Wayne Goss Brush Collection

MissTT

Bogus! They are offering $10 off for new customers only. I had to logout and am now trying to call my guy for his CC info. Why should I pay an extra $10 for being loyal?

MissTT

I got the brush ordered. I hope it's worth. I just wanted it to complete my collection. I probably should have picked up a Hakuhodo face brush instead. Are they having a holiday set this year?

boschicka

I believe I saw one post in the early fall about a holiday set with pink handles but haven't seen anything since. Got my Holiday Brush today. It shed while washing it. None of the ones from the set did that. Not a big deal. Just something I noticed. It's drying now. Can't wait to try it!

MissTT

I rec'd the Holiday brush for my birthday and used it for the first time yesterday. I have to say the brush is not as soft as his Brush #2. I'm disappointed and would not have paid this much for the brush. It's even got a touch of scratchiness. Not like my NARS Yachiyo brush which hurts my face, but it just doesn't feel like the #2 brush at all. For that price...

eta: I just saw several Youtube reviews saying the same thing. One woman said Brush #2 is squirrel and the Holiday brush is goat hair. Wayne was saying the brushes were the same initially. What a ripoff. I'm new to shopping with Beautylish. Hopefully I'm not too lazy this week. If I can get motivated i think I will be returning.

I also recently tried the lip brush for a lip tar and hated it. It just does not work well with that formula. I haven't tried it with tube lipstick as I just don't reach for a lip brush ever.

Never2Much

I rec'd the Holiday brush for my birthday and used it for the first time yesterday. I have to say the brush is not as soft as his Brush #2. I'm disappointed and would not have paid this much for the brush. It's even got a touch of scratchiness. Not like my NARS Yachiyo brush which hurts my face, but it just doesn't feel like the #2 brush at all. For that price...

eta: I just saw several Youtube reviews saying the same thing. One woman said Brush #2 is squirrel and the Holiday brush is goat hair. Wayne was saying the brushes were the same initially. What a ripoff. I'm new to shopping with Beautylish. Hopefully I'm not too lazy this week. If I can get motivated i think I will be returning.

I also recently tried the lip brush for a lip tar and hated it. It just does not work well with that formula. I haven't tried it with tube lipstick as I just don't reach for a lip brush ever.
WOW!! My first post here, and I just wanted to thank you all for this great thread. I had the Holiday Brush in my cart all day, went to complete my order, then thought, do I really have the "need" for another brush??? Although, I can always find a reason to purchase another MU brush, do I really need one for $85?? Then I thought, ok, let me just settle for #4, OH NO, its sold out
amazed.gif
?? Huge size, closed the computer for the day!!
sigh.gif

This whole brush thing just ate at me all day!! The good angel on one shoulder saying, you really don't need it. The bad angel on the other saying, oh heck, what's one more, just get it . So tonight I thought I would try and find more reviews and stumbled upon this forum. Thank you thank you thank you for convincing me, I really don't need this $85 Holiday Brush.............I will patiently wait for #4 to be re stocked!! I would be so disappointed if I purchased the Holiday Brush and it didn't live up to my expectations once it arrived. Because like you Miss TT, I am not the best at returning stuff. But I thank you for your honest opinion here!

janette9687

I would have def recommened you the hakuhodo B103 or S103 but you know me im biased. I have the B103 ($72) and i know its goat hair but its still so osft, theres a J103 ($84) too with no dye in the bristles, for $85 i would have gone with the S103 ($93)

thats prob the main reason i haent ordered his collection i love it but i have very similar brushes from hakuhodo already. I have the mac 138 and it has the same shape as the hakuhodo, im sorry you were disappointed

THe only holiday gift set i saw in Tokyo is a small 3 brushe set, one was a face brush, one was the J5523, an the other was either a liner or lip brush or small shadow, they had black handles an rose gold fertles, beautiful

LC Balthazar

I would have def recommened you the hakuhodo B103 or S103 but you know me im biased. I have the B103 ($72) and i know its goat hair but its still so osft, theres a J103 ($84)  too with no dye in the bristles, for $85 i would have gone with the S103 ($93) thats prob the main reason i haent ordered his collection i love it but i have very similar brushes from hakuhodo already. I have the mac 138 and it has the same shape as the hakuhodo, im sorry you were disappointed THe only holiday gift set i saw in Tokyo is a small 3 brushe set, one was a face brush, one was the J5523, an the other was either a liner or lip brush or small shadow, they had black handles an rose gold fertles, beautiful 
I'm with Janette, I'm sticking to my hakuhodo brushes!

mosha010

Me three. Hakuhodo all te way. Thank god I wasn't tempted by WG. I love the dude but I don't know if I'm paying so much for brushes I haven't seen or tried myself...

Never2Much

I've taken inventory of my brushes and I'm going to guess the Bobbi Brown powder brush I have is similar in dimensions to the WG Holiday brush?? Anyone have both of these??

I really don't have the use for another brush, just saw the Holiday brush and thought it was a "must have", glad I've read your reviews
thmbup.gif

MissTT

Have yet to place a Hakuhodo order. To be honest there's only about one brush I need to add to my collection right now. As far as wants I'd like a nice bronzer brush for my Guerlain Terracotta powder and now that I've been teased w/ a large powder brush I'd really like to get one I'm in love with. I've used the WG Holiday a few more times and it's not terrible it's just not really that great for the price. It was a gift so I suppose I could keep it, but my guy went a little overboard for Christmas and my bday so I'd actually feel good about saving him some money.

novocainedreams

Question about the foundation brush- I use mineral foundation, would you guys think it would work for that type? I like smaller brushes so it appeals to me, but am wondering if anyone has used it for powders or minerals? Or is there another brush by Hakuhodo that would work better? I am considering getting the WG set but would like some opinions from others on if they are work it? Thanks. :)

boschicka

Have yet to place a Hakuhodo order. To be honest there's only about one brush I need to add to my collection right now. As far as wants I'd like a nice bronzer brush for my Guerlain Terracotta powder and now that I've been teased w/ a large powder brush I'd really like to get one I'm in love with. I've used the WG Holiday a few more times and it's not terrible it's just not really that great for the price. It was a gift so I suppose I could keep it, but my guy went a little overboard for Christmas and my bday so I'd actually feel good about saving him some money.
Do you own any Tom Ford brushes? I hear they are made by Hakuhodo. I think Hakuhodo has a rough return policy, so if you bought a Tom Ford brush instead and didn't like it, you could return it. Of course, you would have less of a selection.
Did you return the WG Holiday brush? I've kept mine b/c I'm lazy, but it was definitely a disappointment. It seems soft on the front end, but when I use it, I get that pin-prick feeling all over my face. I'll figure out a less painful use for it.

shellygrrl

Staff member
New Goss brushes are coming out soon(ish) -- a face set this month, and an eye set next month http://www.beautylish.com/b/wayne-goss/the-face-set-lookbook http://www.beautylish.com/b/wayne-goss/the-eye-set-lookbook And those of you who were hoping Wayne would add a lay-down brush to his collection will, I think, be very happy to see not one, but TWO, in the eye set! :cheer:

janette9687

And those of you who were hoping Wayne would add a lay-down brush to his collection will, I think, be very happy to see not one, but TWO, in the eye set!
cheerleader.gif
i wanna try some of these out but once they are sold seperately i have enough hakuhodos to splurge on another set, but i do love the look of the eye brushes because i have ver few lay down brushes :)