Using pigments to make nail polish / lacquer

labwom

That is so pretty! I like usinf pink bronze and coco beach together. It makes a beautiful color!

Vesper Lynd

Re: Made some nail laquer with Pigments...

how can I use pigments as nail polish directly on my fingers? is there a way?

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Lynd

Not to get a color like the one posted. You can dust some on your nails, like the glitters and some shabado will happen, you could affix some tape strategically and get some design, but that seems like too much work! But as for directly adding it I don't see it.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Lynd

I've tried and no, it doesn't work. I tried putting pigment directly on my nail, which failed. Then I tried having a small bit on paper which I'd pick up with the brush, which also bombed. Nevermind the messiness, the pigment ends up on your brush and, unless you want to clean your brush between dips, will end up in your clear polish too. The colour doesn't spread so evenly either, it'll end up either streaky or globby.

chocokitty

OMG love the color!! I haven't tried to use pigments to make polish now I so will. Thanks!

This Is Mine

ahhhh! that's awesome! I'm going to have to try this. Less than 1/2 tsp total pigment eh....

contrabassoon

That's a beautiful colour. Glitters are also a great product to use on nails!

madkitty

Re: Pigments to make nail polish/lacquer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
i don't use my Melon pigment for much other than my nails.

i buff the pigment on and seal it with a clear coat of polish.

how do you buff the pigments on your nails?

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkitty
how do you buff the pigments on your nails?

Just take a bit with your finger and buff it onto your nail. I do this all the time, it works nicely because pigments adhere well.

xmamax

Ooh,that's such a good idea. I'm going to have to try it with rose.

Sabrunka

Yah just today I put helium into a clear nail polish and it turned out VERY pretty
smiles.gif

clwkerric

Well I definitely will be trying this one! I bet Helium would make a pretty color... I haven't found a fantastic use for this piggie yet! I can only use it for a highlight, thats it.

labellavita7

MAC Pigment to make nail polish colors?

I have heard of people doing this but I've never seen how it came out. If you have mixed the pigment into your nail color, could you post pictures of it? Thanks!
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

Re: MAC Pigment to make nail polish colors?

I have done this many times and I love the results. I have used Deep Blue Green, which I love! Mixed pigments like Electric Coral and Old Gold or Green Brown with Emerald Green, etc. Results are amazing. The only thing is some pigments settle like Deep Blue Green. I just used a makeshift funnel out of those 139393 annoying magazine subcription papers and used a clean hair barrette thingy. Works great. I have also made lippies with them. Here's an old pic where I used Blue Storm and Dark Soul. Excuse the crappy manicure job!
smiles.gif

P2060705.JPG

knoxydoll

Re: MAC Pigment to make nail polish colors?

I've used melon, rose and provence. They all made really beautiful colours. If you have any of those sample jars they're perfect for mixing clear polish with pigments.

MAC_Whore

This thread merged with existing thread on the same topic. Kindly take the time to search the boards before posting to reduce redundant threads.

Latest posts