What's For Dinner?

spectrolite

After much complaining from my partner about me not cooking enough, I made a feast tonight >_< We had:

Sweet Corn, Zucchini and herb fritters with marinated Tofu steaks garnished with oven roasted Roma tomatoes and avocado slices, served with dill + coriander (cilantro) sour cream and tomato chutney.

I also made a salad with rocket, baby spinach leaves, Spanish onions, feta, fennel, and kalamata olives with a dressing made from the juice of the roasted Roma tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

That outta shut him up for a while
smiles.gif

spunky

i'm thinking about cooking chicken fajitas or chili nachos but i can't decide which! they're both sooooo tasty
smiles.gif

when i've got a bit more time i'm going to go through this thread, you ladies have got some great looking recipes here
greengrin.gif

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'm thinking about cooking chicken fajitas or chili nachos but i can't decide which! they're both sooooo tasty
smiles.gif

Maybe I'm being wild... but I like the sound of chicken fajita chili nachos.
choochoo.gif

m_3

Pizza plain and simple. I put more effort into my lunch which was grilled chicken, corn and mashed potatoes made with chicken broth.

LittleMaryJane

I had a sort of lunchish dinner. Turkey sandwich, cole slaw and potato chips. It was soooo yummy though
smiles.gif
I have been on this peppered turkey kick, normally I'm not really all that into it.

spunky

well, with my dodgy kidney i'm feeling very sorry for myself so tonight i'm going to have some serious comfort food. macaroni cheese or bangers n'mash with lots of gravy. don't care about calories just now, i just want to feel better!

might even be able to persuade my mum to cook for me
sneaky.gif

Shimmer

chicken, Zucchini, squash, green beans, snow peas, red and green bell peppers.

I don't eat grains or dairy.

bellaboomboom

From Bobby Flay's Grill It cookbook, we are making San Diego Style Blue Corn Salmon Tacos with Orange-Habanero Hot Sauce. I can't wait to try it! Hubby is napping but we'll start cooking soon.

Also from this cookbook, I made earlier today: Charred Corn Guacamole with corn chips. It was SO good! I think it will taste even better tomorrow.

On Friday, also from this cookbook, we made: Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Butter and Capers and it was so easy and so delish! I am madly craving it again so will probably make it next weekend too! This recipe was a pleasant surprise for me since I usually don't like capers, but OMG! They are so good with tilapia - or probably any fish. The flavors w/ the lemon butter and capers just blew me away. Who knew? So simple yet SO GOOD!

MACATTAK

Quote:
On Friday, also from this cookbook, we made: Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Butter and Capers and it was so easy and so delish! I am madly craving it again so will probably make it next weekend too! This recipe was a pleasant surprise for me since I usually don't like capers, but OMG! They are so good with tilapia - or probably any fish. The flavors w/ the lemon butter and capers just blew me away. Who knew? So simple yet SO GOOD!

It is good on any fish. I didn't get the lemon butter caper recipe from Flay, but it's the only one I use on fish. I usually fry some pollock or tilapia in a very small amount of olive oil, and add the sauce on top......delicious!!!

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
From Bobby Flay's Grill It cookbook, we are making San Diego Style Blue Corn Salmon Tacos with Orange-Habanero Hot Sauce. I can't wait to try it! Hubby is napping but we'll start cooking soon.

Also from this cookbook, I made earlier today: Charred Corn Guacamole with corn chips. It was SO good! I think it will taste even better tomorrow.

You are making me drool on my keyboard! How was it?

bellaboomboom

SO SO awesome! The tacos were just great - now a new fav of mine. That orange hot sauce sure had some kick
sweatdrop.gif
I highly recommend that cook book!

LMD84

oh i forgot about this thread! last night i made a home made pizza with chicken, peppers and mushrooms. not the healthiest but better than ordering in :)

LMD84

tonight i shall be having some chicken with rice and the i add some hot sauce for a bit of flavour :) simple but yummy!

Latest posts