Urban Decay Naked Palette

Alisha1

I finally got this last month after ringing every UD counter near me (theres not much) and I have to say it really is good and the shadows are all workable even for someone like me who doesn't know how to apply eyeshadow properly! Some of the glittery shadows do have fallout though but if you use the primer potion provided and pat the product on you should be ok :)

MzzRach

SO I BEEN WANTING TO BUY THE NAKED PALETTE FROM URBAN DECAY BUT REALLY DONT KNOW IF SHOULD THERE IS ALOT OF GIRLZ WHO SAID THAT IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST OR NOT THE BEST PALETTE FROM URBAN DECAY ANY TOUGHTS????
Friendly reminder - please do not post in ALL CAPS - it is considered shouting on internet forums. Thanks for participating in the site.
winks.gif

_tiffany

I was convinced I didn't need this when I saw them at Ulta when they first came out - there were at least 10 palettes and they'd been out for a while. I've kind of been pulled in by the hype and am now interested in getting one! Ugh...I told myself I didn't need it because I already have enough neutrals and these don't seem that special but now I find myself calling around and semi-hunting for one. So many people are saying it's worth the hype though, so I keep going back and forth. I like that they're replacing the eyeliner with a brush though.

Alicesandra

I really want to pick this up. but it's always sold out when eventually get around to looking. (i'm not really a fan of ordering make up off ebay)

Miss Berri

I like the idea of this palette however I'm going to pass since urban decay shadows have a tendincy to be to glittery with chunky fallout for me. Plus I have similar shades with my MAC shadows. Maybe I'll just make my own naked palette!

Ravishing1

For anyone in the UK this is available again on the Debenhams website and they also currently have a 10% offer on all their beauty products.

Ingenue

i think i might be the only one who doesnt get why its so sought after
Lol you're not. It's not that great of a palette, particularly since the shadows tend go muddy after being blended together for longer than a few hours. And that's with the primer potion. It's all hype. It's a decent value, for 12 shadows. But this hype (which is completely manufactured BTW. UD doesn't lose money by limiting supplies... they create a feeding frenzy in short bursts which intensifies the demand and makes the company a LOT of money over time. If this palette was just sitting on the shelves, no one would want it. By limiting, they keep the demand up for much longer. Oh, and raising the price by 4 bucks and removing the eyeliner is NOT a fluke) is so over the top. Urban Decay products are hit and miss regarding quality. This the perfect way to keep millions of people interested in the brand, and purchasing other things from it while they breathlessly wait for another Naked Palette to surface.

MAChostage

WOW...

I think that your best bet, xXTiFFaNYKGirLX, is to go check out the palette for yourself. I don't think I've read a review quite as negative against this palette until now and I have to say that I totally disagree with the majority of it. I've never had any UD shadows "go muddy after being blended together for longer than a few hours" and I surely don't believe that the hype for the palette is "completely manufactured". As for the primer potion, if it's popularity was all hype, surely by now with as many people who have tried it, if it weren't a genuinely good product it wouldn't sell as well as it continues to. I, for one, haven't found another eyeshadow primer that comes anywhere near close to performing as it does. There's a reason the primer and Naked Palette are selling like they are, and I believe that it's a testament to both the quality and value of the products. Let us know what you think.

Lol you're not. It's not that great of a palette, particularly since the shadows tend go muddy after being blended together for longer than a few hours. And that's with the primer potion. It's all hype. It's a decent value, for 12 shadows. But this hype (which is completely manufactured BTW. UD doesn't lose money by limiting supplies... they create a feeding frenzy in short bursts which intensifies the demand and makes the company a LOT of money over time. If this palette was just sitting on the shelves, no one would want it. By limiting, they keep the demand up for much longer. Oh, and raising the price by 4 bucks and removing the eyeliner is NOT a fluke) is so over the top. Urban Decay products are hit and miss regarding quality. This the perfect way to keep millions of people interested in the brand, and purchasing other things from it while they breathlessly wait for another Naked Palette to surface.

Ingenue

As you like MACHostage. It's totally my opinion. I use a LOT of makeup (more that I care to admit, actually) and in comparison to quality shadows with staying power and pigment that stays separated, that's my opinion about the palette. The hype does not justify the product. I think that people get so caught up in the 'rarity' of an item, that they overlook the actual quality. Ask MAC. They've mastered 'limited availablity' very very well. That's why there were Manish Aurora palettes going on ebay for a ridiculous amount of money for almost a year after the product release... and why there are STILL Marine Life Blush/Highlighters on sale now. HYPE.

Good business never leaves anything to chance. A fluke of this magnitude never quite is. That's just bad business, and Urban Decay is in it to win it... not just fumble through a 'product shortage' only to magically release just a few more every month or so... only to sell out again.

MAChostage

No problem whatsoever, I respect opinions. I just wanted to respond in kind with mine.

As you like MACHostage. It's totally my opinion. I use a LOT of makeup (more that I care to admit, actually) and in comparison to quality shadows with staying power and pigment that stays separated, that's my opinion about the palette. The hype does not justify the product. I think that people get so caught up in the 'rarity' of an item, that they overlook the actual quality. Ask MAC. They've mastered 'limited availablity' very very well. That's why there were Manish Aurora palettes going on ebay for a ridiculous amount of money for almost a year after the product release... and why there are STILL Marine Life Blush/Highlighters on sale now. HYPE.

Good business never leaves anything to chance. A fluke of this magnitude never quite is. That's just bad business, and Urban Decay is in it to win it... not just fumble through a 'product shortage' only to magically release just a few more every month or so... only to sell out again.

Tiarra

I wasn't initially interested in this, but the swatches are gorgeous. And I do like the quality of UD primer and shadows. But I won't buy this online. If I happen to find this at Sephora or Ulta, I think I'll pick it up.

Suzich

I can`t believe it!! On ebay, prices of Naked palette are like crazy!

I`m still regreting that I haven`t purchased it in Sephora in my city - someone reserved it but never appeared again in the store, and of course, by the time I was considering buying it, it was sold :(

vivaXglamlove

Strange request, but could someone mesure the naked palette?
I'm one the waiting list and it's gonna be my to go travel palette. I'm ordering a new makeup travel bag and need to know if it will fit in it!

Shadowy Lady

I've had this palette now since November and I'm sooo glad I got it. It was much pricier for me obv (as I'm from Canada). But I've been wearing it pretty much everyday (either just the palette or with other shades in my stash) and am very pleased.

I think the UD palette was the only hyped palette that deserves it in my book.

I was about to buy the palette but it contain too many shimmery colors for my taste. If UD does come out with a Naked 2, I hope it has more matte colors in it.

Honey&LemonGirl

That's what I was thinking too. I'd love it if they did an all-matte Naked palette with the same type of neutral-y everyday tones. If the texture was nice and creamy/pigmented and not chalky, I would buy that baby up.