Urban Decay Naked Palette

HeatherAnn

I stopped by my local Ulta today to get this and they were already sold out. The sales girl did say they should get more on Sunday....

cbh02b

I got mine in a JCpenny sephora...I love it! But I didn't hardly have any neutral shades in my collection mostly brights so this was an awesome deal for me!

obscuria

I'm going to Sephora today. If they have it I'll pick it up as long as I can see swatches of it and assure myself that it's not going to be glitter crazy.

ILoveMakeup84

I was able to get one! yaaay! Can't wait to try it out
greengrin.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I'm going to Sephora today. If they have it I'll pick it up as long as I can see swatches of it and assure myself that it's not going to be glitter crazy.

I was worried about this when I was deciding - I've stayed away from UD in the past because of their glitters. These in the Naked Palette not glittery, but there are quite a few frost shadows. I don't always like that overly frosty "shimma" look, but I am testing using different styles of brushes to apply and coming up with some great looks so far, nothing OTT. And remember, blending mattes into the look will help tone any of them down.

Just something to consider while you mull it over
winks.gif

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I was worried about this when I was deciding - I've stayed away from UD in the past because of their glitters. These in the Naked Palette not glittery, but there are quite a few frost shadows. I don't always like that overly frosty "shimma" look, but I am testing using different styles of brushes to apply and coming up with some great looks so far, nothing OTT. And remember, blending mattes into the look will help tone any of them down.

Just something to consider while you mull it over
winks.gif

I bought the BOSII palette and actually hated most of it because it was just way too glittery for my liking. Personally I feel like a 12 year old when I have glitter on. I saw this palette and swatched it, liked it, and now own it. Hah. Even the shadows that do have bits of glitter in them aren't too bad. Thanks for the tip about using a matte e/s to blend, definitely will try that.

ZoZo

Finally my ULTA box arrived today and so happy to get one and really worth every penney, can't wait to try different looks.

dressedtokill

I managed to get my hands on this palette a few weeks ago and I love it for its convenience and great eye shadow quality. I did notice that some of the shades are a bit glittery/shimmery since I end up with glitter particles on my face. I don't actually mind that but might bother some? Anyway, I'm a neutrals girl so this palette is totally worth it for me
greengrin.gif

franken_stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedtokill
I managed to get my hands on this palette a few weeks ago and I love it for its convenience and great eye shadow quality. I did notice that some of the shades are a bit glittery/shimmery since I end up with glitter particles on my face. I don't actually mind that but might bother some? Anyway, I'm a neutrals girl so this palette is totally worth it for me
greengrin.gif

Yep, me too. I usually do foundation/face powder first and then do eyes (just out of habit) but now when I use the Naked palette I'm doing it the other way around, so that I can sweep the stuff off my face and maybe even resort to covering up some of the glitter with foundation if it won't come off!

Sass

Again I love my palette. I only have a full 15 pan palette of MAC neutral eyeshadows and none are like the ones in the UD palette so that's good for me. I think I'm all set with neutral shadows now. This palette is definitley going with me on my Vegas trip next year because it's very compact. All I have to worry about now are my bright colors in transit. All good.

amillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I really want this palette, but I'll wait for Sephora's Fall/Winter sale since it's a permanent item. Hopefully, the "hype" will have died down by then so I won't have the issues you gals are having with it selling out quickly.
smiles.gif

This is exactly how I feel. I so want this but treking all over town to find it and online is tiresome. I will wait for Sephora friends and family this fall to get it. UD better not change their mind and make it limited edition.

_tiffany

The Ulta in Southcenter (Tukwila, WA) had three or four of them when I went today. I'm so tempted to buy one, but I don't think I really need it. Glad to hear that it's permanent in case I change my mind!

franken_stein

What does everyone think of the new Whisky liner?

I think I'm the only person ever who doesn't like the 24/7 Zero liner. I actually kind of hate it
ssad.gif
The fact that Naked comes with all the full-sized shadows, plus the double ended liner, plus the mini UDPP, makes it such a great deal, but I would've bought it if it was just the shadows! All the other things are just a happy bonus. I intend to use the liners but mostly just cause I have them now. I think I'm going to end up liking Whisky better than Zero (though black liner is my everyday look).

RandomnessWithK

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_stein

I think I'm the only person ever who doesn't like the 24/7 Zero liner. I actually kind of hate it
ssad.gif
The fact that Naked comes with all the full-sized shadows, plus the double ended liner, plus the mini UDPP, makes it such a great deal, but I would've bought it if it was just the shadows! All the other things are just a happy bonus. I intend to use the liners but mostly just cause I have them now. I think I'm going to end up liking Whisky better than Zero (though black liner is my everyday look).

i actually don't really like the 24/7 zero eyeliner because it smudges on me like no tomorrow.. i've tried to set it with carbon eyeshadow etc.. but smudges..

i like the whiskey e/l because i think it looks more natural.. but i love black eyeiner though lol just not the 24/7 zero.. i only use it if i want smudgey smokey dramatic eyes..

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_stein

ssad.gif

You are not alone in not liking the 24/7 liners. It doesn't stay on me at all and just smudges everywhere. I haven't even bothered opening the liners, I might just get rid of it with the mini udpp since I know I'll never use them.

Oh and on a more general note, been using this palette every day since I got it now. love it.

thiscarmen

OMG I want this palette so badly!
I'm just really happy it's permanent because it sells super fast and I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet.

It's like the most perfect palette ever, because I'll have neutrals to last me forever.
Well, maybe not forever, but I'll be buying less neutrals haha.

franken_stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
i actually don't really like the 24/7 zero eyeliner because it smudges on me like no tomorrow.. i've tried to set it with carbon eyeshadow etc.. but smudges..

i like the whiskey e/l because i think it looks more natural.. but i love black eyeiner though lol just not the 24/7 zero.. i only use it if i want smudgey smokey dramatic eyes..

Same here! Good to know it's not just me. Not only does it smudge, it's just... not even that black, at least to me. It actually looks kind of gray.

I'm just going to take out the double ended liner and put a Mac Technakohl in Graphblack in its place. It fits there really nicely! (Well, pretty much any eyeliner should fit in there.) In fact, I might just keep one there all the time. I ALWAYS have Graphblack on hand, that's the one that works for me.

andicandi3x12

I got mine at sephora yesterday, there were 3 out and i got one. SO on my break I went back to sephora to browse today and there were 3 out again. I thin sephora is kind of helping to create hype by making the displays look sparse... Oh and Zero, yeah I will take smolder any day its really not dark enough at all. Not a carbon black in any way.