Who are your real friends?

Shadowy Lady

I agree with a lot of ppl who posted. It's really about quality of friendship. You meet ppl in various areas of life, and sometimes you have to leave behind some ppl who you thought were your best friends. I met one of my very best friends at a job I stayed at for 6 months a couple of years ago. Meanwhile another friend I thought would be my maid of honour just randomly "dumped" me 3 months before my wedding!!

I'm a very social person so I always have a crowd around me. But I'm also very distant on the inside so out of all the acquaintances I have, I can only count 4 girls as my friends for life.

P.S. Facebook should change the term "Friends" with "Aquintances"!

KAIA

I know what you mean.
I went to the US for 4 years, I came back to my country more than a year ago, and my friends are not the same, I'm not tha same either, we just grew apart, we don't even talk to each other.

My only true friend is my boyfriend.

KAIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady

I ♥ this quote!!! is so true!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
WOW SAME. Except change 'Indian' to 'Turkish'.
It annoys me now because my dad was always so strict about not going out with white friends because their lifestyle and values are too different and all this lame b.s., when the Turkish girls were up to all kinds of shady shit (and on top of that were sooo shallow and two faced), but that was fine because they were Turkish, and all hung out together and could cover for eachother.

th_hug.gif
To be fair it wasn't my parents who drummed it into me, it was more the other Indian girls at school who used to laugh when I went to the pub with my friends or had sleepovers (because those were clearly not Indian things to do).

lol.gif
I have to agree with you on the cover for each other shit, one girl who had really strict parents ran off to London for the day to hand out leaflets with a guy she really liked. Her parents were really worried about her and started ringing around all her friends to see where she was, they all covered for her but because they left me out of the loop I told her parents where she was, assuming that she was just late or something. What annoyed me about that group of girls was the fact that they covered for each other's dodgy behaviour but looked down their noses at people who were allowed to go out without lying to their parents, AKA me.

L1LMAMAJ

this reminds me of a story (kinda unrelated): so i wasn't allowed to have a bf in hs but i had one anyway. so i was hanging out with him one day and i told my mom i was with my friend amy. she loves to call me while i'm out and ask to speak to my friend. REALLY SCARY RIGHT? okay so i'm out with my bf at the time and she calls me. i don't pick up but instead i call amy (i was obviously not with her, it was just a cover) and three way her while i call my mom after connecting with amy. then my mom asks her usual supicious questions, "so you're with amy? where are you guys?" etc. and then my mom's like, "let me talk to amy." and so three seconds later, amy starts talking and i can barely hold my laughter cuz i got away so good! but yea back to topic. continue on.
greengrin.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
this reminds me of a story (kinda unrelated): so i wasn't allowed to have a bf in hs but i had one anyway. so i was hanging out with him one day and i told my mom i was with my friend amy. she loves to call me while i'm out and ask to speak to my friend. REALLY SCARY RIGHT? okay so i'm out with my bf at the time and she calls me. i don't pick up but instead i call amy (i was obviously not with her, it was just a cover) and three way her while i call my mom after connecting with amy. then my mom asks her usual supicious questions, "so you're with amy? where are you guys?" etc. and then my mom's like, "let me talk to amy." and so three seconds later, amy starts talking and i can barely hold my laughter cuz i got away so good! but yea back to topic. continue on.
greengrin.gif

lol.gif
My word to my mum used to be "I'm in the library so I can't talk" she knew I was lying because the first time she met my first boyfriend she said "Hello ***** or should I call you the librarian?"

blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
lol.gif
My word to my mum used to be "I'm in the library so I can't talk" she knew I was lying because the first time she met my first boyfriend she said "Hello ***** or should I call you the librarian?"

blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

LOL!
th_LMAO.gif

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
lol.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

LOL!
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
lol.gif

blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

LMAO! at least ur mom has a sense of humour? haha or well...at least she sounds like she has one.

NernersHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yeah it happens...But my real friends have been my family...mom, sister, brotehr, SIL and my husband....I have a few close friends ...but none that I truly have the same bond with as my family and none that I can say I 100% trust to have my best interest at heart.

This is me as well. My fiance, parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews are the only ones I would say I trust without fail.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NernersHuman
This is me as well. My fiance, parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews are the only ones I would say I trust without fail.

Hey you're from makeupgeek!!
back2topic.gif

__nini

I'm a graduating senior too and when you think about it, you really don't make lifetime friends in college (barely a handful if that). Half the time it's some drama, people trying to find themselves and balance their status in social life that they spread themselves so far they can't be loyal to individual friendships. Some might turn around, but 98.9% of the time who you are at 21 is who you end up being for the rest of your life. Don't be the one who bends over backwards just to have friends and not get it reciprocated back. Just stay true to who you are and count the close friends on one hand you have as opposed to going through the motions with these "associates" we made in school. You'll attract good spirited people as well, even if it's one at a time.

florabundance

Quote:
What annoyed me about that group of girls was the fact that they covered for each other's dodgy behaviour but looked down their noses at people who were allowed to go out without lying to their parents, AKA me.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!
Ahhhh..honestly, i have stories for DAYS about this kind of crap. It's something that made me frustrated about my culture for the longest time.
angry.gif
grr

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
LMAO! at least ur mom has a sense of humour? haha or well...at least she sounds like she has one.

She's quite the comedian when she wants to be.
yes.gif

AmiS4ys

its quite interesting that you mention friends in far places.

as soon as i graduated from high school, a lot of people dropped contact with me as soon as i moved to college.

however, i transferred back home from said college due to my dad's health issues, and the good friend or two i met there, i dont corrospond with anymore.

it upsets me personally to know that i'm back home and i still cant corrospond with a lot of HS friends. besides my bf (would i will always count on as my best friend), i don't have ANY actually girl-friends.

having said all that, it really makes one think "who was really there for me in my life?", you know? For me, it just seems like i had nearly no one there for me (besides family). I can relate a lot to a couple of girls who have posted as well.

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
I don't have any friends at all
th_dunno.gif
My boyfriend insists that his friends are my friends too, and I love them and all, but it's not the same. I really don't have anyone I can confide in besides the bf. I actually told someone about this issue before and and the person didn't believe me because I guess I seem to always be surrounded by people. But they're all acquaintances, I really don't have a single close friend.

It's unfortunate, but I can relate to you. I don't either due to moving from college and back and a lot of times throughout my life I went to different schools and never maintained friendships. My bf also insists that his friends are mine as well, but they don't have the same bond that a close chick-friend would have with you, you know? I don't have someone to go to lunch with, or go clothes shopping with, or to even go clubbin' with so a lot of the girly fun things I should be enjoying at my age, I don't really indulge in.

I understand you entirely.

Shanti

Ugh... this topic always turns my stomach/breaks my heart a bit on the inside. =/
It just reminds me that I probably don't have any real friends. Ever since I stopped going to school etc. it just seems like everyone has disappeared from my life, and I feel so LONELY.
I've been thinking a lot about this lately because I'm moving away for college and I'm afraid that my so-called "close" friends here won't even care when I move, if I come back to visit etc. As is, I haven't talked to most of them in over a month.
I'm really hoping this "fresh start" I'll get come schooltime will numb the supposed "pain" of these thoughts.
I don't know what to think. But I guess everything in life is like a test.

CandiGirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady

Ditto!

I've tried to reconnect with a "friend", but she just wasn't all that interested as she claimed to be.

my real friends are family. They've been there since the day I was born and always will be.
yes.gif