Will gay marriage lead to the downfall of society?

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonDoll
There isn't an official religion. That would just show the world how hypocritical the government is. Marriage is actually one of the few places that Church and State combine. Sadly, it is a very personal thing that the government should just remove themselves from. I still don't understand why homosexual couples can't marry. I don't see much wrong with polygamy except when it involves children who can't decide for themselves (And benefits....that is a problem...but morally? No). Activities between consenting, informed adults is really no business of the government or anyone else.

Exactly!!
yes.gif

blazeno.8

First off prostitution is legal in the parts of Germany that I've been to (I think it's legal in the whole country or is it just certain Bundeslaender?) and Nevada. Neither have imploded due to prostitution as a leading factor.

Gay marriage is legal at the federal level in some countries (thinkin' Spain which housed the dreaded ultra conservative Spanish inquisition at one point) and their society hasn't collapsed. It's also legal in several US states and at various points has been legalized in a number of other states (only to be repealed). Legalization of a common practice won't lead to the downfall of any society if the common practice itself hasn't already done so.

But of course we all know this so how 'bout we figure out what happened to the little popcorn eating emoticon, bring it back and just post it in this thread? 'Cause I'm really enjoying the show.

Shimmer

Quote:
There isn't an official religion. That would just show the world how hypocritical the government is. Marriage is actually one of the few places that Church and State combine. Sadly, it is a very personal thing that the government should just remove themselves from. I still don't understand why homosexual couples can't marry. I don't see much wrong with polygamy except when it involves children who can't decide for themselves (And benefits....that is a problem...but morally? No). Activities between consenting, informed adults is really no business of the government or anyone else.

It's not uncommon for polygamous communities to be inbred. No thanks.

cupcake_x

Whoa whoa, I must have skimmed over the polygamous part. There seem to be too many creepy things going on in polygamous communities. The women look so depressed, I can't imagine what thats like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer

Yeah, I have to agree.. I've seen firsthand what inbreeding does. *shivers*

summerskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
First off prostitution is legal in the parts of Germany that I've been to (I think it's legal in the whole country or is it just certain Bundeslaender?) and Nevada. Neither have imploded due to prostitution as a leading factor.

Gay marriage is legal at the federal level in some countries (thinkin' Spain which housed the dreaded ultra conservative Spanish inquisition at one point) and their society hasn't collapsed. It's also legal in several US states and at various points has been legalized in a number of other states (only to be repealed). Legalization of a common practice won't lead to the downfall of any society if the common practice itself hasn't already done so.

But of course we all know this so how 'bout we figure out what happened to the little popcorn eating emoticon, bring it back and just post it in this thread? 'Cause I'm really enjoying the show.

Well, here in Holland prostitution AND gay marriage (and marihuana) is legal, and we're still alive. Didn't lead to downfall of society
nope.gif
. So i agree with you

BlueMoonDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer

When it involves consenting adults there is nothing morally wrong with it (obviously in my opinion). I'm not talking about the communities of people who force their views on their young children and MAKE people enter a polygamous marriage. I mean those who say, "Oh hey, look....we believe in polyandry, I love you and I love *her* or *him* and you love *her* or *him* too...so..." There is nothing wrong with ADULTS choosing to have more than one partner in the home. Whatever they want. (I am NOT condoning cheating. If it is a one man-one woman thing for ONE partner, then it is for both or they're not meant to be together. It has to be a mutual decision among all adult parties involved.)

It is 2009, I say let us usher in a new kind of love and love who you love. We're a "christian" country so let us learn from Jesus (the original hippie) and love people for who they are. We're not going to like or love everybody (I know first hand even the best of people just CAN'T) but we can be good people and stop all the judging of others just because they're different. If they aren't hurting you or someone else, why should you care?

And like summerskin said--Holland hasn't collapsed. America won't either.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
And like summerskin said--Holland hasn't collapsed. America won't either.

I'm not disagreeing with the legalization of gay marriage, prostitution, or pot (which is another thing to tax the crap out of, and make the country money...so I dunno why they haven't done it yet...bow to the almighty dollar), and I don't think America would collapse if any (or all) of these things were done, but it seems to me that other countries are much more open minded than America is on more than one topic. Again, I don't think America would collapse, but it would require people to be more accepting of each other, and open minded about ways different than their own...something that seems to be quite difficult for a large percentage of people.
ssad.gif

MACForME

Hmm..

I'm going to ask this question. Where is the person who posted this crap to begin with? Oh wait, is she over defending Carrie Prejean or in the "Prop 8 Passed" thread spewing more hate? I don't see her active on THIS thread.

I am a straight female by the way..

oh, and here is what I have to say to the ORIGINAL poster, who is no-where to be found, and surely not defending her ideations.. In the words of Rev.Al Sharpton.. (who hit it right on the head if you ask me)

“Whatever my personal feelings may be about gay and lesbian marriages, unless you are prepared to say gays and lesbians are not human beings, they should have the same constitutional right of any other human being.”

So there..

sunshine16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACForME
I've been looking at this since it was posted. It almost made me want to cry.

I am amazed that its still even here. I respect that everyone has an opinion about this subject. however, what i don't like, is that people, who's lives are NOT same-sex or gay, are trying to make decisions for those who ARE.

When did this become acceptable? When did we, as a people, think its OK to decide for OTHERS what kind of of adult behaviours is acceptable to US. As long as no one is being hurt (children, animals etc) what is the big deal? Do we really feel the need to dictate people's sexual behaviours? Straight people do not know what its like to be gay.. anymore than a chinese person knows what its like to be italian, and so forth.

