What was the last movie you watched?

Cinfulgirl

Last one I saw was Django Unchained and I really enjoyed it. I was just went watching with an open mind since many people though it was horrible while others praised it.

Goat Goat Etc.

Last one I saw was Django Unchained and I really enjoyed it. I was just went watching with an open mind since many people though it was horrible while others praised it.
I must roll my eyes at the Spike Lee's of the world. I bet you they love The Color Purple.

Goat Goat Etc.

Just saw Ted and it was funnier than expected. Must say Seth Macfarlane still loves to use reference jokes on the tell end of sentence though. Ted will be saying something and then they through this in a pop-culture related joke without the Family Guy flashback.

Cinfulgirl

I've watched a few movies this week.
Fast and Furious 6
Aftershock
The Iceman
Iron Man 3
Out of those 4 I loved and enjoyed Fast 6 and Iron Man 3!

Innatchka

I just came home from The Great Gatsby! LOVED the movie. Never read the book, but I am planning to. Discovered I still have a crush on DiCaprio after all those years
love.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Just saw Frozen. It came out in November and I really had looked my nose down on it. Firstly, I did so because they were marketing the snowman character too hard. Like I know movies for kids have a character of comic relief to keep the kids interested but it totally turned me off. The previews on tv were snippets of the predictable we've all heard before. Secondly, I overlooked seeing this because this was interesting to me when I saw 2D sketches. The moment they released 3D images to the press I was out.

So what grabbed me in? Though people had been throwing gifs left and right on tumblr what got me was Disney throwing the entire movie musical sequence for "Let It Go" on youtube. This movie was made to be broadway musical! I have yet to see Wicked but I know Idina Menzel belted her way to a Tony for it. Had they played her role up more and looped the song in the previews, I would have been on board. It has been awhile since I have heard something so beautiful about freedom and loving yourself. When they nominated the song and movie for awards it sincerely was not hype or Disney using their corporate power to stay relevant with some hurriedly made crap like they have done in the past.

So music, with the exception of two throwaway songs, was great. Disney is making a recovery. The plot did not disappoint either it was actually strong. It managed to be that when it veered in the similar direction with the self-saving, freedom of choice, a prince/marriage is not the end goal movie, Merida. This movie was about a fragmented relationship between sisters.

But yeah before I get carried away with this, see it. It's smarter than how it's being marketed.

Goat Goat Etc.

The Wolf of Wall Street, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and American Hustle.
Oh Oh Oh! Last fall was the first time I caught the Hunger Games! I dragged my brother to go see Catching Fire. He was loaded with skepticism but by the end wanted to see the first! HG is not some tween joke, it's flawless!

Latest posts