what are your views on cosmetic surgery?

astronaut

Well, I've always wanted to get my eyes done. And for the past 2 years, I've felt more strongly about getting surgery done and I'm determined to get the procedure done next year; I can't wait. All my life people have commented that I always look mean and I finally realized that it might be because of my eyes. They are tiny and give a very unfriendly appearance.

I feel like a prisonor in my own body. I hate my eyes so much that I can't even leave my house without eye makeup. Or else, I wear sunglasses to hide them. The last time I was out without makeup, I was at Walmart walking around inside with sunglasses on and I felt like a total wierdo
ssad.gif
It's one thing to like wearing makeup, and another to be dependant on it. People say that makeup can't make that much of a difference but in my case it does! Some friends who were fortunate enough to see me without makeup will be nice and say "Wow... you look totally different without makeup on..." but I know what they are thinking inside...

I think it's like an identity crisis or something as well. Like when I have the makeup on that makes my eyes look bigger, I feel confident and people are drawn to me, and I get attention. But when I don't have the eye makeup on, I'm not just average, I'm at the bottem. I'm an absolute no body, another ugly duckling, like I don't even exist. That's a big change for someone and I feel like I'm living two different lives and a lie because I look like a completely different person without my eye makeup. People wouldn't even recognize me.

So yeah, my eyes bother me big time and I've cried so much over them. I won't be fully happy until I get the procedure done because they will always bother me if I don't. Everything else about me I am happy about, it's just my eyes...

Stylishchica319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaim
I think if it's something that really bothers you, then fix it!

I have such huge issues with my nose, so I'd probably opt to change that since it's been a problem all my life. I was teased a great deal and I would like my appearance a lot more with a slightly altered nose.

That is pretty much exactly what I was going to say...I've wanted a nose job since I was a kid...nothing drastic...just my nose...but smaller...I was never teased for it, but it has always bothered me. BUT I think if someone is using plastic surgery to "fix" all of their problems...most of which are not physical...then that is a huge problem.

lovejam

Personally, I doubt I'd get it done, but I don't care who else does it. It's not for me to judge whether or not a person "needs" it. It's for the person themselves to judge that.

Although I'd actually love to get a breast reduction, but that's mainly because of the back pain these giant things cause.
cry.gif

dollbabybex

i got the date of my boobjob... its 24th august!

not too long, but to think it shouldve been today
ssad.gif

anyway at least ive got a date to look forward to

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
i got the date of my boobjob... its 24th august!

On my birthday!
lol.gif

dollbabybex

im having silicone gel as its really strong....

if you cut them in half its like a jelly sweet, it doesnt leak!

im having the round ones too as tear drop can turn upside down and make your boobs a funny shape!
smiles.gif

my mum wanted me to have saline,

but saline are in a silicone casing anyway so it doesnt make any difference
smiles.gif

oooh i loved cosmetic surgery live by the way Quandolak!!

ah im sooo excited...

im sure 2 months will fly by x

Jessica

Plastic surgery is definately a personal decision. I recently (Dec 2005) had breast augmentation. I went from a 32B to a 32D and they look very natural on my frame. It was not an easy decision to make. Going under the knife carries with it certain implications and potential complications. An elective surgery should never be made light heartedly.

I do not regret getting my boobs done at all! I am very pleased with the results that my surgeon was able to achieve. I did it because it was something that I wanted to do for myself. My husband was very supportive of whatever decision I made, and simply wanted me to be happy with my choice.

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Going under the knife carries with it certain implications and potential complications. An elective surgery should never be made light heartedly.

I could not agree more. I had cosmetic dental surgery and I am thrilled with the resutls.

Jessicas raises the most paramount issue with elective surgeries: it is important to consider the complications that can arrise from any cosmetic procedure.

I would and most likely will have other costmetic procedures in the future, but not without great consideration each and every time.
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pei
I have no "objections" nor despise anyone with CS.

However, the outcome shld be pleasing to the eyes.

I'm particularly disgusted by CS went wrong such as "surprised look" & unnatural swollen lips.

I agree with u on that one Pei
smiles.gif
What disgust me is when a Small framed Girl gets double D's put in and ends up looking like she has 2 head attached to her chest... Not Cute
ssad.gif
what so ever)

My self personally, if i had th emoney i would.. Get my boobs inflated back b/c they seem to have deflated after having my kids. But knowing my luck i would get my implants in and something goes wrong and ill end up having to take them out.

star1692

I'm seriously considering having augmentation done and have talked to one Ps. I just dont know how big to go or if it will look good on me?

Lady_MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey
I'm all for a breast lift w/ implants AFTER I have all my kids.

This is what I am doing next summer, along with a tummy tuck. I am not having another child, I'm good with one, and old foster children in the future.

I hate my mommy tummy! It's not a matter of fat, I'm a size 1..it's excess skin that just hangs there. :crap:

Sooo, I'm pro surgery, as long as it doesn't become an addiction like we've all seen on Oprah.

lovejam

Quote:
Originally Posted by star1692
I'm seriously considering having augmentation done and have talked to one Ps. I just dont know how big to go or if it will look good on me?

I'd say it depends on your frame, and what size your breasts are to begin with. I think it looks best not to go more than one or two cup sizes above your natural.