UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

rockin

I collected my lash curlers from House Of Fraser today. I've just had a look at them and the actual 'clamp' (don't know what else to call it lol) bit looks crooked. As you close it up, one end is closer to the pad than the other one is, although it will close fully onto the rubber if you squeeze it right up. The mechanism doesn't look wonky, so is this normal for these?

I also went into Boots to get the magnetised nail polish, but they didn't have any. The SA checked for me, and apparently our branch isn't getting them :( She offered to order them for me, with delivery to branch (they're part of the makeup 3 for 2 offer at the moment), but when she put it through the computer it said that the item was 'too large for store delivery' - really???? She phoned up about it, so they could rectify things, and they suggested she put it through as to be delivered to my home, but not charging me delivery.

As I left, we joked about the delivery man struggling up my garden path with this 'large' box containing 3 nail polishes lol.

LMD84

I collected my lash curlers from House Of Fraser today. I've just had a look at them and the actual 'clamp' (don't know what else to call it lol) bit looks crooked. As you close it up, one end is closer to the pad than the other one is, although it will close fully onto the rubber if you squeeze it right up. The mechanism doesn't look wonky, so is this normal for these?

I also went into Boots to get the magnetised nail polish, but they didn't have any. The SA checked for me, and apparently our branch isn't getting them :( She offered to order them for me, with delivery to branch (they're part of the makeup 3 for 2 offer at the moment), but when she put it through the computer it said that the item was 'too large for store delivery' - really???? She phoned up about it, so they could rectify things, and they suggested she put it through as to be delivered to my home, but not charging me delivery.

As I left, we joked about the delivery man struggling up my garden path with this 'large' box containing 3 nail polishes lol.
I am thinking you have a dodgy one because i don't remember mine being like that. i shall have a good look in the morning - i'm about to go to bed for an early night!

and that is funny about boots. great service that they have done that for you though!

Anitacska

Ooh I didn't realise those magnetic nail polishes were available already. Will check them out, but not sure if my Boots has them. Didn't look when I was in Kingston yesterday.

seabird

i want lightscapade when it comes out! but i work full time so won't be able to get to the counter until saturday which by that time no doubt they will have sold out, just to spite me. i have to run the risk of purchasing online i think, and i hope i don't get one with ugly veining/it doesn't shatter in the mail.

going to look for the magnetized nail polishes tomorrow after work
yahoo.gif

LMD84

i want lightscapade when it comes out! but i work full time so won't be able to get to the counter until saturday which by that time no doubt they will have sold out, just to spite me. i have to run the risk of purchasing online i think, and i hope i don't get one with ugly veining/it doesn't shatter in the mail.

going to look for the magnetized nail polishes tomorrow after work
yahoo.gif
well i wouldn't woprry about it breaking in the post. it is rare when that happens. i have only had one blush break from mac and i have been ordering for years!

rockin

Ooh, just seen this posted on Facebook by NYX UK

[h=6]We would like to say a massive welcome to River Island , now official stockists of a range of NYX Cosmetics, including Gigantic Glitter Cream palettes and our Fabulous False Eye Lashes! We River Island! xxx[/h]

Anitacska

Went to Boots today and they had all the holiday sets out, and I looked at the Frontcover ones (shouldn't have), and there's some really nice palettes/kits! I managed to walk away, but I think I'll go back when they have their shopping event as you normally get lots of points then. Shouldn't have looked really, but I do like my other Frontcover stuff, so I'm sure these are good too.

rockin

I had a quick scout round the gift department yesterday, too. For once, I find myself able to resist most of the makeup sets because I have so much of it. The No7 sets nearly always have the same colours in them each time. I usually go mad in there around Christmas time, and in their sales after Christmas. I'll definitely try to get there for their special points events, to give my points a healthy boost. Most of my spending will be on regular stuff this year, though.

I have loads of stuff from previous years, including untouched Ruby & Millie sets, and a huge stash of Soap & Glory (love that stuff).

rockin

Bad news for people who buy their NYX from cocktailcosmetics online. They have just issued this statement on Facebook

[h=6]In accordance with the new NYX UK directive for official stockists we have had to unfortunately increase our prices. We will be offering free shipping for UK and Standard airmail as well as the equivalent discount for International Signed For this weekend - 23rd September - 25th September. Please use the code SHIPPING at the checkout to claim this discount.[/h]

LMD84

Bad news for people who buy their NYX from cocktailcosmetics online. They have just issued this statement on Facebook

[h=6]In accordance with the new NYX UK directive for official stockists we have had to unfortunately increase our prices. We will be offering free shipping for UK and Standard airmail as well as the equivalent discount for International Signed For this weekend - 23rd September - 25th September. Please use the code SHIPPING at the checkout to claim this discount.[/h]
love-makeup.co.uk have said the same thing. kinda sucks that the prices are going up. but on the plus side it's great that we can buy from river island - but i guess at the higher price!

rockin

Apparently it won't be all River Island branches, just their Flagship branches (which most likely means we won't get it in Maidstone). They hope it will eventually be all branches, though

LMD84

Apparently it won't be all River Island branches, just their Flagship branches (which most likely means we won't get it in Maidstone). They hope it will eventually be all branches, though
well it certainly won't be lincoln then because our store is tiny!

rockin

Boots have their own video up showing how to use the Magnetized Nail Polish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNHmOCwdu4

rockin

You're gonna LOVE the magnetized nail polish! Mine arrived this morning, and I've tried the purple one. It has an almost pearly sheen to it when it's done, and just like someone said on one of those reviews the lines do appear to move as you move your nails around in front of your eyes like it has depth to it. I can't stop looking at them lol.

Must get ready to go shopping now, though :(

Anitacska

Ooh that sounds very cool! I can't wait to try it out, but as I thought, my Boots doesn't stock them, so I'll have to go to Kingston or Guildford next week.

You're gonna LOVE the magnetized nail polish! Mine arrived this morning, and I've tried the purple one. It has an almost pearly sheen to it when it's done, and just like someone said on one of those reviews the lines do appear to move as you move your nails around in front of your eyes like it has depth to it. I can't stop looking at them lol.

Must get ready to go shopping now, though :(

nazia

I hope I can get my hands on the Boots magnetic nail polishes! Are they LE?

Also, what are your favourite face masks ladies? My skin has been quite dull lately and really needs a brightening boost. I'm fine moisture-wise and not very oily either. Just need to get my glow on!

LMD84

I hope I can get my hands on the Boots magnetic nail polishes! Are they LE?

Also, what are your favourite face masks ladies? My skin has been quite dull lately and really needs a brightening boost. I'm fine moisture-wise and not very oily either. Just need to get my glow on!
i really like the elemis tri enzyme mask as well as the lush catastrophe cosmetic mask. there a nice lay liz earle one too :)

A Taylor Momsen inspired tutorial - todays specktra blog video!

Anitacska

The Body Shop 35% off code: FALL35, expired tomorrow (Sat) 9 am!

25% off after 9 am until Sunday 9 am with FALL25, then 15% off with FALL15 until Monday 9 am.

LMD84

i think i shall pop to boots today and see if my local one has the magnet polishes. if i buy one then at least i can have a good play!