What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist
Stop trying to FORCE me into it!

I think I know what you're saying!
People say, "If you don't like a particular trend, then just don't wear it! "
That sounds simple enough, but sometimes a trend takes such a strong hold that there's practically nothing else in the blasted stores.
girl_devil.gif

For example, take capris (please!).
I realize that a lot of people love capris, and look good in them, but, durn it, I'm a plus-size petite, and I want full-length pants.
For a while, it seemed like the word "pants" had been re-defined as "capris."
While it was and is possible to find full-length pants and slacks, a fair amount of digging is necessary.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
That's not true.
NO ONE looks good in capris unless they're working out.

While I don't like capris, I have to be honest and admit that I know one woman who looks lean and leggy and chic in them.
She's built like a supermodel, of course, and can carry off styles the rest of us have difficulty with.
sick.gif

LeopardLove

I'm short/petite and love capri's. It's really just personal taste, most girls can pull off anything if you feel good in it(as long as it's the right size and at the right occasion) lol. I feel really odd and dumb in maxi dresses but have seen other short girls wear them and look fab.

The one trend I seriously hate is girls getting their lips over-done, u know that fish lips look? It ruins how pretty the rest of their face is. I can't believe how many women keep doing it, don't they see it looks sooo unnatural? They don't look pouty and sexy, they look like stretched out creepy lips!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
^ I don't like that idea, that someone who is tall and skinny looks better in clothes.

You're right, that "better" is a very subjective term.
Maybe I should add that the person I mentioned was not "skinny;" she does have some meat on her bones.
I'm just saying that some styles that would make petite plus size me look kind of dumpy, look graceful and chic on her. Capris are a good example.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallyfab
daisy dukes.

Photo in which it is painfully clear that this person is *not* wearing denim underwear.
I rest your case.
lol.gif

aggrolounge

I can't say I agree with most of the complaints in this thread. I mean, sure, Crocs are garden shoes.. but then what are stilettos? Were those really designed for urban/workwear? They don't seem any more logical than Crocs to me. So if you don't like it, fine, but I think it's silly to talk about what kinds of clothes were originally for what purpose as if there is some obvious inherent logic to the majority of fashion. The only fashion rules that make much sense to me are those pertaining to weather-appropriateness.
Also, I sport a lot of these looks, haha. I personally dislike logo purses, but I do like wearing workout clothes to the grocery store every now and again, or wearing Uggs when I feel like it. So basically I understand having preferences but I don't understand how incredibly perturbed some people are by others' fashion some people on here are o_O It doesn't really bother me much when someone wears something I find less than attractive.
I say wear what you like, keeping in mind what works for your shape and a bit of class.

Mabelle

jumpsuits/rompers/onsies whatever you want to call them they are awful. You looks like you should have a side pony tail and be jamming with your newkids on tyhe block dolls.

booties. they are hideous.

MichaelaLou

The trend that people claim to be 'individual' but every other person dresses like it! (Backcombed hair, skinny jeans, racoon eyes)

Mabelle

^unfortunately thats not a trend. its just people following whatever the new hottness is. I'm afraid its here to stay.

hopefully the raccoon eyes will go though!

spookydeuce

I know this thread is old and I haven't read all the replies, but at the moment the trends I cannot stand are:

-Day glo: Neon was best kept in the late 80s/early 90s.
-Animal prints: I've just never been a fan.
-Distressed/ripped jeans: Why do I want to pay for jeans with holes in them?!
-Acid wash jeans: Another thing best left in the 80s.
-Parachute/harem pants: If you're not Aladdin or MC Hammer, you shouldn't be wearing those.
-Platform shoes... of any kind: They're just unattractive.

Past trends that you still see sometimes that I also hated:

-Uggs: They look like lumpy pieces of poo on people's feet.
-Crocs: Don't even get me started.
-Very Bradley bags: They look like quilted grandma bags.

Cydonian

Quote:
The one trend I seriously hate is girls getting their lips over-done, u know that fish lips look? It ruins how pretty the rest of their face is. I can't believe how many women keep doing it, don't they see it looks sooo unnatural? They don't look pouty and sexy, they look like stretched out creepy lips!
I like them as well, I only have a couple pairs though because I prefer ones that hit to my knee. I guess those aren't capris though? More like walking shorts? They are cute in the summer with a mid height heel and a cute top for work. I'll wear them with flats as well, though that tends to make my thighs look fat.

I am totally not into the boots that are "in" right now. They are either slouchy or just plain ugly. I'm sorry but the slouchy kind look sloppy on ANYONE... especially girls with thicker legs, such as myself. But even on a thin girl... they look ridiculous! It looks like you rolled out of bed and put your dad's boots on.

Also, rainboots. They're ugly, stop it.

I like more flowy styles on girls that are tall and can wear it, or even if they are trying to conceal a tummy, but does EVERYTHING have to be flared? My problem area is my hips... I don't need something flowing out from my chest, I look like a grape. I would like some pretty, normal tops plzkthx.

Last thing... those skirts and dresses with the pleats in the lower stomach/crotch. Does that look good on anyone? Dear god, it looks horrendous and crinkled, usually!

BeccalovesMAC

Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about the Fedora hats (is that how you spell it) hats. I think they are EXTREMELY played out. It kinda reminds of the whole 'Ashton Kutchner/Von dutch trucker hat' fad from 2002.

PeachTwist

I still wish Maxi dresses would go out of style, I still can't stand them.

Gladiator Sandals - I don't like them at all.
Animal Prints - I don't like it, I just think it looks silly.
Harem Pants - Looks like you're wearing a wet diaper.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't currently think of them. I'll update when I remember.

rockin

As far as I'm concerned, people can pretty much wear what they like in public, as long as it's not indecent (and whatever they like in private). Nobody is forced to wear what is 'in fashion', and I certainly don't. I have my own style and stick with it.

I don't follow trends, so they don't really bother me, apart from the teenage boy trend of wearing jeans slung below the hip, showing their pants sticking out above them. How on earth do they stay up? It looks awful. I just want to go up to them and pull their jeans up for them LOL

mercurysmile

Sweats, especially matching sweatsuits - cute at home, not so much in public
Leggings as pants - unless jogging, dance, etc.

Overall those I hate certain trends on certain people just because some people don't know how to do it or pull it off. For example, skinny jeans... I can't pull them off, they make my legs look like sausages and make me look stumpy. All in all they make me look fatter and less shapely then I am. This is why some people hate animal print, done properly can look totally fab but when overdone can look very jarring.

I feel people should dress to their body rather than to a trend. Note: if you have an amazing body with legs that go on for miles that still doesn't mean you can wear legging as pants, sorry.

Latest posts