Venting Time!! Gym Pet Peeves!

cupcake_x

My #1 pet peeve is when a guy is lifting weights and they have to yell and grunt so I hear it across the whole gym.

Others include when the guys stand around talking about their sex life (which is probably nonexistant), when I will be on a machine and there are a ton of other open machines and a creepy guy decides to use the one right next to me. I feel so weirded out, but I guess I should feel flattered?

Another is when women in really skanky outfits come in and talk to all the men but go like 1.5 miles per hour on the treadmill. How the hell do you expect to lose any weight if you're walking that slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I could have sworn I already posted in but I guess not.

it seems like a lot of ppl are hating on folks with makeup at the gym. I work out with makeup because I go straight from work so my day makeup is still on. I wouldn't do my face just to go the gym (say on the weekend) but during the week I don't have time to go home, take off my face and then go to the gym.

Same. I come in at night and sometimes I will have some smokey eyeshadow or something. People must be thinking I'm a freak!

leenybeeny

All I have to say is that I am so glad I work out at a small, al womens gym. I don't have *any* issues. It's awesome.

cupcake_x

^I wish I could find a women's gym that's not like Curves or Ladies Workout Express. I know they only have extremely light weights and stuff.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
^I wish I could find a women's gym that's not like Curves or Ladies Workout Express. I know they only have extremely light weights and stuff.

I really love it. We have a full weights area with everything you could need.. I think mine is only in Canada, not sure.. check out Mademoiselle Fitness. I think it's owned by Premier.

ritchieramone

I'm pretty happy with the gym I go to; most people mind their own business and get on with what they're doing without causing me or anyone else any problems.

As for make-up, I'm another one who goes straight to the gym from work so I've always got it on. I would wipe off brightly-coloured lipstick if I was wearing it, but other than that, I just leave it and get rid of the whole sweaty lot once I'm done.

It makes me laugh when I hear guys grunting and puffing with their weights or making really pained comedy expressions. I try to keep a straight face because I don't want anyone to think I'm laughing in a mean way because I'm really not; I just find it hilarious though!
yes.gif

cupcake_x

Oh man, I was at the gym and this meathead buff tanorexic couple were insulting and making fun of all the beginners and people who can't bench a ridiculous amount of weight.
I was so ticked off that they were so rude! I instantly thought of this thread while I was listening to them. I mean, if you're so great and everyones beneath you, get an at-home gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
I really love it. We have a full weights area with everything you could need.. I think mine is only in Canada, not sure.. check out Mademoiselle Fitness. I think it's owned by Premier.

I live in Delaware, I really doubt they have them here D: Thanks though! That's pretty awesome. Even more reason for me to wanna move to Canada :lol

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x

I live in Delaware, I really doubt they have them here D: Thanks though! That's pretty awesome. Even more reason for me to wanna move to Canada :lol

Come on up!!
thmbup.gif

I went to a Zumba class the other night.. it was such a blast.. and because it's all women, we were all being goofy and having a great time and not worrying about shaking our booties!

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
Come on up!!
thmbup.gif

I went to a Zumba class the other night.. it was such a blast.. and because it's all women, we were all being goofy and having a great time and not worrying about shaking our booties!

Aw, that is so cool! That's totally what we need here. It sounds like a lot of fun. I know there's a Flirty Girl Fitness in Toronto, I totally wanna check that out and maybe take a few classes.

