What colors will bring out your brown eyes?

erica_1020

Re: What's a good everyday all over eye color for NC40 when you're in a rush?

I am NC45 I would say Amberlights or Sable

MissAlphaKitty

I wear MAC woodwinked to the crease and blend out from crease up with mineral powder foundation

kaexbabey

i'm an nc40 and sometimes in a rush, i either just wear bare study paintpot thinly all over (especially the inner corners) to brighten up my eyes or melon or your ladyship pigment.

lipshock

I would say Era or Soba. :]

esmeralda89

im nc40 and i really like barestudy paintpot, it stays on all day and it looks really pretty

kattybadatty

I'm NC40 - I wear amber lights when I'm in a rush and don't feel like doing much
smiles.gif

choozen1ne

I'm NC-40 and i like Sable or Bronze

Ziya

I like a really thing layer of Soft Ochre paint pot for au natural days
greengrin.gif
I'm a NC 40-43 and the yellow undertone really makes it blend right in and brightens my whole eye area without looking unnatural!

DigitalAngel

Eyeshadow for brown eyes w/pale skin & dark circles?

I am somewhat of a make-up newbie with medium brown hair, medium brown eyes, and super pale skin with cool tones (my goth friends back in high school many years ago always said they were jealous of my skin). I also have naturally rosy-red cheeks and (ugh) dark circles under my eyes.

So, I just don't know what eyeshadow colors to go for. I've always used browns, but I'm getting bored. I've been recommended blues and greens on the live chat, but they seem to bring out my dark circles. And some of the purples I've tried do the same thing.

I'm just clueless when it comes to matching colors to my skin tone/eye color. Please, HELP!

kimmy

Re: Eyeshadow for brown eyes w/pale skin & dark circles?

are you comfortable wearing concealor to tone down your dark circles?

you could go with something like a soft pink. but, honestly, anything you put on your eyes is going to draw attention to them which will always make the dark circles just that much more noticeable...

DigitalAngel

Yeah, I wear concealer under my eyes, which helps a LOT! I also use a powder primer under the eyeshadow. Softer peachy pinks seem to work ok. I'm just wanting to have a little more fun with it. Maybe I'll try more pinks.

I tried a light lime green with an army green on just the crease and outside of the eye last night, and it actually came out really nice. Almost looked gold on my skin tone. I had only used dark greens before, and they just made my eyes sink away.

Would silvery grays look alright? I've heard that's a good color too.

purrtykitty

If you continue to have trouble with dark circles, try using a correcting concealor to combat them. I use an apricot colored primer and green colored primer (MUFE HD #1 and #6) as bases for my reddish-purple circles, since those colors are opposite red and purple on the color wheel. Using colored primers have really helped me camouflage my circles, plus I avoid the concealor caking!

Now onto shadow suggestions...I think purple shadow is always flattering - it's my fave. Green sounds like it would also be a gorgeous color on you, especially if you have naturally rosy coloring. And I find that bronze is fantastic for a daytime dramatic look. Have fun!

ana karolina

i would buy a good concealer if i was you,i love any concealer from m.a.c and then for eye shadow go for cool shimery tones like light browns and vanilla or creme.also if you like eyeliner,wear it in brown not black as it will acentuate youre dark circles and buy a good bronzer made for pale skins,i love nars bronzers but i have olive skin tone so i don't know how they work for pale skin.hope i helped
smiles.gif

MissMochaXOXO

try shimmery vanilla's and beigey pinks! a shimmery pale mint green should distract from the circles! avoid dark or matte shades. a light shade like nylon on ur inner corners will brighten up ur eyes

minakokanmuri

Everyday Eyeliner Colour for Asian Dark Brown Eyes

Hey all!! I'm asian with dark brown, practically black (you can hardly see my pupil...) eyes. I usually wear dark brown eyeliner everyday...but that kinda makes my eyes look blah. I'm looking for a colour that would make my eyes sorta pop (is that possible for my eye colour?) but is still okay for everyday use. So no bright blues, lol. If you can recommend a specific eyeliner, that would be great. Thanks sooo much for all your help.
smiles.gif

Latest posts