Venting Time!! Gym Pet Peeves!

Wattage

Sometimes I just need to let out my beefs about the gym... so here we go!! Please feel free to add your two cents!

1. Cell phones and talking on them, while you are ON exercise machinery. Seriously. I don't know when life became so urgent that we can't even do ten minutes on the stairmaster without phoning someone/someone phoning us.

2. "Dressing Up" for the gym. Not that I don't think people should look good, but it makes others uncomfortable when certain individuals use the gym as a trolling ground. Maybe try a bar??

3. The opposite - too dressed down. Jeans? In a gym? I know it's not allowed at my gym so I don't get why the staff don't say anything...

4. People who don't put free-weights back in the correct slot. Apparently they missed out on that little "match the shape to the hole" puzzle when they were little...

LOL - please add on!

greengrin.gif

Shimmer

not wiping off machinery
the over grunters
the correctors (here do it like THIS)
the singers (ipod on, singing with the song)
the studs who check themselves out in the mirror
the supplement comparers.

Thank God our gym is at home, I'd lose it.
oh.gif

hyperRealGurl

haha ill add something...

1: People using the weight bench and leaving their nasty sweat all over the seat.. I mean come on people "can we say Towel Please" b/c i dunno about everyone else i dont like exchanging bodly fluids like that.
Pretty gross if u ask me.

Vicky88

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
not wiping off machinery

People actually do that? rofl

Tyester

I sing, yell, grunt, make noises, bang wieghts, etc... and everything, but I workout at home.

However things that WOULD distract me:

girls with too much perfume
girls wearing very skimpy and revealing clothing while working out(yes, its very hot, but theres a time and place for everything)
guys in my way who stand around eyeing the girls
people not using a machine or station, but say they are
people who can't even use a machine or station and won't ask for help/an explaination
people who stare
the whole dressing up thing, it's not social hour, get to work!
people who just go to the gym to congregate

and since the subject of talking and cellphones were brought up...

This is for all the yappers:
notalking.jpg

bottleblack

Quote:

You mean...people...don't....like that?
icon_eek.gif

Just kidding! I am guilty of mouthing the words to songs as I huff and puff through my workout.

Shimmer

lol mouthing the words is one thing, I mean after all, it's like calling cadence in the army, and it kind of forces you to breath.

ooooo what about the girls who DO get all hoochied up to work out, then get offended when they're leered at?

Jennifer Mcfly

People who spend way too much time on one machine! Seriously, 2 hours on the elliptical!!! Doing like hundreds of reps on one machine. You obviously are doing something wrong buddy!!

the cell phone thing is a big one for me too! my gym pal is attached to her phone! I always make fun of her when it rings in the middle of working out and she stops to answer it. what a distraction. When I'm in the gym, the outside world is tuned out completely! I don't even bring my phone with me.

SChotgurrl

EVERYTHING ya'll have said so far bugs me too! Also seeing girls in the mirror comparing bodies and complaining their fatter than each other---but in reality they're some gym-a-holics and don't even have ONE ounce of body fat!!! GRRRRRR.....
th_remoteImage-61.gif

I also hate getting the Bitch-why-are-you-in-the-gym-you're-"too skinny"-to-be-working-out looks----um scuse me, but last I checked you can go to the gym to TONE UP and STAY IN SHAPE!!!
finger.gif

It actually kinda hurts my feelings when people act like slim girls aren't allowed in the gym
ssad.gif
I can't help that my metabolism as high as hell, damn it!!!

.nicole.

ugh so many people just stand around the bench machine at my gym and just talk for like 25 minutes... i mean when the boyfriend and i go we meet up with part of his football team and we talk BUT we're all still using the machines..

oh and a lot of guys use mirrors when they are lifting so they know when to stop, because a lot of owrk outs of you go all the way down or to far up you actually aren't doing any good to your muscle.

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyester
girls with too much perfume

OMG YES! In any arena of life this is completely uncalled for!!

Also, you made me think about people who wear too much "Eau de Body Odour" at the gym. I know you are supposed to shower after, by what are you consuming that makes you smell THAT bad??

Seriously, sometimes I have to move down a treadmill or two!

farra712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
People who spend way too much time on one machine! Seriously, 2 hours on the elliptical!!! Doing like hundreds of reps on one machine. You obviously are doing something wrong buddy!!

OMG! I so agree with this. A girl I used to be friends with used to always try to get me to come to the gym with her (even though we have enough gym equipment at my house) and she would stay on the elliptical machine for an hour and a half. She lost like 4 pounds max in 3 months and she had about 35 to lose. Then she would tell me how the exercises I was doing were "sketchy" because they didn't take me more than 30 minutes for the whole thing.

I hate those people at the gym that stay there for like 4 hours. I know it shouldn't matter to me, but seriously, what are you doing that takes 4 hours, and is it worth it?

frances92307

What annoys me:
Old men who want to chat me up and give me pointers
When the weights aren't returned to the rack.

Tyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
OMG YES! In any arena of life this is completely uncalled for!!

Also, you made me think about people who wear too much "Eau de Body Odour" at the gym. I know you are supposed to shower after, by what are you consuming that makes you smell THAT bad??

Seriously, sometimes I have to move down a treadmill or two!

+1

I forgot that it applies to ALL smells, too sweet AND too stinky. I'll wear deoderant even by myself.

Shimmer

Indeed.

Of course there are the perpetual "gym bunnies".

More than likely, strippers. Fantastic bods really, though you'd never know it from their workout routine.
On the treadmill in false lashes, jewelry, and using the sidekick.

*as an aside I LOVE stripper bodies, particularly after the stripper has been dancing for awhile and has a very athletic figure, so please don't think I'm maligning anyone.*

moonrevel

My biggest gym pet peeve is people who go there to see and be seen. Usually it's men, and they're there in their workout clothes, but they don't really do anything constructive! They'll spot a buddy in the weight room, then go get a drink from the water fountain. Weigh themselves, get a drink from the water fountain. Peer in on a class, get a drink from the water fountain. Like, what are you doing, buddy? If you want to people watch, go to a coffee shop!

Tyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
My biggest gym pet peeve is people who go there to see and be seen. Usually it's men, and they're there in their workout clothes, but they don't really do anything constructive! They'll spot a buddy in the weight room, then go get a drink from the water fountain. Weigh themselves, get a drink from the water fountain. Peer in on a class, get a drink from the water fountain. Like, what are you doing, buddy? If you want to people watch, go to a coffee shop!

Not to pick on you, but it's a possibility those guys are actually trainers, and some of 'em don't workout with their clients.

Wattage

Quote:
Indeed.

Of course there are the perpetual "gym bunnies".

More than likely, strippers. Fantastic bods really, though you'd never know it from their workout routine.

Gawd!! I hate these girls! I swear they are there a quarter of the time I am and they look just smashing!! :confused:

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
Gawd!! I hate these girls! I swear they are there a quarter of the time I am and they look just smashing!! :confused:

Darlin, if they're the same type of girls I'm talking about, they're strippers. They're only there for maintenance and nothing else.
smiles.gif