What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKosmetics
I'm not hating against skinny/thin girls, but I wish this whole obsession to be stick thin would go away =\

On that note, unrealistic expectations for girls' bodies in general. Stick thin with huge boobs are STILL seen as most desirable to guys imo, or "curves in just the right places"...bodies that are just impossible to achieve.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Leggings only look bad when you can see lips, imo.

I was drinking a cup of tea when I read that.

My beautiful G15 keyboard, ruined! (or at least temporarily damp)

OfficerJenny

Sorry, Lara :c

My g15 died on me for no reason a year ago
ssad.gif
I hope yours is alright!

Tahti

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
I'd never pay $500 for a bag, so I'd definitely carry a fake. Imagine how much MAC I could buy for $500?

LOL! I totally agree ;D

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_queen81
I forgot to add....Ed Hardy....i hate the Ed Hardy brand...ok i don't hate it, but hate the fact that most people have no clue who he is....I'm just so glad Sailor Jerry isn't around to see this
th_dunno.gif

Remember the Von Dutch craze? A girl I worked with thought he was a fashion designer. It just goes to show that there are some people/businesses who will cheapen the idea/meaning behind anything just to make a buck. Things just get run into the ground all the time. And then, even if you were sincerely into something, after everyone has fallen off the bandwagon, it becomes a cliche. With that said, I the designer behind Ed Hardy needs to back away from his Bedazzler.

Wear what you like, make it your own...in six months the masses will probably be all over it or it will be cast aside for the next stupid trend.

Pizzicata

This is kind of a fun thread. One trend that I am just not feeling is the trend in womens shoes from last season and earlier. It is a certain style of pump that is a shoot off a bootie, surely you've seen it, it looks like this
6901-884615-d.jpg
<- somewhat croc-like
To me, many shoes of this style (the above pic isn't even the best representation of what I am thinking of, this is a more extreme example) look really hoof-like and not pretty. I fully accept that I am just not being fashion forward in this case, and I respect others appreciations of this look. I am just glad that warmer weather will bring some new shoe trends.

TISH1124

I am sure all you Fashion Divas will die...However...I wore a Big T, flip flops, leggings and carried my Coach bag today......and I was all over the place and felt just great about myself...It was sunny and 80 degrees and I was incredibly comfy and casual!!
graucho.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzicata
This is kind of a fun thread. One trend that I am just not feeling is the trend in womens shoes from last season and earlier. It is a certain style of pump that is a shoot off a bootie, surely you've seen it, it looks like this
6901-884615-d.jpg
<- somewhat croc-like
To me, many shoes of this style (the above pic isn't even the best representation of what I am thinking of, this is a more extreme example) look really hoof-like and not pretty. I fully accept that I am just not being fashion forward in this case, and I respect others appreciations of this look. I am just glad that warmer weather will bring some new shoe trends.

LOVE LOVE those!!

chocolategoddes

Uh oh.... it seems like a trend is making a comeback. Ripped Jeans!
I remember it being in style around 2004-2006, then the more tailored, clean cut jean came back, and now it's back but even more shredded and ripped.

I was never a big fan of ripped jeans.
ssad.gif

TISH1124

I swear I must be the most non fashionista on the board...I will pull on a pair of ripped jeans in a heart beat and go to the store....and My friends all call me a Diva...I hope they are reading this thread!!!

OfficerJenny

I love ripped jeans, I just don't think it's very wise to pay 60+ on a pair of ripped jeans.

Go to a secondhand store, buy jeans for five bucks, rip them yourself 8D

BBJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Uh oh.... it seems like a trend is making a comeback. Ripped Jeans!
I remember it being in style around 2004-2006, then the more tailored, clean cut jean came back, and now it's back but even more shredded and ripped.

I was never a big fan of ripped jeans.
ssad.gif

I was never a ripped jean kind of girl either.
I especially hate when I see people with more rips than actual jean

makeup_queen81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Remember the Von Dutch craze? A girl I worked with thought he was a fashion designer. It just goes to show that there are some people/businesses who will cheapen the idea/meaning behind anything just to make a buck. Things just get run into the ground all the time. And then, even if you were sincerely into something, after everyone has fallen off the bandwagon, it becomes a cliche. With that said, I the designer behind Ed Hardy needs to back away from his Bedazzler.

Wear what you like, make it your own...in six months the masses will probably be all over it or it will be cast aside for the next stupid trend.

exactly!!!! Oh God i still can't believe what happened to the Von Dutch name...that was everything he stood against...

I could care less if people are wearing Ed Hardy, Von Dutch..etc...but please know who the person is at least...lol..it's whatever trends come and go, it just blows when i liked the person before and now the name is just ruined IMO

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_queen81
exactly!!!! Oh God i still can't believe what happened to the Von Dutch name...that was everything he stood against...

I could care less if people are wearing Ed Hardy, Von Dutch..etc...but please know who the person is at least...lol..it's whatever trends come and go, it just blows when i liked the person before and now the name is just ruined IMO

Absolutely!

Did you ever see the "Von Douche" shirts/hats? Ha ha ha

GlitterGeet

Quote:
I love ripped jeans, I just don't think it's very wise to pay 60+ on a pair of ripped jeans.

LMAO!!!! This reminds of when my brother wears a pair (apparently over a 100 bucks! WTF!?!?!?) and my dad will look at him and joke with a straight face "Awww it's okay, here's 20 bucks you can buy a real pair at Wal-mart" .

I was in tearsssssss laughing b/c he made my bro feel HELLA stupid for spending that much dough on a ripped pair!.

gigiopolis

Speaking of ripped jeans...

Today I saw a girl wearing your average, fitted dark denim jeans. I noticed a weird mark under her left buttcheek, and as I approached her, I realized it was this large rip, RIGHT UNDER HER BUTT. It looked like she was halfway through converting her left pant leg into a pair of short shorts, but ran out of time. SO not flattering.

kisou

Quote:

I definitely agree! It's so much nicer to break in your own jeans, I think~

AmberElizabeth

*Leggings- They're best left to 3 year olds or as pajamas.
*Destroyed jeans- Paying for pants that have rips, frayed edges ect is just plain stupid.
*Gladiator sandals- Best left to the Roman warriors. They're hideous.
*Uggs- They're all ugly. I don't care how comfortable they are.
*Hair extensions- Fake hair is extremely tacky.
*GIANT fake boobs on a size 00 body- One good breeze and you'll tip over.

Latest posts