Viva Glam Cyndi or Gaga?

Blushbaby

Thanks for your replies. Those who have either/or, would you be kind enough to post some swatches to help the rest of us make up our minds.

Thank you x

iadorepretty

@Blushbaby, here are swatches of both w/ flash; for reference i'm NC45

DSCN0476.jpg

GaGa is on the left, Cyndi is on the right.

cocodivatime

Here's my two cents:

I initially tried Cyndi and thought it looked ok. I decided to put a gloss on top and then it looked better. Its a very different color from what I usually wear so I decided to get it.
I think I may have better luck at home once I find a good liner and perfect gloss to pair with it. In the store I just used what the MA gave me....and thats not always the best choice

I tried Gaga after coming home with Cyndi and reading about Gaga everywhere. Great. So I went back to the store the next day and tried Gaga on for myself. At first I put it on by itself, no liner or gloss and it was pretty terrible.

I stood there frowing in the mirror and a WOC MA walked up to me and told me that needed a liner and gloss to make it work. So she gave me Oak liner which I applied pretty generously around the edges because the liner is pretty light. Then I used Viva Glam lipglass on top and it worked. I actually liked it.
th_wink3.gif

Its not an everyday look but I would rock this color in the evening.

BUT heres the thing-----

I tried it on again the next day and it was soooooo ugly. I just sat there in awe of how I got tricked. But then I had to step back and think of what I did wrong.......

Here's the key:

1. For me, my lips must be totally exfoliated or else all the lines and dry skin show. Yuck.

2. It looks better sheered out on me. Just one swipe and maybe a tad more to fill in. The second time I tried it, I was feeling more confident than the first time and put WAY too much on.

3. Last it needs a gloss. MUST have a gloss

Its kind of a high maintenance color for a lot of us WOC, but it can work. Just depends if you're willing to go through all the steps.

I plan to do a review on my YouTube channel. Check me out
winks.gif

La Dolce Diva

GAGA!
GAGA!
GAGA!

l've been wearing this thing religiously for the past 3 days (since it came out lol) and I am in heaven. I will be purchasing 1 every month to make sure I have enough when it goes away.

BUT I will say this- I love a pink shimmerless lip, and like other have said it is very cool, so you have to be aware of that. I wear mine alone with no liner or gloss because I just love the color so much. Other ladies may not be feeling that idea...

shontay07108

I just got my Gaga and Cyndi lipsticks in the mail. I rushed to try them on and realized Gaga is amazing. It really works. I didn't have on any liner or anything. Cyndi is also amazing. These are two winning shades. Now I say get both.

Curly1908

Can you ladies who purchased one or both of the colors post pics of you wearing the lippies rather than just swatches?

Ashleybubbles83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Can you ladies who purchased one or both of the colors post pics of you wearing the lippies rather than just swatches?

THIS!

It would make a lot more sense to me to see it on someone's lips!

DaniCakes

LOL The MA tried to do the same thing with me. I guess they are trying to reach their sales goal, however, I am not buying something that makes me look crazy. Gaga needs a liner and I'm not into liners!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Cyndi. Gaga reminds me of (and made me wanna) vomit. The MA was trying to hit me with the hard sell, too, with all these suggestions for different looks w/different liners. Uh, No way homie!

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908

here's a look i did the other day with Viva Cyndi:

DSCN0552-1-1.jpg

i took this pic using the flash. but, as you can see it isn't a "true" red; there's definitely a "coralish" tint to it. hope this helps those who are trying to figure out which one to purchase. btw, i'm NC45.

iadorepretty

so i decided to pull out Viva GaGa this morning and play around with it. i discovered that the way to make this color work for WOC is not to pile it on. if you do more than 2 coats, it will look too bubblegum pink and it'll also draw attention to the lines in your lips.

if you do 1-2 coat(s) max and top it off with a gloss (this morning i used NARS Ophelia), it looks really pretty.

i'll post a pic when i get home.

iadorepretty

here's GaGa...

DSCN0563-1.jpg

here i used one coat of GaGa w/ NARS Ophelia l/g on top. i later had to reapply and used 2 coats of GaGa and it still looked like
heart.gif
. i think the key w/ this lippie is not using a heavy hand

Regality101

Iadorepretty, that Cyndi looks GREAT on you. I might have to get that. I was at the counter yesterday and I asked the MUA about GaGa and she asked if I was scared and I said YEAH but it reminds me of Snob...she swatched Snob and Cyndi side and side and she even agree they were similar with diff finishes. GaGa was pretty sheer and creamy where as SNOB is a satin...I believe.

fabbygurl21

I bought both Gaga and Cyndi, and like Iadorepretty said don't have a heavy hand when putting on Gaga. I am NW50(for reference) and when I put my lip liner and gloss on Gaga looks really nice with my complexion. I'm still testing out Cyndi, but so far Gaga is my fav!

ohsoshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbygurl21
I bought both Gaga and Cyndi, and like Iadorepretty said don't have a heavy hand when putting on Gaga. I am NW50(for reference) and when I put my lip liner and gloss on Gaga looks really nice with my complexion. I'm still testing out Cyndi, but so far Gaga is my fav!

What liner/gloss did you use? I keep going back and forth about buying this.

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Gaga just became a little more tolerable for me, I layered a little Riveting l/s over it.

that sounds like a nice combo...gonna have to try it