Urban Decay Naked Palette

franken_stein

Finally got mine! I'm really excited
smiles.gif
Now I'm searching online for tutorials using it
smiles.gif
It hasn't been in stock in any Sephora stores I checked (I'm sure it will be soon, though) but my local Ulta had tons.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
Yeah Ulta has it online but since I Have a store 13 miles from me I plan on going there tomorrow if it's in their ad. It's so weird that she said they have it but cant put it out yet.

Edit....I went to the mall and decided I'd check the Sephora at Fair Oaks since Tyson's store I called this morning said they'd had the palette for two weeks and that every other Sephora store was sold out. Well I saw no space for it which was odd so I found someone to ask about it and she said they'd never gotten it in yet but would go ask a manager when it was coming out as she was looking forward to it for herself too. Now this I don't get....the manager had NO CLUE when they'd get it in but to check next week. Why is it when the never know what the hell they are getting in when their shipment comes? I've asked before about stuff when it's sold out which is 99% of the time I'm looking for something in there, when it's expected to come back in and they never know! That store is so frustrating!

I feel so frustrated for you!
ssad.gif
This is just so stupid to have to deal with. I find it annoying too, that when you ask them when something will be back in stock, they give that stupid generic answer. You'd think they'd have some way of knowing but they don't want to really check for you or something. I have 3 Sephora's in my area, and not once do they even say "Do you want me to call the XX location to find out if they have it?" That would be better, you know? Esp when I just walk out shaking my head and go to that other location anyway to buy whatever it was (which of course is fully stocked)
th_dunno.gif

oceansportrait

I can't wait to get it! A brand-spanking-new Sephora's opening up for the first time in my city (the next nearest one's 2 1/2 ferry ride away so this is a big deal!) mid-August on a Friday. I have class early that morning but I'm going to wake up extra early to head over to the store BEFORE I go to class XD I hope they have it!

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I feel so frustrated for you!
ssad.gif
This is just so stupid to have to deal with. I find it annoying too, that when you ask them when something will be back in stock, they give that stupid generic answer. You'd think they'd have some way of knowing but they don't want to really check for you or something. I have 3 Sephora's in my area, and not once do they even say "Do you want me to call the XX location to find out if they have it?" That would be better, you know? Esp when I just walk out shaking my head and go to that other location anyway to buy whatever it was (which of course is fully stocked)
th_dunno.gif

Thanks!! Yes its SOOOOO frustrating that I feel like screaming at them and shaking them! I just don't see how a store can not know when they are getting something back in stock. Do they not put an order in when things are gone? Does corporate somehow just know what each store is out of and supplies whatever they feel like? This latest experience has made me sick of Sephora. The only thing is unlike you they have offered to call other store a couple times when something is out but not all the time. Sephora is ALWAYS out of something when I go....ALWAYS!!! ARRGGHHH
angry.gif

On a good note I saw that Ulta had the palette in the sale ad so I drove down there yesterday morning to get it. I had to hunt for it as there was no spot for it. I finally found it on the end cap of another aisle....not even where UD was. They only had 4 out so after I picked up mine just 3 lonely ones were sitting there. I used it today and really like it! The colors are so pretty but I too need to see some tutorials or FOTD's to see how others are using the colors. I hardly ever wear neutrals and wanted this for a change of pace.

elektra513

Quote:
Thanks!! Yes its SOOOOO frustrating that I feel like screaming at them and shaking them! I just don't see how a store can not know when they are getting something back in stock. Do they not put an order in when things are gone? Does corporate somehow just know what each store is out of and supplies whatever they feel like? This latest experience has made me sick of Sephora. The only thing is unlike you they have offered to call other store a couple times when something is out but not all the time. Sephora is ALWAYS out of something when I go....ALWAYS!!! ARRGGHHH
angry.gif

On a good note I saw that Ulta had the palette in the sale ad so I drove down there yesterday morning to get it. I had to hunt for it as there was no spot for it. I finally found it on the end cap of another aisle....not even where UD was. They only had 4 out so after I picked up mine just 3 lonely ones were sitting there. I used it today and really like it! The colors are so pretty but I too need to see some tutorials or FOTD's to see how others are using the colors. I hardly ever wear neutrals and wanted this for a change of pace.

Well, I am so happy that you were able to find it finally. I have been limiting my patronage of both Sephora and Ulta because of issues like this. I only go to them when I want/need something I cannot get anywhere else (Illamasqua/Make Up Forever/Urban Decay), but even now its online (unless I can't wait, then it's "run in, run out--don't talk to me" lol)

I hope the tutorial and FOTDs you find inspire you to create some awesome looks with the palette. After all of this, I'm sure it's all worth it!!
winks.gif

Ashleybubbles83

i sat there and looked at the screen for a while, really trying to decide if i needed this, and then i decided its probably the best neutral palette out there, and went ahead and ordered it from Ulta...which i've never gone to or ordered from...i know there's one in my city but i've never gone...its website is like sephora's...are they owned by the same company???

anywho...can't wait to try out the palette...should probably be here next week sometime!