User35

"Lunch Ladies"

at my gym me and some fellow cops ( a lot of us go to the gym) have the "lunch ladies". They are a group of stuck up middle aged women who yell ( because they always have their ipods in) on the treadmill or eliptical, going at a snails pace about how hard they worked out at lunch. " I came in at lunch and did 6 miles on the treadmill and then 500 situps." "O yeah? well yesterday I did a marathon and only ate carrot sticks." They are always trying to one up eachother and yelling at the same time. They look like they dont loose weight and they are rude and look down their noses at other girls. ANNOYING !

we have stinky hippy's at my gym, the meat heads and the sluts and kids who goof off. And then the geezers who do nothing but socialize.

star*violet

i'm another one who goes to the gym straight from school, or can't be bothered to take off my makeup and wash my face before i go (since i have wipes with me and normally cleanse my face after anyway).

my worst (well, only i think) pet peeve though is girls who ONLY use the treadmill. you know you can walk outside for free right? i mean, weather permitting of course, but then at least use something else when it's beautiful weather out and you've been on the treadmill for almost an hour and you're still just walking (and not breaking a sweat).

i guess it's their choice to spend like $40 a month to walk though so it doesn't really bother me, but i still think it's kinda dumb.

OH! ALSO! the extremely creepy pedophile instructor who molests all the teenage girls with his eyes. gross.

TISH1124

so glad My dh and I work out together...I really don't notice what anyone else is doing....we have a focus mission and we go in ...get it done and get on out ....Most days we ride our bikes or run outdoors however...but when we do go to the gym we do weights or a spin class and don't spend a lot of time observing and listening...we both wear our ipods and tune out the other people.

gabi03

ooops, i'm sorry i'm one of those people who at times talks on the phone...there are just some calls i gotta talk ya'll. And yes i'm a person who runs and kinda bobs their head to the music...i can't help it.

But my pet peeve are girls who strut around the changing room half naked like nothing is wrong. I don't want to see your stuff everywhere, and please don't sit on the benches butt naked.

Lauren1981

*when people have really loud stupid conversations while going -9 miles an hour on the treadmill......... get the f*ck off and take your phone call elsewhere so others can use the machine!!

*women that spray shitloads of perfume on as if it'll keep them from sweating and stinking

*people that sit on machines and have convos with one another. get the f*ck off and go chill with the broad on the phone having that loud stupid conversation

*guys that want to show you the "right way" to work your "biceps"....... did i ask you?? no!

*ppl running on treadmills with flip flops

*girls with no bras (and you can DEFINITELY tell). that's damn near f*cking offensive

*people that drink pop (soda) while working out. wtf? thats like going to mcdonalds RIGHT after the gym!!

unkn0wn

i hate when people are just sitting on a machine and talking to their friends. especially when i want to use the machine!

and ew, i also hate when people leave their sweat all over a machine. gross.

chocolategoddes

I don't like working out at the gym when there's people I know because I don't want to feel obligated to socialize... when I go to the gym, I want to focus on my exercise. The gym makes me antisocial for some reason.

mocha_queen

This has been mentioned before, im sure...but people who dont wipe down the machines after sweating all over it...its just gross -I wipe down every machine before and after I use it.

People who wont use a deodrant or put on perfume
No one want a whiff of your body odour, thank you and perfume just creates a worse sweet stinky odour.

Chicks that wear too much make up...what is up with that?
I have a friend who wears her foundation, MSF, Blush, Iridescent powder, lipglass, eye liner and mascara and lets her long hair down while running...wtf?
Her excuse - she came to the gym right from classes. im sorry but if you have time to change your clothes, you have time to wipe your face clean too.

I totally sing along to songs on my ipod though
tong.gif

not loud!

Macnarsandlove

hahahahahaha

I just started working at a gym 2 weeks ago and please believe me everything u guys have mentioned is 100% true. I am seriouslly lol cause faces are popping up as I look at the posts.

Dont stop!

Brittni

When you can hear people having a conversation over your loudest setting on your mp3s.

When you are trying to focus on one spot ahead while running and someone stands directly in the way. Ignorance is bliss.

The worst is while I'm in spinning class and someone has the worst B.O!!!! I rather smell someone who has drowned their body in fragrance before I smell someone who smells of last nights dinner....coming out of their pores. YUCK! I literally gag while sitting by a lady who smells like garlic while she was sweating on the spinning bikes.