Using your B2M rejects

Le-Saboteur

That is so cool! Great job
greengrin.gif

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcorrine
You really should sell these on etsy. If you still don't want to, I'd be tempted to put something similar in the shop I'm starting up.

I dont think that would be very cool.

manthanoelle

Sorry everyone I epicly fail at getting on here too often. I vote that we need to make specktra sidekick friendly, because I am a sidekick user and constantly lurk on my phone but whatever coding is used doesn't allow me to post things from my phone
ssad.gif
haha so I have to wait til I can find a computer to use so I can reply.

BUT the video IS comming soon as I get a day off of work. Which will be early next week at least.

And I am going to offer these as swapable items on MUA, I figure someones not going to want to make these on their own, and I'd feel grimmey asking for straight up moolah for them. So if anyone doesn't feel crafty enough to make them or whatever, I'll feel less grimmey about asking as a fair trade for one. This is of course anyone is interested in that.

Quote:
You really should sell these on etsy. If you still don't want to, I'd be tempted to put something similar in the shop I'm starting up.

I would apperciate if you didn't. Feel free to do what you feel like with your rejects, but I would not be happy knowing someone took my idea that I came up with and I am offering to provide to people FREELY in order to make money off of it as their own idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelena
Have you tried different MAC store?
I'm friend just took back to MAC 50+ depoted pots of shadows and they didn't give her hard time at all

Haha, the mall I work in has a freestanding store. 10 minutes from my house is a seperate freestanding store. 2 minutes from my house is a counter. I live with in a 20 mile radius of 9 counters and stores all together haha. I have trrrried and have failed
ssad.gif
the only store I know who would take them near me is a Pro-Store and though I am a Pro Member, it's easier for me to order online than it is to go to the store. So maybe eventually I'll be able to get there, but haha watch by then they'll get the memo that I am comming and will stop taking depots
ssad.gif
. But I have made good friends with the MAC artists at one of the freestandings I regularly go to so I am hoping one day I will crack them into bending this anti-depot rule, I DESERVE FREE STUFF TOO DANG IT
ssad.gif
But it's okay, I only get potted items that are from collections so I don't really rack up too many pots, I mainly use pro pans.

jjjenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Thats such a neat idea!

I didn't know they stopped taking depotted pots for B2M! Crap i have so many i've been waiting to bring in! Does this apply everywhere or certain locations?

I just brought my depotted eyeshadow pots in and B2M'd and got lavender whip!! So yeah they should still take them!

jjjenko

Quote:

This would be NOT cool AT ALL! How horrible you would even think of that...you didn't even come up with making them in the first place!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthanoelle
Sorry everyone I epicly fail at getting on here too often. I vote that we need to make specktra sidekick friendly, because I am a sidekick user and constantly lurk on my phone but whatever coding is used doesn't allow me to post things from my phone
ssad.gif
haha so I have to wait til I can find a computer to use so I can reply.

BUT the video IS comming soon as I get a day off of work. Which will be early next week at least.

And I am going to offer these as swapable items on MUA, I figure someones not going to want to make these on their own, and I'd feel grimmey asking for straight up moolah for them. So if anyone doesn't feel crafty enough to make them or whatever, I'll feel less grimmey about asking as a fair trade for one. This is of course anyone is interested in that.

I would apperciate if you didn't. Feel free to do what you feel like with your rejects, but I would not be happy knowing someone took my idea that I came up with and I am offering to provide to people FREELY in order to make money off of it as their own idea.

Haha, the mall I work in has a freestanding store. 10 minutes from my house is a seperate freestanding store. 2 minutes from my house is a counter. I live with in a 20 mile radius of 9 counters and stores all together haha. I have trrrried and have failed
ssad.gif
the only store I know who would take them near me is a Pro-Store and though I am a Pro Member, it's easier for me to order online than it is to go to the store. So maybe eventually I'll be able to get there, but haha watch by then they'll get the memo that I am comming and will stop taking depots
ssad.gif
. But I have made good friends with the MAC artists at one of the freestandings I regularly go to so I am hoping one day I will crack them into bending this anti-depot rule, I DESERVE FREE STUFF TOO DANG IT
ssad.gif
But it's okay, I only get potted items that are from collections so I don't really rack up too many pots, I mainly use pro pans.

I want a sidekick friendly specktra.net too! I hate being able to only view posts on the site but not reply to them!

Can't wait for the tutorial! I've always wanted some cute MAC stuff other than just the makeup items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjenko
I just brought my depotted eyeshadow pots in and B2M'd and got lavender whip!! So yeah they should still take them!

It depends on where you go for B2M I guess. Some places are enforcing the no depotting rule while other places still accept them.

HustleRose

super cute necklace! i was thinking you know what else would be cute in there? if you took the star and heart shaped sprinkle things they make, that would be awesome!

andrrea

That's really cute!!!

Sucks about the new rules, but I`m going to try with mine anyway. I`ve got quite a few depotted eyeshadows!!!

meeta

I'm really excited for the video tutorial!!

I don't know much about copyrights, etc but is there a way you can try to protect your idea? Unfortunately, there are people out there who will take advantage otherwise. It's awesome that you'll swap them, but if you decided to sell, it seems like there are plenty of people here who would be willing to pay
smiles.gif
It seems like you have such a great crafty eye, you should take this idea of yours and run with it!

Charlie'sAngel

You should swap your B2M's with other people whose stores accepts B2M empties. My stores still accepts depotted empties....I love swapping my neglected makeup for B2M empties becuase I can actually use them!!! I know some other stores do as well....

manthanoelle

So, I realize I totally failed at making a tutorial. I am sorry
ssad.gif
My computer has been on the fritz for the past few months so I couldn't do it.

BUT it's working now so perhaps if anyone wants to know how to do this you can message me and I can try to pull together a photo tutorial.

manthanoelle

OH I am going to make other jewelery with depots, sooooooo when I do make them I WILL sell them, they'll be bracelets. Semi similar.

kayley123

This is a great idea, and very very cute!, but I think you should know, you can still take back depots--This is a link to a very recent post in this B2M FAQ thread:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/b...ml#post1596756
If they give you a hard time, you should just politely ask them to check on it, because I've also done a Live Chat where the person said that depots are fine; its supposed to be a standard policy now.

Still, if you make these and sell them, depending on how much you charge, you might be better off selling them for $ to spend on MAC!
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

AjaAbeni

Oh oh oh please do! I see we're in the same area I might have to meet up with you and but summa yo jewerly!!!
yes.gif
th_DANCE.gif
tong.gif

MsWonderful

Awesome! I thought it was actually filled with the sprinkles but it would spill all over the place when people try to mess with it and that would be hilarious.