WOC: A Tartan Tale

blazeno.8

I went ahead and put up some pigment and lipstick swatches in the swatch thread. For reference, the skin on my arm is a lot cooler and slightly lighter than the skin on my face for those of you who've seen my FOTDs and want to make a comparison that way.

Soul Unique

I think she was referring to My Highland Honey as being ashy - lol

As for HBC it really does look like Full Fuchsia, its a shame that there isn't any CCOs near London! I'll have to do a comparison once this collection arrives at PRO store, I wonder why it is being discontinued??

wow. she said the pink blush Her Blooming Cheek was ashy. it looks just like full fuchsia blush, so try to get that before its gone. It at the CCO also.

NLoveW630

My Highland Honey is very ASHY..I swatched it and sad to say, I walked away from it..get Peaches Blush if you really need that color or color type in your life.
The Pink one Her Blooming Cheek is really HOT..me likey..nice and matted...
As for the palettes, unless you are a newbie go right ahead..have at them..but if you are an old addict like myself, been there, done that...pass on them..nothing new under the sun..keep it moving, it's a wrap..

The Pigments are POP, BaM..Boom when used wet..The Family Crest is very rich in texture and color..a little goes a very long way..
Moon Light Night..makes me wanna shout..lift my hands up and shout...
Both of these pigges are nice for evening wear, a night out on the town. I've notice Mac is making these babies with a black base..smokey eye here I come.

The PearGlides..are ok..I don't wear too much eyeliner..my eyes water...boo,boo
But they are pretty as a base if that's your thing..

Oh, let me address the plastic bristles on the brushes...*****enough said..I say invest in some regular ones..these are not worth the price, unless you just want the bag..
Sorry, the store didn't have in the mini lippies, yet but I'd probably pass on them..wait till they get to a local CCO..

The single eyeshadows..nice feel, creamy, dupeable..like I said if you are an old timer like me..you'll have some of these colors in your collections.

Semi-Precious..reminds me of Hepcat..maybe not at deep in color when you swatch it, but once you apply the e/s to your eyes with your base, you will see what I'm talking about..but if you MUST have..do the thang..

Glamora Castle..hmmmm, how can I put this in words....****unless you like blue greys..or just want it for your collections..GET IT..I just love this color..Greys never go out of style..such a humble color..sitting there waiting on me...this color can be used as a washed or under any reflects pigments..

The rest of the single e/s are ok...I may have to check out the coral one again..I'm trying to figure out if I've seen that color somewhere before..I've checked a few of my MES, to see if I see it...Help me on this one..if you know the answer..please share it with a sista..

As for the lipsticks and the DG..I've seen those before..just different textures....so, I have nothing to say on those..

I want the Bears..they are soooo cute..but I have to pass on them..my light bill is due..hehehehe

So, I'm going to get
Glamora Castle
The Family Crest
Moon Light Night
Her Blooming Cheek

User38

HH is a good colour for very light skins -- after a 3.0 level, you are asking for ashy tones.. or very little colour deposit
nope.gif

miagirl07

Are the pigment vials still 2.5 gms each? In that case the pigment sets are pretty good value. I might get one pigment set and one single e/s. I'll get the palettes from the CCO. I love the plaid design, but not that excited about the colors.

blazeno.8

My Highland Honey is very ASHY..I swatched it and sad to say, I walked away from it..get Peaches Blush if you really need that color or color type in your life.
The Pink one Her Blooming Cheek is really HOT..me likey..nice and matted...

I thought that HBC was satin. It doesn't appear as matte as colors like Blunt on me.

I am letting this collection pass me by... the only exception may be the pigments simply because I don't own any and theses seem like a good value to try
smiles.gif

I think I will let those pass too or see if I ca finagle them as an xmas gift...
smiles.gif

DILLIGAF

I know I know I was going to skip this collection but I swatched Her Blooming Cheek Today @ Nordstroms and I have to say I like it! I like it A LOT!!!! So yea I got one thing from this collection. However Im sure this will be the ONLY thing I get.

Adnegveill35

For those of you who were talking about the dupes for HBC, would anyone mind telling me what they are? Love this color! TIA

sss215

i am totally skipping this collection. i was thinking about the liners, but i am just not a big eyeliner person and unless something miraculous happens about that, i am passing this collection.

i really thought the pigments would speak to me as well, but no. palettes are leaving much to be desired cause everything is not as pigmented as it should be.

i love the plaid bags. reminds me of my uniform days. the fabric is nice and heavy on them too!

Soul Unique

I hear you, I think i'll end up with perhaps just the family crest - and perhaps HBC blush and call it a day. I like the liners, but my eyes water and i'm reading all sorts about watery/itchy eyes and what not - I love my eyesight [so not fussing if I miss out]. I would love one of those bags - but not too fond of any of the products which come with so that looks like a pass, thought i'd get a lipglass set too - that was until I saw the Nars lipgloss set lol!

The wait for this collections release is really starting to drag over here. I feel that as soon as this collection makes its rounds globally, we are going to get info overload with all the other collections.
i am totally skipping this collection. i was thinking about the liners, but i am just not a big eyeliner person and unless something miraculous happens about that, i am passing this collection.

i really thought the pigments would speak to me as well, but no. palettes are leaving much to be desired cause everything is not as pigmented as it should be.

i love the plaid bags. reminds me of my uniform days. the fabric is nice and heavy on them too!

Sass

OK so after I read through this thread my list has gotten smaller...honestly, I've been more focused on my Sephora shopping cart than this holiday collection. I just need to get the little Teddy Bear and keep it moving.

I have been buying lipstick like crazy and I feel like I want more so I --MIGHT-- give a couple of those a look see and I want a couple of DGCs (Gone Romancin' and Passing Fancy) because I like those and I currently only own two aaaaaand they are running out. I think I like Style Clan nail polish, but if it's not amazing I'll skip it because I have several polishes in my Sephora cart of course.

It's either $18.00 (a little less with Sephora FF) for Stila Kajal liner in Sapphire (I've been wanting this forever) or $14.50 for Petrol Blue...still thinking on this one. My eyes are small so I'm wanting a blue liner that will go on kind of thick and show...I don't own one yet.

DILLIGAF

I learned the hard way that pearlglide liners are not waterline safe! Other than that they should be ok to use on other areas of the eye. Just keep them away from that waterline!

gabi03

I picked up Family Crest pigment, the Reelers and Rockers eye palette (the colors are too stunning to pass up), and 2 of the pearlglide liners.

And um, when did all the prices jump up, I paid $20 for a pigment and 16.50 for my eyeliners, I don't remember them costing that much...i really just feel like buying MUFE from now on if MAC is going to keep jumping up with these prices.

sss215

I tried MHH and the MUA applied fix on my face first. She applied the blush and it barely showed up. I really like the color, i just need something more pigmented.