UK Posters - What brands would you like to see (more widely) available in the UK?

ritchieramone

I had a quick look at the Just Beauty Direct site and immediately bought a Smashbox purse. I didn't even know they made anything like that!

Smashboxpurse.jpg

I reckoned there was no way I could ignore it, knowing how lovely it would look in my Helle's Belles House Call bag ...

HouseCallbag.jpg

Oh, and to keep at least vaguely on topic, I think that's one of the few sites I've ever seen any reduced price Philosophy on apart from in the hqhair.com outletstore.

Girl about town

ooooh i love philosophy the shower gels are amazing i love the cinnamon buns one x purse is lovely who would have thought smashbox made purses, wow it was made for your bag x

ewlialovesme

All the big department stores should have a MUFE counter! *grumble*
Smashbox (ditto)
Stila
Ben Nye
Prestige
Cargo

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlialovesme
All the big department stores should have a MUFE counter! *grumble*
Smashbox (ditto)
Stila
Ben Nye
Prestige
Cargo

they have prestige in Boots

ewlialovesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
they have prestige in Boots

I know, but I'd like it if they were at every Boots! Right now, it's only the really large Boots.

trollydolly

just to let you know girls they sell cargo in selected sainsburys stores! i was just there doing my food shopping and spotted cargo! im so excited, my boyfriend went and did all the shopping while i was looking at all the makeup.

MsCocoa

I'd say bring Sephora back and also have L'oreal Hip, NYX, Victoria's Secrets (just in general) and also so that we have just as much of the range as the US do in terms of all beauty products.

JoeyEmma

Ben Nye you can buy at makeup artist shops. I know there is one in Manchester that sells Ben Nye to the trade.

I love Makeup For Ever and wish you could buy it at more shops over here.

Smashbox- you can find load of the stuff on QVC and ebay

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by -moonflower-
^Oooh, do you know where the sell MUFE in the South?

I was looking on the MUFE website and the only UK stockist they have listed is in Goldhawk Mews in London (near Shepards Bush)... so I called the number and it was a shop called Makeup Provisions - they sell loadsa brands for pro MUAs. I asked abt MUFE and she told they have a limited stock but gave me their website:

Makeup artists provisions

From the look I have had, it seems ok and they stock quite a few brands. I think you can order online too...

I asked about samples but they dont give any
ssad.gif

I'll have to take some time out and visit the shop. I really wanna try MUFE foundations! Otherwise I will have to pop down to Paris for Sephora - a bit extreme lol!

Korms

I know it's not strictly related to cosmetics but I wish we had better Sally Beauty Supply stores here. I know of a few in the UK and I'm lucky to have one near me, but the range of products is nowhere near as good as the ones in the US. The only have very basic stuff here and I always read about people getting all these cool hair products from Sallys in the States, but they are so impossible to get here!

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korms
I know it's not strictly related to cosmetics but I wish we had better Sally Beauty Supply stores here. I know of a few in the UK and I'm lucky to have one near me, but the range of products is nowhere near as good as the ones in the US. The only have very basic stuff here and I always read about people getting all these cool hair products from Sallys in the States, but they are so impossible to get here!

i agree with that! our sallys is about the size of a smal Greggs shop
thmbdn.gif

MsCocoa

I'm co-signing on Sally's too since they're also targeted at professionals you'd think they'd be more like Capital Hair & Beauty!

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
i agree with that! our sallys is about the size of a smal Greggs shop
thmbdn.gif

There's one in Sunderland if you can get there. I think it's bigger than that.

seabird

just echoing what others have said really; mufe, cover girl, nyx.. i'd just like to also have the same choice as the usa too, they seem to get so many bonuses, exclusives, extras, gwps that we don't seem to get here.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
I'll have to take some time out and visit the shop. I really wanna try MUFE foundations! Otherwise I will have to pop down to Paris for Sephora - a bit extreme lol!

Soooo.... I finally found the time to visit this place (Make up Provisions / PAM in Shepards Bush, London) yesterday. Bit of a rough area (no offence to anyone who lives there) but I was clutching onto my Miu Miu handbag strong! It was a bit diffult to find, tucked away behind some pub, I had to call the shop twice to get directions.

Anyway when I got there, it seemed like an ok place, fairly small shop selling more to the pro MUA (a lot of fake blood and products for tv & film) and there was one MUFE stand. Thats all I went for.

The SAs didnt know the specifics of each brand so I had to match my own foundation. I ended up buying Matte Velvet in shade 45 (NC40) but its just not yellow enough. It is very matte and dull so doesnt beat mac in giving me colour and brightening me up. I wont be buying again.

As for the other products, again, ok but honestly they are not worth the hype they get. The e/s were all pretty matte looking and not exciting at all. All looked pretty dupeable with MAC.
The super lipgloss however, impressed me. The pigment level wasnt all that but the texture was pretty good. Stickey enough to stay on but... again not in comparison to MAC lipglass.

Put it this way... I wont be buying from them again, they are not worth the money (21.50 for the foundation!) and I'm gonna stick to MAC and Nars!

-moonflower-

Oooh, a shop selling MUFE and I think a few other brands has just opened in town.
I keep meaning to go in there but I haven't got around to it yet

MsCocoa

Sorry to hear you experience with MUFE, when I tried them in Sephora I only tried the eye pencils were nice but I suppose it's easier when you have the full range and advisors on hand!