Will gay marriage lead to the downfall of society?

JennieHere

Will it? This article makes a good point at why it will:

Gay Marriage Will Lead to the Downfall of Society

It does make a good point about if we put morals and ethics aside for gay marriage, then what else will people start to think they should be allowed to do? Do we allow polygamous relationships, ect, as long as people are happy? Where does it stop?

Thoughts on this subject? Its worth reading, regardless of your views on the issue...

gildedangel

I completely disagree with this article. I think that statistics on both sides of the issue are wrong and that the whole debate is silly. In my opinion people should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or anyone's property. You want to be homosexual? Fine. Want to be a polygamist? As long as all parties consent, fine! Want to get it on with your dog? As long as the dog is okay with it, fine! As long as you are not raping and pillaging and killing and doing it in public (which is against the law even for heterosexual couples) I'm good. America is supposed to be a place of tolerance and acceptance, if you don't like it, then fine, move to a different country! No one is forcing you to stay here! Just my thoughts
smiles.gif

JennieHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
America is supposed to be a place of tolerance and acceptance, if you don't like it, then fine, move to a different country! No one is forcing you to stay here! Just my thoughts
smiles.gif

How soon do people forget that America is also a Christian nation founded by Christian people on Christian fundamentals...hence the multiple scripture passages in our government buildings and the obvious "One Nation, under God" in our pledge and "In God We Trust" on our currency. Gay marriage goes against that 100%.

If you dont like the Christian principles this country is based on, your free to move to a different country also. We shouldnt have to change our laws for 1% of the population. (the amount who consider themselves "same-sex" couples)

Sure, we're a nation of tolerance...to a certain extent.

franimal

I thought that article was pretty offensive, and I'm sorry but I think you are going to start some shit by posting it. Whoever wrote this is "irrational" and "dumb", his arguments don't even make any sense. Comparing gay marriage to someone having sex with a cat or dog is offensive and stupid, yeah obviously ppl shouldn't be allowed to rape animals, but two consenting adults committing to eachother through marriage is a different story!

gildedangel

How soon some forget that some of the first colonies came to escape religious persecution to practice what they believe. I am pretty sure that came before the constitution. Honestly aren't Christians supposed to love all of God's creatures? Gay people would not exist if it wasn't a part of "God's Plan". You are welcome to believe that Gay Marriage is wrong just as I believe that two people who love each other have every right to get married, maybe not in a church but under the law. I am not homosexual but that doesn't mean that I am not okay with other people being that way. And trust me, if you were a part of that 1% of the population, you would want to be heard too.
smiles.gif
It's a state issue, let the states decide!
winks.gif

franimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieHere

It does make a good point about if we put morals and ethics aside for gay marriage, then what else will people start to think they should be allowed to do? Do we allow polygamous relationships, ect, as long as people are happy? Where does it stop?

Thoughts on this subject? Its worth reading, regardless of your views on the issue...

You are an idiot, why are you even here? you obviously have an agenda other than makeup

sweatpea559

Actually, the whole reason people came to this country in the first place was for religious freedom. That is what this country is built on. Just because the majority of people here are Christians does not make it a christian nation.

blindpassion

The OP only joined this forum to push her personal agenda regarding Gay Marriage. - They have proved this in other threads.

Take your propaganda somewhere else.

gildedangel

^^Agreed. You are obviously here to start a fight. Go take your debate to some other forum, we talk primarily about makeup here. Thanks!

twilightessence

Quote:
How soon do people forget that America is also a Christian nation founded by Christian people on Christian fundamentals...hence the multiple scripture passages in our government buildings and the obvious "One Nation, under God" in our pledge and "In God We Trust" on our currency. Gay marriage goes against that 100%.

If you dont like the Christian principles this country is based on, your free to move to a different country also. We shouldnt have to change our laws for 1% of the population. (the amount who consider themselves "same-sex" couples)

Sure, we're a nation of tolerance...to a certain extent.

Our government also says there will be a separation of Church and State
winks.gif
. Therefore, any religious belief is not sound in a Government matter.

