Wayne Goss Brush Collection

MissTT

I received a brush restock notice yesterday. I realized I still haven't tried the two smallest brushes - lip and push liner. Does anyone know when the bigger brush is coming out? I've really been enjoying the softness of the current powder brush and use it every day now. It even worked really well for blush when I went out of town and forgot my blush brush. I'm excited to have something bigger for my full face.
*I've noticed in this short time that the name is already rubbing off the brush. I really didn't want to have to put nail polish on these. Grrr.

sarabeautime

Face Brush is now available at Love-makeup for the ones outside of US. They also restocked the other brushes and the brush set: http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/wayne-goss-m-106.html I ordered the face brush, because it didn't looked like the ones I have this one is more pointy and not flat like my Hakuhodo one or Chanel one, so I am excited to try this out and let you know ;-)

MissTT

Oh my! It's limited edition and double the price of the other powder brush. $81 USD is giving me pause...

shellygrrl

Staff member
I just sent them a tweet; I'll see what they say. *pause, cue Jeopardy! think music* EDIT: December for the US! :) https://twitter.com/beautylish/status/406270943573471233

boschicka

Oh my! It's limited edition and double the price of the other powder brush. $81 USD is giving me pause...
esp since it looks like the MUFE blush brush for $44!

http://www.sephora.com/160-blush-brush-P382409?skuId=1536317

or

http://www.sephora.com/pro-precision-powder-brush-59-P313006?skuId=1419340

MissTT

Yes, but the MUFE brush is synthetic and I'd be surprised if the bristles were as soft as the WG. My Goss brushes are the best on my skin. Very silky feeling. I wish our MUFE brushes weren't glued to the display so I could try them out. All I can do is stroke them. Such a beautiful line.

VAL4M

Ok a read all the comments posted here and i still have some question concerning #4 how does it compare to MAC 226??? Anyone?
I'm still searching high and low for a dupe and i was wondering if it might be a winner. By the way I just purchase #2 (face brush) and love it! really nice quality, super soft and a real work horse it can be used for a lot of things!

shellygrrl

Staff member
The big LE powder brush arrives on Beautylish on the 12th, US peeps! :)
Ok a read all the comments posted here and i still have some question concerning #4 how does it compare to MAC 226??? Anyone?
The 226 that launched with Blonde Brunette Redhead is a bit different to the ones that shipped with the MAC Me Over collection over a year ago. (I say "ones" because it seems to me all of us who bought the MMO release of it got a somewhat different variation of it.) The BBR one is pointier, more tapered. My 226 from MMO has somewhat of a taper, but no real point. WG #4 is much pointier and more tapered than the 226 I have. That said, I think BBR's 226 wasn't as chunky (if that makes sense?) before the taper? Also, Goss's brushes have shorter handles. There are several other dupes for/similar-shaped brushes to the 226 out there: e.g., Sigma E45, Louise Young LY38, Stila #9, some in Hakuhodo's range.

boschicka

Yes, but the MUFE brush is synthetic and I'd be surprised if the bristles were as soft as the WG. My Goss brushes are the best on my skin. Very silky feeling. I wish our MUFE brushes weren't glued to the display so I could try them out. All I can do is stroke them. Such a beautiful line.
I guess I was just expecting it to be more earth-shattering and groundbreaking based on the way Wayne was describing it. Like nothing I've ever seen before. But I do have to agree that these are amazing brushes. Who am I kidding? I'm sure I'll end up buying the holiday brush too.

MissTT

I asked to receive the brush for Christmas, but when I told my guy the EU price he
icon_eek.gif
. Then I told him the brush would last me for at least 10 years and I'd use it almost daily. I then calculated the cost per use and he was much more agreeable.
sneaky.gif

sarabeautime

I just reviewed the christmas brush that I was testing for a week now, it might be interesting for those who are considering to invest in it:

http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/12/wayne-goss-limited-edition-christmas.html

If someone else tried it out, let me know how you find a huge round pointy brush :)

MissTT

Thank you, Sara. Do you happen to know how much Beautylish will be selling this brush for?

MissTT

Thanks for your input. I will be getting this brush for Christmas. I have to buy it myself because I'm afraid it will sell out and my partner will not get to the website in time. He's not really a stalker like us. That will be the second gift he's told me to purchase and he'll pay me back. He claims I'm difficult to shop for.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I'm a little annoyed because my #2 brush only says 'Goss' on it. The 'Wayne' has completely rubbed off. I didn't realize I was using it so much. I also wasn't aware I was gripping it so close to the end. I don't really hold my brushes that way as much as I try. I'll need to put nail polish on the rest of them I guess.

MissTT

Quote: Originally Posted by shellygrrl
The big LE powder brush arrives on Beautylish on the 12th, US peeps!
smiles.gif

I've had my eye out for this brush. Did I miss the launch? I noticed comments were disabled for the video of this brush. Makes me think there was some kind of problem.

boschicka

I've had my eye out for this brush. Did I miss the launch? I noticed comments were disabled for the video of this brush. Makes me think there was some kind of problem.
I've been going through the same thing. I finally gave up watching for it today. Thanks for posting the link!!!

shellygrrl

Staff member
He probably turned them off to avoid all the usual “where can I buy it?” comments when all the information is in the video’s description box.