 Smashbox counters - the one in HoF that has already been mentioned and in this new chemist called Urban Pharmacy which does everything a little cheaper than the counter in HoF. So glad it finally got introduced here.
smiles.gif

Would love to have MUFE available. When I go to the South of Ireland I somrtimes see it, but the one in Dublin seems to be shutting down. It's prob gone by now. Such a shame.
ssad.gif

Also want tpo get my hands on NYX, Bath and Body Works and also Cover Girl cos I wanna try Lash Blast!

*Modern~Miss*

when i was working in boots they did pull out fcuk and mufe. and i havent seen fcuk at all since...

Quote:
ohh something that pisses me right off!!!

how come our very own UK brand Rimmel is in the US and has much better brand new products? and like better packaging and designs?
and why do they also have maxfactor stuff that looks all cool n colourful n we still have the old shitty stuff

totally agree, it would be nice to have the range that america and other countries have, i was looking at sephora and they have LE dior lashes and diorshow mascara that i really want!
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
cant get it here though - its crap!! they always have new stuff thats cool and stuff that i would 100% buy.

glam8babe

yeh those dior lashes look sooo hot!
and also theres alot of 'only at sephora' products which is quite annoying

as_cute_as_pie

smashbox..
theres nowhere round where i live that sells it
had a big haul at sephora at the start of may and bought loads of smashbox
never seen any smashbox round newcastle or anywhere else in the UK?
they used to sell make up forever in boots cos i remember buying a sharpner when they were sellling it all off for 20p lol
mostly i would like US prices! lol
i still cannot get over the fact that i paid what came to £13 for a nars brush when in spacenk they sell it for £36 lol

Claire84

In the South they had it in Roches stores, but when I went back they'd been changed to Debenhams and they still had the counter, but they didn't have much stock and it seemed like it was going to be closing. The was in Dublin btw. I'm not sure about Cork which is where I'd seen a fully stocked MUFE counter in Roches stores a couple of years ago.

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Get smashbox from qvcuk.com

i know but they don't sell alot
they dont have the primer i like or the foundation
well they do have the foundation but they only sell 3 shades and mine isnt one of them
ssad.gif

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Get smashbox from qvcuk.com

ive had a look at a few things but its mostly sets... i wanted the beginner set (i think thats what it was called) but they had the primer with it and i already own a full sized bottle of it and the under eye op thing is meant to be crap so id be spendin about £20 on a couple of eyeliners that i want

its rubbish
ssad.gif

wish they sold everything seperate

LMD84

i'd like to have some make up forever stuff in the uk near lincoln so i could buy stuff.

i was gonna say sephora although didn't realise that it went under! bit rubbish eh?!

Dani California

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
ive had a look at a few things but its mostly sets... i wanted the beginner set (i think thats what it was called) but they had the primer with it and i already own a full sized bottle of it and the under eye op thing is meant to be crap so id be spendin about £20 on a couple of eyeliners that i want

its rubbish
ssad.gif

wish they sold everything seperate

Have PM'd you re: smashbox stuff.
winks.gif

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
This a great site for smashbox they deliver so quickly its unbelievable

just beauty

i would love to see MUFE in more department stores and more online stores, xx

Wow that site is great, they have all three lip palettes with 18 colours each for £29. Me want's
drools.gif

Girl about town

they are great im so glad i found them, i literally ordered lipglosses one day and the next mornin g they arrived at my door, seems pretty reasonable prices too and they take paypal fabulous!! i was going to buy that angled eyeliner brush for £16.50 but got the whole set for 32 pounds, all the products seperately work out as £60 plus xx i need to stop buying make up x