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleybubbles83
i sat there and looked at the screen for a while, really trying to decide if i needed this, and then i decided its probably the best neutral palette out there, and went ahead and ordered it from Ulta...which i've never gone to or ordered from...i know there's one in my city but i've never gone...its website is like sephora's...are they owned by the same company???

anywho...can't wait to try out the palette...should probably be here next week sometime!

you've made a good choice girl
yes.gif
it sits on my vanity and i've been using it non stop for my work makeup looks.

misha5150

I got mine today!! I went to Sephora thinking that they were going to be sold out but when I saw that there were 2 left, I hurried up and snatched one up! LOL! This is my first UB palette so I'm looking forward to seeing how these eyeshadows hold up. I swatched a couple already and they look beautiful! I can't wait to make a look tomorrow.

coppertone

Ulta won't ship to the UK so I had my friend try and order one for me - only to have them sell out the moment she tried to order. Gah, nightmare! Why things like this can't have an international release date I'll never know!

FiestyFemme

I grabbed the last one at my local Ulta last night. So far, I'm really pleased with it. I used Sin, Naked, and Sidecar today, and they're the usual UD quality. I almost passed this up because I have so many neutrals, but this was so beautiful and such a good deal.

jess126xo

Love this. you have amazing swatches. Your look is so pretty cant wait to get my hands on this palette.

Flaminbird

Quote:
Well, I am so happy that you were able to find it finally. I have been limiting my patronage of both Sephora and Ulta because of issues like this. I only go to them when I want/need something I cannot get anywhere else (Illamasqua/Make Up Forever/Urban Decay), but even now its online (unless I can't wait, then it's "run in, run out--don't talk to me" lol)

I hope the tutorial and FOTDs you find inspire you to create some awesome looks with the palette. After all of this, I'm sure it's all worth it!!
winks.gif

Thanks! I am starting to feel the same as you about Sephora at least since I've only been in Ulta 3 times now. I honestly am starting to feel the same way about the FS MAC store that I usually go to. When I was there this past Saturday they wouldnt take my depots back saying it was a new policy and they were no longer taking e/s pots. This was a new girl I've never seen before and I found out through a chat online with MAC that the info she gave me wasnt correct. Its' not that they wont take depots back its that they like them to have the inner plastic pan also. When I'd gone in a few other times they wouldnt put things on hold for me and it just wasnt as friendly and almost seemed now that it's a snotty Haughty Taughty feeling. I never see my fave MUA anymore whom gave me her Facebook ID so we could keep in touch when collections came out. She never responds to me there so I'm just totally irritating with that entire store. Now don't get me wrong...they arent mean or anything to me but it feels kinda cold when I go there. THe recent depot thing is what got me over the edge
ssad.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Thanks! I am starting to feel the same as you about Sephora at least since I've only been in Ulta 3 times now. I honestly am starting to feel the same way about the FS MAC store that I usually go to. When I was there this past Saturday they wouldnt take my depots back saying it was a new policy and they were no longer taking e/s pots. This was a new girl I've never seen before and I found out through a chat online with MAC that the info she gave me wasnt correct. Its' not that they wont take depots back its that they like them to have the inner plastic pan also. When I'd gone in a few other times they wouldnt put things on hold for me and it just wasnt as friendly and almost seemed now that it's a snotty Haughty Taughty feeling. I never see my fave MUA anymore whom gave me her Facebook ID so we could keep in touch when collections came out. She never responds to me there so I'm just totally irritating with that entire store. Now don't get me wrong...they arent mean or anything to me but it feels kinda cold when I go there. THe recent depot thing is what got me over the edge
ssad.gif

Wow. All of those kinds of experiences at once. And if you multiply it by how many others feel that way (there is a whole thread about Sephora's customer "dis-service"), and you would think that these companies would step their game up and make it more fun for us to give them out money
th_dunno.gif
rather than this crap. Don't they realize they are in the service industry?! Ok, I won't go there tonight, lol. It's a pet peeve b/c I used to work for Origins a long long time ago, and the CS training there was unparalleled.
yes.gif

Curly1908

I really want this palette, but I'll wait for Sephora's Fall/Winter sale since it's a permanent item. Hopefully, the "hype" will have died down by then so I won't have the issues you gals are having with it selling out quickly.
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

Quote:
Wow. All of those kinds of experiences at once. And if you multiply it by how many others feel that way (there is a whole thread about Sephora's customer "dis-service"), and you would think that these companies would step their game up and make it more fun for us to give them out money
th_dunno.gif
rather than this crap. Don't they realize they are in the service industry?! Ok, I won't go there tonight, lol. It's a pet peeve b/c I used to work for Origins a long long time ago, and the CS training there was unparalleled.
yes.gif

Yep all within about a month with some back to back. I agree you think especially now with the economy they'd be all about CS but I guess they don't care. For petes sake even FedEx where I work has CS training for a courier better then it seems Sephora does or most stores for that matter. Like yesterday I told a customer that I could be at their location around 5 if that better suited them as they told me the day before they always have more documents to ship after I get there at my usual time at 3:30. They have been going to the post office drop box with all their later things. Since I Have to come back to that area around 5 it's not out of my way and it's what FedEx calls "the purple promise". They were very thankful of me offering it. Another customer asked me to be there by 5:30 which I always am since I can not have a "late" and their close time is 5:30. They said they wanted to make sure they werent putting me out and I said "that's what I'm here for....the customer is the important thing here and it's whatever suits you"....of course within reason because I cant be Everywhere at 5:30 so to speak.

I found this from Leesha using the palette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPI--...os=4HitHgeUCSY

MaryJane

I think my palette is going back to Sephora. Alot of the shades are very shimmery, I think it would be better if they had more matte shades. I've got alot of neutral shadows and these really aren't anything special.

sss215

i think this palette is nice, but i feel like i have lots of shadows like it already. i have to check out the tester next time i visit ulta or sephora to be sure.

Latest posts