WOC: A Tartan Tale

bevcita

I'm eyeing the pearlglides since the ones I have are just pure love to me. Maybe my first pigment but that's it. I'm still pretty broke right now so I don't have a choice.

captodometer

I do have an affinity for all things Scottish, so the packaging doesn't bother me. I was even able to recognize a couple of the tartan patterns on the packaging, LOL.

I like all the eyeshadow palettes except Play It Cool. But I don't think any of them are all that unique; I will probably just wait for them to show up at the CCO next year. I do like the new pigment colors, but I don't really wear loose pigments so I might just skip those too.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
I do have an affinity for all things Scottish, so the packaging doesn't bother me. I was even able to recognize a couple of the tartan patterns on the packaging, LOL.

I like all the eyeshadow palettes except Play It Cool. But I don't think any of them are all that unique; I will probably just wait for them to show up at the CCO next year. I do like the new pigment colors, but I don't really wear loose pigments so I might just skip those too.

What is the green one? If you know. I would love to know.
I used to wear that plaid in my elementary school uniform. I went to a catholic school.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Wow, it's interesting to read how people would skip products because the packaging doesn't agree with their taste. I never thought packaging played such a big part..

LOL. for the most part, I didn't understand that either until now, but honestly packaging still is like, the last factor I consider if at all. I just REALLY REALLY HATE PLAIDS, LOL. I was going to get that one palette with Vainglorious and decided it was cheaper and made more sense for my personal taste to just get it as a single shadow from the VV collection. Thankfully, there's not much funny business you can print onto pearlglides!

Ashleybubbles83

it wasn't so much the packaging for me, i mean i'm not into plaids, but aside from that, there wasn't anything that screamed BUY ME, other than the two newest pearglides. the shadows are just, eh, to me. but i definitely understand how packaging can play a big part in whether there's an increase in people wanting something or not...

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
What is the green one? If you know. I would love to know.
I used to wear that plaid in my elementary school uniform. I went to a catholic school.

I believe that it's the Stuart hunting tartan.

BadBadGirl

I like plaid, I just don't like how they items have 3 different patterns on one object. Reminds me more of the colorblocking fad from years ago.

I'm going to be wearing Undercurrent all week once I get my hands on it.

MAChostage

Last years holiday collection palettes disappointed me big time. The size and quality were subpar in my opinion. I got some pigments and a few other things from the CCOs earlier in this year. I don't care for the packaging and those two things will make this collection a skip for me. Though I may need a back up of Undercurrent pearlglide but thats about it.
I hear ya. I still have a backup of Undercurrent from the last go around, but I think I need another of Black Line. Glad they repromoted some.

Soul Unique

I think i'll just purchase:

The Family Crest
Black Line
Undercurrent

I really want a bag, however still trying to justify buying one of the lip/pigment sets, when its not for the items included.

Her Blooming Cheek, I love but I think I may give it a miss, afterall its just a bright pink blush.

Sweexy985

I'm eyeing moonlight night pigment something crazy.

I wouldn't mind one of the lippie trios either. Maybe the rose colored one. You can never have too many rose lipsticks.

And I really like some of the brush sets but I'll have to check out the quality of them in person.

I'm actually pretty excited for this collection. The bigger the collection, the better, I say. lol

sss215

I think i'll just purchase:

The Family Crest
Black Line
Undercurrent

I really want a bag, however still trying to justify buying one of the lip/pigment sets, when its not for the items included.

Her Blooming Cheek, I love but I think I may give it a miss, afterall its just a bright pink blush.
HBC looks like Full Fuchsia.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I actually really like the packaging. I guess I am one of the few here who likes plaid, a lot. If I were that type of buyer, the packaging would probably be the only reason I got any of the palettes. But I am not a big Holiday Palette person. I only have one, from last year, and I could live without it to be honest. We'll see about the color collection though.

she

i think the collection is fine- glad the pearlglides are back. i want both blushes- gotta swatch my highland honey first. also interested in seeing how the face kits look on brown skin (not sure if they are all repromotes). was expecting a little more with the lip colors but i may snatch up full fuschia.

BeautyByLele

I went into MAC today and pre-ordered :

The Family Crest p/m
Undercurrent (very pretty!!) PGL
Radient Jewels DGC
Passing Fancy DGC

Thats it Im done w/ this collection !!!!

blazeno.8

Oy I really want to share what I got and my general impressions, but I have been having so much trouble with the new site. >: (
I ended up getting Her Blooming Cheek, Semi-Precious, Full Fuchsia, Radiant Jewel, and the blue pigment (I can't scroll up to check the name because when I click out of the text box I can't come back and edit what I've written).

I also have some pictures up of the products, but I plan to do some more looks soon with what I picked up yesterday.

Ashleybubbles83

the nail polish set looks appealing, but i've already preordered the two new pearlglides and the radiant jewels DG, other than that, bring on PEACOCKY!!! lol