What will/did you name your Children.

Brittni

Wonton, Devyn & Savannah (especially together) are really cute names! Why did you spell Devyn with a "y" though ? I think for a girl maybe it'd make more sense, y's just seem feminime to me! haha.

As for meeee...

-Britian
-Britta (haha, guess I like names similar to mine.. :p)
-Bella
-Olivia
-Gracie

-Mathew (with one t so cant call him Matt haha)
-Redding (probably wont happen)
-Dylan

There's just sooo many cute names... how can one decide? =)

wonton78

Brittni vbmenu_register("postmenu_1817233", true); ~ Actually i wanted it to be spelled different then most (Devin, Devon, Deven) and My name is Tonya, I know it sounds funny but, at the time being single and not figuring i would ever meet someone and have more children i wanted us ( my son and I )to have a connection, but i have since he was a baby seen that the y is for a girl, but i always felt that the name was a boys name.

Jessica0984

I don't have any children yet but my names are..
Girl- Brianna, Stella, Ashley, Brittany, Catie and Makenzie
Boy- Dylan, Damien, Sean, Brandon, Aaron and Jonathan

tepa1974

My daughter's name is Sasha Michal (last minute since she was born 7 1/2 weeks prematurely and she had no name until the day before we brought her home) and my son's name is Nathan Elijah. If I ever have more children, I like the names Olivia and Jacob.

atwingirl

We named our son "Maxwell", my husband's Grandfather's name. The name came to us about an hour after he was born. It just suited him, he was born 9 pounds 4 ounces!
As for his middle name, my husband only has the middle intial "D". No actual name. His parents were going to call him "JD" with his first name begining with the letter "J". My first name also starts with the letter "J". So we gave Maxwell the intial "J", in honor of our two first names and to continue his own father's uniqueness.

Lady Gray

I have a Chloe and Lola. I adore both names. There are many many more names for girls that I adore but were vetoed by husband!

littlepickle

We don't have any children yet, but in my partner Mike's family they have a really strong tradition of passing names down. Mike is Michael Walter, his father is Walter Michael, his paternal grandfather was also a Walter. On that side of the family the oldest boy is always called Walter - which I can't bear the thought of! Mike's mum Tess got out of it because her family also has a similar tradition. Her father is Michael Alexander, so she figured that Michael was the common name and that was good enough
smiles.gif
(Of course there her brother later named his son Alexander Michael to honour their father.. they're really big on it, I'm not exaggerating at all!)
Again with the tradition, on Tessa's side, at least one girl has the middle name Bruce. I'm told it's a Celtic thing? Tess is Therese Bruce.
So names are not exactly looking good here, I used to have all sorts of ideas about beautiful biblical names for boys and pretty names for girls.. now I'm just concerned with avoiding Walter and Bruce and still pleasing everyone! William is a name on my father's side, he wants me to include that (excuse me Dad, you have four kids! Pick another one for your hoped for William grandchild, please!).
But! Mike and I have decided we want to name a son Noel Patrick. Noel for Wal's (his dad) younger brother who passed away in his 20s, far too young. And Patrick for Tessa's brother who passed away a bit under 10 years ago, leaving behind his wife and daughter. Everyone who sees Mike who knew Noel or Patrick is amazed by how much he resembles them both, so it seems really appropriate to us.
As for a girl... I like feminine (in my opinion) names like Leila, Lily, Kaia, Kaylee, Madison (Mike scoffs at this). My mother's middle name is Eva so I'd like to incorporate that too
smiles.gif

Family is such a big part of Mike & I's life, we are so lucky to have his maternal grandparents still with us, they are the most amazing people. And maybe it sounds crazy but I'd really like them to see their great grandchild sooner rather than later
smiles.gif
Man I'm clucky...

Sorry about the long winded post!!

bellaboomboom

No kids yet but if I had a girl - I'd probably name her Mary.

My Mom's name is Rosemary and my Mother In Law is Mariann so it seems fitting. Plus I just like how simple and non-fancy the name Mary is. My second favorite girls name is Kira.

