What colors will bring out your brown eyes?

gigiopolis

Re: Everyday Eyeliner Colour for Asian Dark Brown Eyes

I think us brown-eyed ladies sometimes lament over having boring blah eyes (I know I do...), but really, we have it lucky. We can pretty much use ANY eyeliner colour and it'll look great! But if you're looking to make your eye color pop a bit more, definitely using some contrasting colours is a good idea.

Try some deep forest greens, rich plums, navy blues...they add colour without being too bright so it's still good for everyday. I also like to use neutral colours like browns, olive greens, etc, in a metallic finish to add a bit of interest. For that I love the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils, they offer a few neutral colours that have a bit of a metallic finish.

sambibabe

Ditto UD24/7 pencils.. Or MAC Pearlglides are pretty too! Wolf is grey with subtle shimmer, which is great for smokey look. Rave (purple), Fly by Blu (light blue), Bankroll(green) and Spare Change (copper) are all gorgeous and you can wear them everyday, since they are not as bright as UD 24/7. I also love Rich Ground fluidline, which is a shimmery copper brown.

Beauty Mark

I wear Macroviolet fluidline. I think it's subtle but pretty. I also do Rich Copper fluidline. It stands out a bit more but is still subtle and not too out there.

Really, any metallic would look good.

rachybloom

Re: Tips/Recs for making small eyes look bigger?

line your lower waterline with a pale nude, creamy white/pink, or white eye pencil.. a common trick that seriously opens your eyes up

a shimmery white color in the inner v (MAC Vanilla pigment)

a matte or shimmery white color on the brow bone (MAC Vanilla pigment again.. or MAC Vanilla eyeshadow if you have a fair complexion)

avoid heavy, dark colors all over your eye, which tends to close your eyes up.

well groomed brows do wonders too.

and of course.. mascara! One that is volumizing and lengthening will do the best job.

these are all pretty standard tricks.. I haven't heard of anything else but these do work well

Mahriane

eyeshadows for brown eyes

What eyeshadow colors go well with brown eyes? I've always wanted to know. Like reds go well with green eyes for example. I know that it shouldn't be a big deal..that i should wear whatever color i like and all but i always pick 'safe colors' and it gets boring i'd like to wear something different :)

Mahriane

Help! the best eyeshadow for brown eyes

What are the best color options for brown eyes? Bright yellow, red or green would look weird? Idk i have brown eyes and i'm kinda 'afraid' to wear such bright colors like that so i always end up wearing plain and 'safe' colors like black, grey and brown. I know that's silly because you should wear whatever color you want but i'd really like to know your opinion. I mean the best color to acentuate the eyecolor..like shades of 'red-ish' brown acentuate green eyes etc..

darkorchid

Re: Help! the best eyeshadow for brown eyes

I have brown eyes and I find adding a little pink to a neutral look really looks nice. Purple and blue are also big ones for brown eyes, with purple being much easier to use I think - blues can be difficult to make look right.

Golds would be gorgeous, as well as deep greens, like an emerald or forest green.

HTH!

Lyssah

I have brown eyes and brown hair - and am very fair - My eyes always get complimented on where I wear a bright yellow on the inner lid, a bright green on the mid lid, a bright blue on the outer lid and a deeper colour in the crease. It just makes my eyes pop madly!

Bright purples also work... Oranges, Golds, and I got so many compliments on wearing rule and cranberry with passionate - It again made my eyes just the best shade of brown.

I think brown eyed girls (and guys) are lucky we can rock almost any colour - greens and blues also make my eyes look a really nice brown!

ladyJ

Brown eyes can rock any color IMO. I wear every which color and it seems to look fine. Just play around with several different colors. If you want to go neutral wear browns, you want to go crazy then try purples, blues, greens, and pinks!

hawaii02

My SD has brown eyes. I did a look on her using Swimming (the lid), Paradisco and Ricepaper and she got compliments. Greens are my favorite on brown eyes
smiles.gif

Tinnsla

I like purples and greens a lot!!
smiles.gif

For greens i especially love Golden Olive Pigment with a matte deep green (like Femme Noir e/s) in the outer corner/crease.

Purples are so versatile, you can do bright like Violet Pigment or more plum like Sketch e/s or Trax e/s (I also like Sable e/s, it´s more brown/plum/bronze)

I really think blue makes brown eyes pop, but I find it hard to wear blue e/s (don´t know why, feel selfconcious...), but I have found that wearing blue as a liner, either on my upper or lower lashline (not both at once though) is really pretty (I like using a blue kohl, and then Naval Blue Pigment on top)

cetati

Greens and purples really bring my eyes out beautifully.

Purples: Mauvement pigment, Estee Lauder has a great plum quad that's amazing. Paired with some carbon to darken it is amazing and dramatic.
Greens: Vintage Gold pigment, Spiritualize pigment, Moss Scape p/p is beautiful with anything..

I also love Dior's Twilight quint eyeshadow palette though I swear I haven't seen any skin tone or eye color that DOESN'T work with this palette if applied correctly according to each skin tone type.

melliquor

Brown Eyes Help

I can never seem to make my eyes pop and don't know what is the best colours to use. Can you make some recommendations of what is the best colours to use for my dark brown eyes, NC20 skin, and dark brown hair? Also, if you have suggestions of colours that don't look good on me, please let me know as well.

I am clueless when in comes to eyeshadow colours and what to match with what.

mamapie

Re: Brown Eyes Help

I too am a NC20 with dark brown hair and brown eyes, I find purple eyeshadow, even just a thin line really makes my eyes pop.

enigmaticpheo

Re: Brown Eyes Help

^Agreed on purples! I have goldish mahogany eyes and purple is AMAZING. Golds and browns are good as well. To be honest, brown eyes are so versatile, there really isn't any one color I find to be "off limits". So long as you apply it well, it'll look hot!
smiles.gif

Latest posts