WOC: A Tartan Tale

Ms.Lulu

Hopefully I'm not stepping on anybody's toes for starting this thread!
I didn't see one here so hopefully this isn't a duplicate thread!

What does everybody think? The palettes might be okay but I am really excited for the 2 blushes! 'My highland honey' and 'Her blooming cheek'.

I'm afraid MHH might be too similar to 'Peaches' or 'Melba' but I'll probably still buy them anyway!
yes.gif

Ms.Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I hate plaid so I think I'll be skipping this collection.
ssad.gif

I am not a fan of the packaging either!
But I feel like I 'need' the two blushes!
sneaky.gif

honybr

I'll just be sticking with the pearlglides. Undercurrent, Black Line, and Black Swan. Maybe Lord it Up but I'm going to need to see swatches on darker skin first.

2browneyes

Can't really make up my mind yet. I was eyeing one of the palettes and a mini gloss set...maybe the pigments from the color collection. Maybe I'll just do the pigments and wait till the minis and palettes hit the CCO.

Face2Mac

I will be getting the neutral palette b/c I am taking a chance of that palette hitting my CCO, the neutral ones are always scarce and the colorful ones hit my CCO.

I like the look of the pigments but I just don't want to deal with the glitter even wet.

HeavenLeiBlu

GOTTA get backups of Undercurrent ( thank you, MAC!) and Petrol Blue. Maybe black Swan and HBC. I gotta see those in person.

HATE plaids, so I can pass on everything else.

spectrolite

I plan on getting:

Moonlight Night Pigment
The Family Crest Pigment
Her Blooming Cheek Blush
My Highland Honey Blush
Black Swan Pearlglide

I stopped buying the holiday palettes in 2006. I just never use them.

Icecaramellatte

I like a lot this year. I only bought the MSF kit last year and I got it after the holidays. Nothing really caught my eye. I think Curiositease? or was it Antiquitease was my last holiday shopping. I bought a lip and an eye palette.

I like:
-all the single shadows
-My Family Crest Pigment
-Moonlight Night Pigment
-Black Swan Pearlglide
-Lord it up Pearlglide
-My Highland Honey if it isn't too light
-I like all of the eye palettes but I agree that they will probably end up at the outlets so I have to see which ones I can wait on.

Luiza_T

I'm not planning on buying a lot of stuff. Only Cut a Caper l/s, MHH blush if it isn't too close to Cantaloupe blush (Pro), and 1 or 2 pigments.

RedRibbon

Wow, it's interesting to read how people would skip products because the packaging doesn't agree with their taste. I never thought packaging played such a big part..

It's interesting to me to note that a lot of people disliked the VV packaging when it was first seen on blogs but now everyone seems to be buying it, maybe the same will be true of this?

Also, are there photos and swatches of the Tartan Tale colletion available online? Can someone link me up if they are as I quite like the look of the palettes.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Wow, it's interesting to read how people would skip products because the packaging doesn't agree with their taste. I never thought packaging played such a big part..

It's interesting to me to note that a lot of people disliked the VV packaging when it was first seen on blogs but now everyone seems to be buying it, maybe the same will be true of this?

It depends on the person. Some people are hoarders -- easily influenced by hype and online enabling; they'd probably buy 3-day-old poop if it came encased in a black box with MAC on the top, and folks on Spectra said it was a "must have".
shockt.gif

For me, if I hate the packaging then I don't purchase the product because being en vogue in accordance to my own personal style is important to me. That's why I haven't purchased Urban Decay's Mattifying Powder:
41x3EW5Bq-L.jpg

I couldn't carry a neon purple compact in my purse everyday.
thmbdn.gif

I hate plaid, and I'm not a particular fan of Scottish culture so any/all products with plaid packaging are a "no". It's not just the packaging though. I hate mini-lipglasses (prefer full-sized) so those are a "no". I don't use pigments so that's a "no". I don't like MAC's nail polish formulation, and I don't need any brushes. And the blushes aren't unique IMO.

I'll be the 1st to admit that I'm picky and hard-to-please regarding makeup/fashion. I skip the majority of MAC's collections.
cry.gif

lovely333

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon

Also, are there photos and swatches of the Tartan Tale colletion available online? Can someone link me up if they are as I quite like the look of the palettes.

Look in the swatch forum

sss215

Not sure yet. Maybe a pigment. The Family Crest is pretty, but it reminds me a little of NARS Mekong. So I don't know if I will haul it. I may haul Later, since I passed on it during Alice and Olivia. Other than that, meh. I would like to save for Peacocky and a few items from Cham Pale.

Too much MAC overload right now too, rather save for the Sephora F&F sale later this month.

So much of last year's holiday is at the CCO right now. If I am itching for a palette, I can go there.

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
It depends on the person. Some people are hoarders -- easily influenced by hype and online enabling; they'd probably buy 3-day-old poop if it came encased in a black box with MAC on the top, and folks on Spectra said it was a "must have".
shockt.gif

I've noticed that also.
shockt.gif
That's why if I miss something in the stores, I just keep an eye out for it in the Sale/Swap section. Once the hype moves onto something else, their eyes are opened and they are ready to let things go.

Ashleybubbles83

Pearlglide Intense eye liner US$14.50
Black Swan- black with pearl
Lord it Up- bronze with pearl

Dazzleglass Creme US $18
Radiant Jewels- dark sparkly magenta

that's all i want...not a fan of plaids...plus i'm really trying to save for PEACOCKY!!!!

DILLIGAF

Last years holiday collection palettes disappointed me big time. The size and quality were subpar in my opinion. I got some pigments and a few other things from the CCOs earlier in this year. I don't care for the packaging and those two things will make this collection a skip for me. Though I may need a back up of Undercurrent pearlglide but thats about it.

saviisneat

So far I'm interested in:

Cut-a-Caper l/s
Soft Dazzle l/g
The Family Crest piggie
6 dashing lassie eyeshadows
maybe one of the brush sets

I'm not in LOVE with this collection but there are some things that I really want.

Latest posts