WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU REGRET PURCHASING?

mosha010

Makeup: tarte BB. I know people speak wonders about it but it gave me the worse breakout in my life. Ever. Everywhere. I had to go to a dermatologist who said some types of SPF cause reactions on some people.... Hair: manic panic electric violet... It just made my hair look gray. Lol. -Emma

trina11225

-YSL lipstick, its in an hot pink color. I spent 30 bucks on something I have put on once. I'm sure I have multiple dupes of this color.
-MAC Heavenly Creature MES...I tried I just don't like them like my Naturally.

Just lipsticks in general I'm sure I have every color under the skin yet I keep adding to the collection.
I agree, maybe I should have never gotten started.

Richelle83

YSL lippies have a weird scent/taste. I've used the two I have twice.

The crushed metal pigments are an easy fix. Just dump alcohol in the containers they are in, use a tooth pick to get all the lumps out. Leave them open for about a day and they'll be hard like you pressed them. Watching a youtube video on pressing MAC pigments will give you an idea on how much alcohol to put in the containers.

trina11225

maybe my inglot blue, but then I was trying something new. I just put purple on top to give it a blue violet look

LiliV

The crushed metal pigments are an easy fix. Just dump alcohol in the containers they are in, use a tooth pick to get all the lumps out. Leave them open for about a day and they'll be hard like you pressed them. Watching a youtube video on pressing MAC pigments will give you an idea on how much alcohol to put in the containers.
I did this with my Surf Baby ones a while ago. Dry they just would never stick to my brush, they were such a mess! Pressed they're almost like a cream, SO much easier to work with and just pat over the lid

Delial

Mac Watch Me Simmer lipstick - I have never been able to make this lipstick work on me. I can even make St Germain work!

Most Benefit products I have found to be a waste of money because they are too harsh on my skin/lips, don't have good colour payoff for my skin tone and are not as good as other brands (considering the price tag)!

singer82

Beauty lipstick from glamour daze! No matter what I did it just looked horrid on me! And Gaga 2. Which sucks cause I have two of them.

NewChick10

All of the lipsticks that I don’t care for that much I depot them and put them in the clear small singles jars. It allows you way more storage room. It is crazy one lipstick does not even fill the jar up halfway. Plus I write down the brand name, color and date on a round sticker and stick it on top. This way those are out of the way and not taking up space from the lipsticks I love and want quick access to. Mac Saint Germain – fell in to the hype of it and I hate it. Mac Naughty Sauté – thought I would like it but there is nothing special about it. Mac Betty Bright – its okay, the only way I can use and make it look okay is by dabbing it on. Mac Ablaze - its okay, the only way I can use and make it look okay is by dabbing it on.

mosha010

All of the lipsticks that I don’t care for that much I depot them and put them in the clear small singles jars. It allows you way more storage room. It is crazy one lipstick does not even fill the jar up halfway. Plus I write down the brand name, color and date on a round sticker and stick it on top. This way those are out of the way and not taking up space from the lipsticks I love and want quick access to.Mac Saint Germain – fell in to the hype of it and I hate it.Mac Naughty Sauté – thought I would like it but there is nothing special about it.Mac Betty Bright – its okay, the only way I can use and make it look okay is by dabbing it on.Mac Ablaze - its okay, the only way I can use and make it look okay is by dabbing it on.
Oh those pots are cute! That's a great idea !! Lol Ive only started depotting this year... And gonna look these lippy pots online! -Emma

alle685

MAC Skin Care products...I love their cosmetics but their skin care products are awful (in my humble opinion)...

DILLIGAF

Fix +... really what the blue blazes am I supposed to do with this? For setting make up I use the UD All Nighter. For foiling I use water. What really am I supposed to do with this. I've had the same bottle for the last 2 yrs. This may end up in my B2M bag.

mauu

I regret buying most of my MAC lipglasses and dazzleglasses, since they seemed to go bad quicker than my other lipglosses. From now on I'm definitely not going to own more than one or two MAC glosses at the same time so that I'll have time to finish them.
001_unsure.gif

ma146rina

Mac Watch Me Simmer lipstick - I have never been able to make this lipstick work on me. I can even make St Germain work!

Most Benefit products I have found to be a waste of money because they are too harsh on my skin/lips, don't have good colour payoff for my skin tone and are not as good as other brands (considering the price tag)!
i agree with both. Watch me simmer looks bad no matter what i've tried and Benefit products are def overrated.i have Coralista (poor pigmentation,pore emphasizing) Moon bean(i need to put a TON of product and it basically disappears after a while) Hoola bronzer (love the color but again not a great staying power) and a couple of creaseless cream eyeshadows who crease terribly even with a primer underneath.

SamanthaDeMuro

Stormm, that's funny you should say that. I gave into the hype and bought RiRi Boy. I've yet to receive it because it was on back order but should be getting it any day now. Thing is, I don't like lip products that are too slick either. I like a middle ground. I will say that I regret ever spending a dime on a YSL lipstick. All they are is fancy packaging.

And while I do like the Dolce and Gabbana lipsticks and nail polishes I've purchased, somehow my dumb arse ended up buying 3 of the same color. I love pinks and so I was shopping online and I guess over the course of several months, I ended up buying the color, Delicate, each time I bought one of their lip products. What a waste of money. But what are ya gonna do, right? Also, I REGRET BUYING the Chanel Glossimers. They go bad quicker than MAC lip glasses. But I love Chanel's lipsticks.

stormm

Stormm, that's funny you should say that. I gave into the hype and bought RiRi Boy. I've yet to receive it because it was on back order but should be getting it any day now. Thing is, I don't like lip products that are too slick either. I like a middle ground. I will say that I regret ever spending a dime on a YSL lipstick. All they are is fancy packaging.

And while I do like the Dolce and Gabbana lipsticks and nail polishes I've purchased, somehow my dumb arse ended up buying 3 of the same color. I love pinks and so I was shopping online and I guess over the course of several months, I ended up buying the color, Delicate, each time I bought one of their lip products. What a waste of money. But what are ya gonna do, right? Also, I REGRET BUYING the Chanel Glossimers. They go bad quicker than MAC lip glasses. But I love Chanel's lipsticks.
i also got a ysl lipstick recently and it's nothing special, but the packaging is sooo pretty :)

EllenAim

I did not know this, I hate it when lipstick is to dry, because I have such sensitive and dry lips :(

cocotears

I recently bought a Burberry lipstick that I really regret. I couldn't test it in the store, so I bought blindly online. I hate the smell and color is too light to even show up on my lips. FAIL. But I do love the packaging!