I didn't read the article. It was obviously posted by someone with the view that Same Sex Marriage is wrong therefore is most likely not a bias article in the least. Frankly, I think in 50 years this is going to be a none issue, and anyone, gay, straight, whatever, will be given the same rights. And this will be looked at the same way we look back when whites and blacks weren't able to marry. Out of date and we shake our heads at the narrow minded people who honestly believed that was how it SHOULD be. I'm sure many people believed it would be the downfall of society
tong.gif

TISH1124

------------------ > R.u.d.e!! We don't wanna Play!! Call Miss Cali she is looking for friends

Makeup Emporium

Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Abraham Lincoln

I think that certain people seem to forget the equal part. I don't understand why some people still choose to preach intolerance and hatred. Sad...

bcsweetascandy

I am so over the debate on 'gay marriage'...I have no idea why people feel so threatened by it. I'm all for allowing same-sex marriage! I think if some folks are so worried about threatening the institution of marriage, then DIVORCE should be outlawed. Heterosexual couples have already turned marriage into a farce as it is. As far as the moral argument goes, it's not up to the rest of us to judge...that'll be between each individual and God in the end...

florabundance

Quote:

Oh right, so the vast amount of (for example) celebrity marriages that last weeks or months do follow the Christian ideal of marriage?

To quote Tina Modotti:
"I don't believe in marriage. I think at worst it's a hostile political act, a way for small-minded men to keep women in the house and out of the way, wrapped up in the guise of tradition and conservative religious nonsense.
At best, it's a happy delusion - these two people who truly love each other and have no idea how truly miserable they're about to make each other. But, when two people know that, and they decide with eyes wide open to face each other and get married anyway, then I don't think it's conservative or delusional. I think it's radical and courageous and very romantic.
"

ForgetRegret

Quote:

Here's the thing...you're saying that it makes a good point about putting morals and ethics aside..? Exactly WHOSE morals and ethics are we putting aside? Certainly not mine. Ok, one nation under God, in God we trust, yes, we know, the country was founded by primarily Christians...however, look around you. In today's USA, we're not only Christian, we have a multitude of religions and spiritual beliefs here (I'd go so far as to say we probably have at least a small amount of every belief out there...), and the joy and beauty of this country is that we accept everyone, regardless of race, religious belief, gender, or sexual preference. There is no "you must be Christian to enter" sign on the Statue of Liberty, or at Ellis Island.

Personally, I have no problem with gay marriage...and I'm Catholic...maybe not a "good" Catholic by church standards...but I also don't think that God would turn away people who try and do good in their lives, just because they're homosexual. Sorry, I just don't buy it. If God had such a problem with homosexuals, I don't think we would be having this discussion, because no one would be one. Everyone deserves to be happy, and if it means a man falls in love with, and marries another man, then who am I to object to his happiness. It's not my right to stand in the way of his personal joy...frankly, it's not anyone's right, mine, yours, the court system...no one. Another poster mentioned separation of church and state...she hit the nail right on the head...so where, I ask, is this separation of church and state, if the state is not allowing same-sex marriages, based on the philosophies, moral standards, and teachings of the church?

This gay marriage thing can easily turn into a big ridiculous fight on the boards, because understandably, each side is passionate about their beliefs. I think educated debate is perfectly healthy, and great exercise for the mind, however, I think it's important that we keep in mind not to take it too far and begin belittling each other because of their opinions. Remember the other beautiful thing about living here; we have the freedom to our own opinions, and while they may not be the same as your own, keep in mind that we each have a right to them, and at the very least, you should respect that right.

*steps off soapbox*

MrsMay

Quote:

Just curious as to whether you're actually interested in makeup (the primary subject on these forums) or whether you're just dropping in to stir shit (as evidenced in numerous threads where you're pedelling the same message)?

Even though I do have views on this subject (I dont have any issues with same-sex marriage), I'm not going to get any further involved as I know some people have very strong views and I dont want to perhaps spark something off unintentionally

Mabelle

This is so fing offense it's unreal.

The topic of gay marriage has been talked about repeatedly on this forum, and most of the members are all for it or see no problem with it. Many of them are just plain pissed off that homosexuals arent allowed to marry in every state. Obviously we would not agree with this offensive garbage.

IF the OP only joined to shove their moral beliefs now our throats/ stir the pot i highly suggest she leave.

please lock this thread.

Latest posts