Using your B2M rejects

manthanoelle

Mantha Noelle Makeup TUTORIAL IS NOW UP ON MY BLOG.

So... I have a billion or at least what feels like a billion, B2M items which I can't use anymore because of the no depotting rule now
nonono.gif

I wanted to try to come up with something to do with my depotted B2M rejects. And was wondering if anyone else has tried to do the same.

Also, if this is in the wrong area of the form or if there is a rule on picture size and I am breaking it, I AM SORRRRRY. Haha I am still a newbie here.

But, heres what I did with one of my blush compacts.

And yes those are sprinkles and glitter, Reflects Transparent Teal to be exact haha.

znu5c5.jpg

Hilly

OMG! How freakin cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like candy!! YUM YUM!

manthanoelle

Nail glue haha. The chain was one of those that was to connect to each side of the broach that it originally came with, so it wasnt one "circular" chain it was really 2 that had opposing clasp ends on it. So I used a fast set nail glue and glued one of the chains to one side of the compact and the other chain to the other side. I don't really think I made any sense just now haha.

I am planning on making a bracelet next with all eyeshadow compacts and inside they have promo photos of my favorite collections.

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMacMakeup
OMG!! That rocks...I hope you dont mind me stealing this idea
smiles.gif

hahaha feel free.
we all need to get rid of these empty rejected containers some how.

ImMACnificent

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Can I have this?!!?! PLEASE. How freaking cool is that!

Can you do maybe a video or picture tutorial (I am a visual person, haha) on how to do this?!

Roxie

I think you're about to regret sharing this brilliant idea here with everyone - you coulda made a killing on Ebay with all the different designs etc.!
lol.gif

In all seriousness, that is just freakin' genius and I can't believe no-one has thought of something like that before. I love it. And I really love the idea for the bracelet with different collection pix inside. Really awesome creative stuff there. You'll definitely have to share the photos of your next MAC project(s).

Just outta curiosity - did you glue the blush case shut once you filled it with the sprinkles?

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMACnificent
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Can I have this?!!?! PLEASE. How freaking cool is that!

Can you do maybe a video or picture tutorial (I am a visual person, haha) on how to do this?!

I was considering making a video for it. I've never made a video tutorial before but maybe I'll have to change that.
smiles.gif

kariii

AHEY! i see you are from the bay area san francisco! you need to go to the freestanding mac on fillmore st. They will take it from you!

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie
I think you're about to regret sharing this brilliant idea here with everyone - you coulda made a killing on Ebay with all the different designs etc.!
lol.gif

In all seriousness, that is just freakin' genius and I can't believe no-one has thought of something like that before. I love it. And I really love the idea for the bracelet with different collection pix inside. Really awesome creative stuff there. You'll definitely have to share the photos of your next MAC project(s).

Just outta curiosity - did you glue the blush case shut once you filled it with the sprinkles?

Haha I considered selling them but I'd feel bad ripping people off.

Anddddddd the compact is not entirely full, it looks like it... but it's not. It's a bit tricky but I am definately going to make it a video for it so everyone can see
smiles.gif

ImMACnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthanoelle
I was considering making a video for it. I've never made a video tutorial before but maybe I'll have to change that.
smiles.gif

That would be awesome. PLEASE do and post it =D

HOTasFCUK

Thats such a neat idea!

I didn't know they stopped taking depotted pots for B2M! Crap i have so many i've been waiting to bring in! Does this apply everywhere or certain locations?

manthanoelle

Some locations do from what I hear some do not. Well, most don't. I have about 4 or 5 freestanding stores in my area. The closest 2 to me I called when Starflash was going on and asked, 1 took depotteds the other did not. I called about a week ago to see if the policy for both stores were the same, and now they both don't take them. It's best to just call your store and ask.