I'm shocked at the lack of love,understanding and frankly, how we mind everyone elses business to the point of attempting to dictate whats right and wrong for essentially, someone ELSE. I don't believe that being gay is a "choice". Who would CHOOSE to be discriminated against?

The original post is cruel if you ask me. No offense to anyone. Its just my opinion. I think if we all paid more attention to our OWN homes and our OWN lives.. life would be alot better..for everyone.

The fact of whether or not homosexuality is a choice is completely irrelevant in my opinion... There's nothing wrong with being gay! So if someone chooses to be that way out of their own free will they have the RIGHT to make that decision for themselves. A person who has decided to be gay should not be any less entitled to rights then someone who was born that way..
A person should not feel obligated to make the choice to be straight if they were given the option because it's the "normal" thing to do.

Just to clarify, i'm not attacking or even disagreeing with MACfor me at all, she sounds like an intelligent lady and i agree with many of her sentiments
smiles.gif

alka1

I don't understand why this thread is still here.. Am I the only one that thinks the OP is a troll? Why was this thread allowed to remain open? She obviously joined to stir up trouble and never even came back to post a reply..

JohnGabrikh

I totally agree with this article, gay marriages are leading societies towards downfall, no religion and society norms allow homosexuality and they have solid reason to forbid.

Holy Rapture

Hmm and you 'JohnGabrikh' seem to be a complete and total clone of the OP (in ways such as you having a closed mind and creating an ID just to put up a very negative comment) ... Please step off ... This is a make-up forum and you're really not required on board!!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
I don't understand why this thread is still here.. Am I the only one that thinks the OP is a troll? Why was this thread allowed to remain open? She obviously joined to stir up trouble and never even came back to post a reply..

It's likely still here because everyone is having a decent discussion about it. Like it or not, the subject of this thread is one that's very relevant to this country right now. While, yes, I believe the OP is a troll, she obviously didn't achieve what she set out to do, create mutiny and hate across the message boards. Leaving this post up has proven, I think that most of us here on Specktra are way more open minded than the original twit who posted the thread. For being such a controversial thread, there hasn't been any animosity...very heated debate at times, yes, but nothing REALLY mean and nasty. As long as everyone is keeping the discussion civil, the thread will stay open. I'm sure that if people started getting personal, and attacking each other, the mods would close it down in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGabrikh
I totally agree with this article, gay marriages are leading societies towards downfall, no religion and society norms allow homosexuality and they have solid reason to forbid.

Hey moron. When you learn to put together an intelligent sentence, maybe people will take you seriously. ...but probably not.

Half N Half

Quote:

This is hilarious! When will people start to THINK??
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

^^^ In the case of that particular poster, probably not until they grow a brain.

Ok, that was mean and uncalled for. I'm sorry...ish.

cupcake_x

Quote:

Did anyone else notice his Mac link leads to an Apple/Mac website??

Nope, he's not a troll at all
sneaky.gif

ForgetRegret

^^ LOL Nice...I hadn't noticed...although I can't help but agree with him (with the Mac is the world sentiment, not his idiotic post).

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1

I can't believe these heathens don't realize they're living a life of sin and debauchery. Is Hell really the place you want to go to in your next lifetime because you carried on disgustingly with someone of the same gender? They're the reason AIDS even exists and they are the downfall of not only society but humanity. They are killing people by the thousands with their AIDS punishment from God and won't stop. It's selfish that they want to be like heterosexual couples and marry and have kids. What? So you can raise that kid to be messed up like the parent that's gay to begin with? It is my place as a righteous, upstanding person to save that child from the lifestyle you want to expose it to and make it as messed up as you.

As long as one person agrees with what I just wrote there, this post has good reason to be here. The OP was a troll but probably one that saw the show, had a good laugh at us bickering or arguing our points and said okay, that was fun....time to go to the next site. Unfortunately some people do think that homosexuality is the end of the world into eternal damnation....yada yada yada. We get to see each others' views and at least see if tolerance can be reached but either way it's a risque subject.

Personally, a gay couple doesn't matter to me until the buttsecks is rough enough that one of them is banging on my wall at 3 am. I still probably would turn the other cheek even then....get your freak on and do you.
winks.gif

PS alka1 : This wasn't a personal attack just throwing an opinion out there and we know my opinions are nil usually anyways. Mad love makeup junkie.
heart.gif

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I can't believe these heathens don't realize they're living a life of sin and debauchery. Is Hell really the place you want to go to in your next lifetime because you carried on disgustingly with someone of the same gender? They're the reason AIDS even exists and they are the downfall of not only society but humanity. They are killing people by the thousands with their AIDS punishment from God and won't stop. It's selfish that they want to be like heterosexual couples and marry and have kids. What? So you can raise that kid to be messed up like the parent that's gay to begin with? It is my place as a righteous, upstanding person to save that child from the lifestyle you want to expose it to and make it as messed up as you.

As long as one person agrees with what I just wrote there, this post has good reason to be here. The OP was a troll but probably one that saw the show, had a good laugh at us bickering or arguing our points and said okay, that was fun....time to go to the next site. Unfortunately some people do think that homosexuality is the end of the world into eternal damnation....yada yada yada. We get to see each others' views and at least see if tolerance can be reached but either way it's a risque subject.

Personally, a gay couple doesn't matter to me until the buttsecks is rough enough that one of them is banging on my wall at 3 am. I still probably would turn the other cheek even then....get your freak on and do you.
winks.gif

PS alka1 : This wasn't a personal attack just throwing an opinion out there and we know my opinions are nil usually anyways. Mad love makeup junkie.
heart.gif

I heart you.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts