Viva Glam Cyndi or Gaga?

Blushbaby

Have any of you bought one (or both)? Which did you go for? I'm thinking about getting the Gaga shade when it's out in the UK but am not sure. I'm NC50 for reference.

gabi03

Cyndi is really pretty on brown girls. Its a midtone coral red, goes on sheerish and looks great on the daytime. Gaga is really nice on the lips as well, it looks good with a brown lipliner. It's my first non-hot pink lipstick and i love it. For reference i'm NC45.

DaniCakes

I tried on Gaga yesterday at the Pro store in Chicago. Hated it!! Does not look good on my skintone (C7 in Studiofix). Probably needs a liner, but it's too light.

iadorepretty

i actually bought both, for reference i'm a NC45.

cyndi is actually the more universally friendly color. it's a really pretty coral red. i honestly think it will look good on any woman.

gaga is another story. it's a really pretty pink, but it's definitely a cool pink. so it's gonna take a little more work for WOC to pull it off. i paired it with Partial Pink Cremesheen and i actually like it. you can also try darkening it with a liner

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
Cyndi is really pretty on brown girls. Its a midtone coral red, goes on sheerish and looks great on the daytime. Gaga is really nice on the lips as well, it looks good with a brown lipliner. It's my first non-hot pink lipstick and i love it. For reference i'm NC45.

I just ordered my first mac lipliners and both of them are brown so I will play around with the Gaga shade to see what I can do with it. I'm all ready cool toned so that's half the battle won right there.

HeavenLeiBlu

Cyndi. Gaga reminds me of (and made me wanna) vomit. The MA was trying to hit me with the hard sell, too, with all these suggestions for different looks w/different liners. Uh, No way homie!

misha5150

Cyndi would be the most wearable shade for WOC. Gaga is a much brighter pepto bismol pink color. I want to get it just because I love Lady Gaga but I don't see myself wearing this lipstick that much. I agree with a previous poster about pairing it with a dark liner to make it more wearable.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Cyndi. Gaga reminds me of (and made me wanna) vomit. The MA was trying to hit me with the hard sell, too, with all these suggestions for different looks w/different liners. Uh, No way homie!

Yeah, you have to remember that the MAs are sales associates as well so they don't care about you walkin' outta there looking like a fool as long as they meet their #s for hte day, LOL!

Plus I'm a great believer that if you have to use a liner/gloss to change a color so much that it barely resembles the initial lippie color, then that shade wasn't for you in the first place!
girl_devil.gif

jazmatazz

I would love to be able to pull off Gaga but after seeing swatches I don't think it's going to happen. Which is weird because I though Viva Glam lippies are supposed to be wearable for all skintones. I don't have the patience or skill to alter a lipstick color too much with liner, maybe gloss
smiles.gif

mrslovejoy

I went to my local MAC counter the other day and the MA did a nice look on me using vg gaga. First, she lined my lips with dark liner (I forgot the name but it was dark brown). Then she put gaga on me and put the new lavender wind l/g from the spring forecase collection on top. It looked HAWT!! The combination reminds me of lavender whip. I'm NC45-50 for reference.

Babylard

i think cyndi will look better. but gaga would look nice too if you look good with light pink lips in general. my lips are super pigmented and gaga shows up not as cool as others who have lighter lips and it can be very manipulated depending on the gloss you wear. i think you can make it work for you. but cyndi will be effortless glam

bobbiedoll03

I bought Cyndi and it is a beautiful color in my opinion on my skin. I am an NC45 for reference. I put Venetian lipgloss on top because that is what Cyndi has on in the promo pic according to the MAC Mua and it was a beautiful combo. I like to wear red lips during the day sometimes and this is perfect for that because it is not like that bam red that you get from mattes and semi-matte colors.

As far as Gaga, I really tried to make it work but it was too opaque for me and I didn't like how it settled in the lines of my lips. It reminded me of Snob as well which I could never pull off.

MrsGooch

Hello Ladies! I got Cindi and I love it! REALLY wanted to get Gaga, but had to be honest w/ myself and know that I would never use it....but, I'm looking forward to getting some wear out of Cindi this spring.

KeshieShimmer

I think I will go back and get Cyndi. I got Gaga today and didn't even try Cyndi, I only wanted to spend 15 dollars. haha. I also swatched Cyndi and it read old lady color to me so I was turned off from trying it on.

Gaga is alright, I think I have a mild love for her which is why I bought it AND it was sold out online so I felt that I NEEDED it. The MUA tried Gaga on me with pink treat and it looked nice. I just need to scrub my lips so they are smoother.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Edit: BTW, if there was any argument that Lady Gaga didn't work for NC50---I put that to an end today.
I was wearing a dark, smokey eye today (being anti-Vday) and tried it on and it worked that way. An MA agreed that a dark eye and lady gaga worked supremely together. And it clicked later for me cuz (even though Gaga could wear her own lippie everyday of her life with her color) she is making it work in the promo with a big dark smokey eye, so there in lay the key maybe.

th_dunno.gif

Ashleybubbles83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Neither look like they'd be flattering on brown skin IMO.

i feel the same way!

when i saw the lipsticks i was like, hmmm, i thought all the viva glams were supposed to be universal to all skin tones...but i don't feel like either would work on me...i think i have to see a WOC wearing the lipstick to believe it!