what are your views on cosmetic surgery?

Ms. Z

cosmetic surgery

I see nothing wrong with it, unless you are trying to look like someone else (for example a celebrity). If I had the $ I'd get a few things done; and if I came into millions, I'd offer to pay for the surgery of some of those who have told me they want a particular thing done. Heck, if I came into millions, I'll tell you what you need done.

I know a few people who have had something done; unfortunately it wasn’t one of those who needed it the most. I know two women that are upset they don't have a butt (one of them actually cries), one who is less than an A cup (she has expressed wanting to buy herself some breast) & has a full dark hair mustache (yes, she walks around like that, AUGH!!!!!!), a couple who need leg vein treatment (like me) and several who need permanent body hair removal (woman & men, including myself).

user79

Well I hate to rain on the parade, but I for one am really AGAINST plastic surgery. I have this whole reasoning for it but I would be sitting here for an hour exactly explaining why I feel this way, but in short is that we as women are getting ever more objectified in society and "taught" to look a certain way. Not only that, but women perpetuate these stereotypes for undergoing elective surgery to increase their breast size, change their nose, etc.

I know everyone says "I'm doing it for me" but when you look a little deeper, this is so false. People do it to look better to the outside world. I mean if you were stuck on a deserted island, would you still feel the need to have surgery? Probably not. We do it to look a certain way because it supposedly changes how people see us.

I think it's really sad when young and beautiful ladies have their boobs done, for example. First of all, I think it just looks so fake and not very pleasing to my eyes, and why would you do it at such a young and supple age? Is there really a need? Maybe there is a better way to combat these insecurities than going under the knife...

I hate my nose, for one, but I would never get it changed. This is what I look like, and if people judge me for the way my nose looks (which they probably don't anyway) then that's their problem.