What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

bumblebees24

Ripped jeans and tights. Can we please get rid of them?? The funny part is you have to pay EXTRA to get jeans all torn up.

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
Ripped jeans and tights. Can we please get rid of them?? The funny part is you have to pay EXTRA to get jeans all torn up.

I love ripped jeans, and have ripped some of my own, but some of the effects are hard to do yourself, and so some are best bought pre-ripped. I like jeans that say "My owner is in a rock band and I have been worn on 3 world tours", but not "my owner gave me to her 3 rottweilers to play with"... you know that look of "if I go near a washing machine, I will have a nervous breakdown and disintegrate". As for tights, I imagine those would be very easy to rip yourself... but wouldn't necessarily look good.

xFlossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Harem pants.

lol some chick was wearing them lastnight and I was admiring them
tong.gif

I wish that skinny leg jeans were out. I think they look blimmin horrible on anyone!

abbyquack

I wish the ripped jeans would go away too, even though I wear them! haha. I go through one of those pairs in like 6 months, drives me crazy! And what's worse is the other day, I went to forever 21 to buy some cheapy jeans, but the one thing I wanted was jeans with NO holes in them. I found one pair that I liked, no holes. Then the next day I kneeled down and...rippp! There was some distressing in the knees and it opened up to a hole! So now my cute jeans are holey jeans
thmbdn.gif

nebbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
Ugh, Justin Bieber haircuts on guys...that feel the need to swoosh it out of their eyes every 3 seconds. Reminds of Abe Simpson, "Get a haircut, ya damn hippie!"

I agree! But I'd like to expand to include the whole most-of-your-hair-artfully-placed-in-your-face trend. Uggggh. Whyyyyyy!!

Courtney <3

harem pants!!!
and around here all the girls i know go out in their boyfriends sweat pants and big hoodies. yes i wear my boyfriends clothes as well but not in public!

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
Anything that looks like Ed hardy designed it

couldn't agree more it all looks so tacky :/

na294

Quote:

I agree times 100!

And same with the Harem pants. The crotch of your pants should be by your crotch and not halfway to your knees!

Lets just hope that Ed Hardy doesn't make any himself haha

naturallyfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
Bad knockoffs. They're everywhere. Don't waste your money on ten knockoffs trying to look like something in a magazine. Invest in one QUALITY piece that you ACTUALLY LIKE!

I completely agree! I live in a land of foach purses and fake louis vuittons and it drives me crazy. I understand that designer knock offs are way cheaper, but they're also illegal!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallyfab
I completely agree! I live in a land of foach purses and fake louis vuittons and it drives me crazy. I understand that designer knock offs are way cheaper, but they're also illegal!

I agree with Alliswan; instead of buying multiple cheap knock-offs, save your money and get the real thing; it will look better, you'll be happier with it, and it will last longer.
DON'T BUY JUNK!
Back to topic: A trend that I am starting to hate is ripped jeans.
The wearer looks like either a vagrant or someone who had a tragic accident with lawn maintenance equipment, or just lost a knife fight.
Jeans are great, but I think whole, new-looking well-fitting straight leg jeans is a much classier casual look.

glitzbeary

Quote:

I like some of the designs, but just not on me.

glitzbeary

Skinny/straight jeans look great on some folks, but I don't like this trend because I can't wear them because of my short stumps.

glitzbeary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Logo purses- fake or real. Just screams "look at how much I paid to advertise x brand!"

LOL, yeah it can be overdone, but I still get Coach because it has my first initial. Can't help that Chanel is also my initial, but not shelling out for that yet.

PeachTwist

Maxi dresses - piss off. I don't like them and everywhere I go to try and buy something nice - they are ALL I see.

I also hate it when a new season comes in anywhere - especially if I don't like ANYTHING because I can then no longer buy clothes until they're sold out and new stuff comes in.

Give me a damn break, I don't want to keep up with the fashion world! Stop trying to FORCE me into it!