If I had a boy, I'd like to name him Jax. Crazy huh? Not sure if the hubby would go for it
smiles.gif
Second favorite would be my hubby's name, Vincent.

FiestyFemme

Now that hubby and I are more seriously thinking about kids, I try to remember names that I run across that I'd like to use. I am dead set that if we have a girl, she'll be named Kahlan (pronounced Kay-len). I like Kahlan Elizabeth, and it goes well with our last name. If we had another girl, I haven't completely decided... I like Ariella (Ella or Ellie for short), Esther (Tess or Tessie for short), and Emeline/Emma.

For boys, DH really likes the name Alexander (Alex for short). So I've been thinking maybe Alexander Emmanuel (after the hubby's middle name), but I also like Jonah, Gabriel, and Kellan.

LittleMaryJane

For a boy, I like Cadman. And I would want his middle name to be something old, that isn't used anymore like Theodoric. or Iccarus. Or Octavius.

For girls, I like Lenore and Oktober. Oktober Octavia sounds good to me.

Yeah, I'm kinda weird but I've had these names picked out for years now. I'm pretty sure I don't even want kids
winks.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
If I had a boy, I'd like to name him Jax. Crazy huh? Not sure if the hubby would go for it
smiles.gif
Second favorite would be my hubby's name, Vincent.

A friend of mine online just had a baby a few months ago and she named him Jax. I think it's a cute name. Only it reminds me of one of my least favorite characters on General Hospital
greengrin.gif
Jasper Jax, who goes by Jax.

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
A friend of mine online just had a baby a few months ago and she named him Jax. I think it's a cute name. Only it reminds me of one of my least favorite characters on General Hospital
greengrin.gif
Jasper Jax, who goes by Jax.

How cool! Love that name
smiles.gif

Cupid

Oh gosh I have tons of baby names that I love. Sadly my boyfriend only agrees with a few...but we aren't married or even close to ready to have kids yet...so hopefully I can change his mind before then!

I really, really, really like a lot of boy names for girls. Always have for some reason.
Girl names: Shane, Jayden, Constance, Killian, Elijah, Morgan, Emmaline, Fallon

Boy names: Eli, Christian, Ajani (which is my bf's name), Jordan.

LC

my first daughter is named Sicilia but we call her Si Si

my second daughter is named Cora

MamaLaura

My son's name was Lucas Jacob Russell, my daughter's name is Kaylyn Briley Olivia. My soon to be step-daughter's name is Rylee Samantha James. That was one of the things that actually attracted me to my fiance in the first place - we both like the sound of our kids having 2 middle names.

I had a miscarriage, and that baby would have been Maxwell or Emily. Other names we liked but never ended up using: Ethan, Kaleb, Hailey, Oliver, Lily, Lucy, Carter, Jane.

If my next child is a girl, her name will be Lily Peyton Lucille. I'm unsure on boy names. I like a lot of boy names, and it's hard to narrow them down.

I don't like names that are spelled "different" just for the sake of being different. If you want a different name, use a different name, not a common name with a different spelling. I also don't like it when girls have names that are traditionally male. We're running out of boy names because they're all becoming girl names! Once a boy name becomes even semi popular for girls, you can never use it for a boy again. It sucks. My last pet peeve with baby names is not choosing the names you like just for the fact that you like them. I dislike it when people give their kids a "strange" name because they don't want them to have a common name, even if they LIKE a common name. And on the reverse, I dislike it when people give their kids common names because they feel weird/bad using a non-traditional name. Use the name you like and screw everyone else. As it stands, these are MY opinions on names and everyone else should say screw it and do what they want when it comes to naming their own children.

naturallyfab

I'm not planning on having kids any time soon (I'm only 18) but if I have a girl I want to name her Meav, and if I have a boy, I want to name him Kelton. :D

ChelsMarie

I have a beautiful little red haired girl named Phoenix and a handsome little boy named Michael. My daughter's due date was September 11th and we really liked the name Phoenix so it just made sense. My son is named after my husband's father who passed when he was younger. We would like one more child. If it is a girl we will name her Lillian, Lilly for short. If it is a boy I like the name Thomas (after my grandpa) or Dexter.

Latest posts