What colors will bring out your brown eyes?

Sushi.

Re: Brown Eyes Help

I have very dark brown eyes and dark brown hair, and my skin is NC15 and ive always found more browns and goldy bronzes really make my eyes stand out. Also greens work really too.

nunu

Definately try purples!
Satalite dreams, parfait amour, fig 1 etc.

vocaltest

If I get stuck on what colours to compliment my eyes I always use a colour wheel:

Real_Color_Wheel_475.jpg

Although I don't have brown eyes (I have green) you can see that opposite brown is purples and purples that are more on the blue side, hope that helps
smiles.gif
Earthy red colours would be lovely too... pigments like heritage rouge, sweet chestnut eyeshadow etc

daniellefc

I have brown eyes too and definitley purples & golds but also try greens. Those are actually my favorite colors to use. Sumptious Olive is beautiful!

Lyssah

^^ agree. I'm NW15, Brown Eyes, Brown hair. Purple works, but I find Greens, Golds/Bronzes and Blues look awesome. Oh, and Orange!! Auto Orange liquid last liner looks amazing!!

melliquor

Thanks everybody for the help. I will try and start using more purples and see what I think.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefc
I have brown eyes too and definitley purples & golds but also try greens. Those are actually my favorite colors to use. Sumptious Olive is beautiful!

I was going to say the samer thing - green is gorgeous and its the only colour that I consistently get compliments using. Golden Olive is what I use preferentially with Green (frost) pigment, and these colours are always a good look for me. I usually pair them with a coral lippie like Ramblin Rose and Fleurry Blush, but the soft pinks, all the nudes, and even some of the dark reds can be worn with this as well and they work!

I like Blues as well, but with my dark brown eyes pale blues dont work for me - they look horrible in fact. Darker blues like Naval Blue, Blue Storm, Bell Bottom Blue, Meet The Fleet, etc etc are great though!! I usually go for soft pink blush and lips, or nude lips.

Purples are lovely - but again its the darker colours that work best for me. Deep Purple is a winner!!! So is Cassette from the Heatherette trio!! I do wear Circa Plum, Smudged Violet and Lovely lily equally as well though. Lightfall is the best highlighter in this colour spectrum that I have ever owned!!
Violet and Viz-a-Violet both made me look like a clown though and were subsequently dumped from my stash
th_LMAO.gif

Maroons and reds are the bomb for dark brown eyes!!! Try Maroon or Heritage Rouge, but Sweet Chestnut/Cranberry are just as nice!! I usually use a black as well with these colours, generally Dark Soul which actually goes on quite black over the Maroon, or Carbon. Nude lips or super pale pinks with these colours for me
thmbup.gif

Golds & yellows are good too - but for me never just in that range. I always use a black with these as well just like above!

Enchantedcameo

I have Dark Brown eyes and hair and I have NC30 skin. As mentioned above purples, greens and browns are my favorite colors to use and golds! Also I find that when I line my waterline with black eyeliner it makes the black ring around my eyes blend some so the brown really sticks out.
thmbup.gif

ladyJ

Brown eyes can rock any color IMO. I have brown eyes, dark brown hair, NC30 skin and I like to use greens, blues, and purples to make my eyes pop.

Greens- Humid, swimming, Aquadisiac
Blues- Electric eel (LOVEEEE), Sea & sky
Purples- Nocturnelle, Beautiful iris, Parfait amour

GlamYOURUs

Brown eyes are special b/c most colors look good on them.

But the ones that stand out are far from earthy.

Blues/Teals
Greens/Emeralds
Purple/Lilac
Gold/Bronze
Silver/Taupe

are standouts for me.

missfaithy

The following colors seem to help me out from time to time:

Golds, muted teals, greens, purples & bronzed browns.

Good luck!
th_DANCE.gif

enigma

I agree, I have brown eyes, brown hair and am NW30, I love purples, greens, golds, browns and blues.
smiles.gif

CatsMeow

I'm NC20 Brown-eyed Black Hair (from a bottle LOL)... and I HIGHLY recommend BLUES!

Dark blues, like Prussian, make my brown eyes pop.
Otherwise, like everyone else has mentioned, greens and purples are fab too.

kittykit

I'm NC35, brown eyes, dark hair and my palettes contain lots of green/blue/purple/gold/teal!
greengrin.gif

ri0tdorque

Re: Tips/Recs for making small eyes look bigger?

Well this may sound silly but I went to my little Asian Market and picked up these cool little things that go into your crease and make your lid a bit higher I LOVE them I have small eyes too and it helps a lot for me.

blinkymei

Teal Eyeshadow Combo for Brown Eyed Asian NC25 Help

I have the hardest time creating teal eyes for my eyes with my NC25 skin and brown eyes, please help me figure out an eyeshadow combo using only 3 eyeshadows from MAC or MUFE preferably from the perm lines.

Latest posts