WOC: Blush Ombres from Spring Colour Forecast

Ashleybubbles83

ok WOC,

be real with me. in your opinion, which blush ombres are must haves?

i need to know now before i offer my left leg for ripe peach...

thanks in advance!

openexpression

IMO...Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom. I would've gotten Vibrant Grape also but I already have Dirty Plum, On A Mission, Lovecrush and a few other purple/lilac-y blushes. Azalea Blossom is truly unique and Ripe Peach is just beautiful. HTH!

Chillicat14

Quote:
Originally Posted by openexpression
IMO...Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom. I would've gotten Vibrant Grape also but I already have Dirty Plum, On A Mission, Lovecrush and a few other purple/lilac-y blushes. Azalea Blossom is truly unique and Ripe Peach is just beautiful. HTH!

I agree. Azalea Blossom is unique and beautiful.
th_worship.gif
And Ripe Peach is gorgeous as well.
thmbup.gif
Vibrant Grape looks good too. The least amusing to me was Springshine :/.

Chillicat14

btw this is me wearing azalea blossom. it's has a pretty pink finish. If you're still very undecided, try to try them on before purchasing them! (;

carrie3579

The only one I regret buying out of the 4 blush ombre's is Springshine. So I would recommend Ripe Peach, Azalea Blossom, and Vintage Grape.

Lapis

Vintage Grape and Ripe Peach are the stand outs for WOC, my mac manager and I talked about it and I was able to swatch all of them, when I went in

Azalea Blossom isn't anything special to me from the swatch I did but if you don't have many pink blushes it may fill a hole in your collection, the lighter skinned MUA's liked Azalea Blossom second to Ripe Peach, then VG, while the dark skinned MUA had it as VG-RP-AB-SS
Springshine was just blah it was the bottom of everyone's list.

Lovey99

I would suggest Ripe Peach and Vintage Grape. I returned Azalea Blossom. The color is not really suitable for the NW45+ types. It is a very faint/ashy color when applied.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleybubbles83
ok WOC,

be real with me. in your opinion, which blush ombres are must haves?

i need to know now before i offer my left leg for ripe peach...

thanks in advance!

I ADORE my Azalea Blossom and Vintage Grape is pretty, also. I didn't bother with Ripe Peach b/c I have a similar color. I am interested in RP, but I'm not gonna spend a crazy amount of money to get my hands on it. Ultimately, I don't think it's worth it. It's not some untouchable, rare product.

gabi03

I would say Ripe Peach and Vintage Grape. What I like the most is that the colors have little to no shimmer in them, so i can have color on my cheeks without the sheen. And technically you've got 3 shades in one
smiles.gif
But honestly as gorgeous as Ripe Peach is, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it.

captodometer

Ripe Peach barely even showed up on me. I definitely wouldn't pay the arm and a leg that most people are asking for it.

Vintage Grape didn't really seem any different than Dirty Plum blush, which I already have.

I didn't try the other two.

NubianHoneii

I have to say the only one that really fit me in the store was Vintage Grape. Im NC 50 and the other ones were either barely there, or gave me an ashy look rather then a flushed color. If you are in NY and still looking for these blushes, I know the Macy's in Palisades Center Mall still has them all.

blackmetalmist

I love Azalea Blossom but im NC 35-37 so that works... However my sister is NC 45 and Vintage Grape looks soo good on her so i just gave her that one. Vintage grape was a tad too dark on my skin but on her darker skin it looks very good. Definitely give Vintage Grape a try.

LoveMyMakeup

I have all but Springshine and I wear NC25-30. Ripe peach is definetely a must for me but like someone else mentioned, I would NOT pay more than $30. This color can be duplicated
smiles.gif
Can every color?!

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Vintage Grape and Ripe Peach are the stand outs for WOC, my mac manager and I talked about it and I was able to swatch all of them, when I went in

Azalea Blossom isn't anything special to me from the swatch I did but if you don't have many pink blushes it may fill a hole in your collection, the lighter skinned MUA's liked Azalea Blossom second to Ripe Peach, then VG, while the dark skinned MUA had it as VG-RP-AB-SS
Springshine was just blah it was the bottom of everyone's list.

i tend to agree with Lapis, i think your favorites would depend on whether you're light-skinned or dark-skinned. for me personally, i prefer Azalea Blossom and Ripe Peach and i'm NC45. while Vintage Grape is a lovely color, it just looks okay on me + i can get the same effect with Dirty Plum.

i've noticed that many of the people that love Vintage Grape are darker than I am and on darker skinned women it looks way better than it does on me. same with Ripe Peach & Azalea Blossom, most lighter-skinned women are really feeling these colors, whereas darker skinned women don't feel they give enough color or look ashy on their skin.

i think Sprinshine is the only one i didn't even bother looking at. it just didn't WOW me and it looked like it would blend into my skin and i have enough bronzers and face powders.

i would suggest going to your local MAC counter/store and testing each one before buying to see which ones work with your complexion.

Ashleybubbles83

thanks everyone for your input!!!

i have vintage grape, and it looks amazing on me! i have dirty plum as well even though i kinda don't need it...

i have springshine as well and i haven't used it yet, but i guess it doesn't hurt to have another bronzer...

i guess i still want to try azalea blossom and ripe peach, even though i've heard everyone's stories...

if anyone out there is like me, you never really stop lusting over a product until you've seen it for yourself and have decided "yes it's perfect" or "no, it's not gonna work..."

sdtjefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniCakes
I love Vintage Grape and I am in the middle, a C7. The other ones didn't impress me that much.

I'm with DaniCakes on this one. I went to the store with every intention of picking up RP because peach blush is my go to. But RP looked so much like what I have that I'm sure I can dupe that. Plus the frenzy for it is making me crazy I will be glad for the next "must have" to come along already. For me VG stood out the most because it is what I wanted On a Mission to be.

GlamQueen21

I have all four blush ombres and I love them equally! Today I wore Springshine on my cheeks and I absolutely love it! On Saturday, I wore Azalea Blossom as highlight and Ripe Peach on my cheeks. The combo is awesome! I even wore Vintage Grape on my cheeks and I love it! I will have to try it with On A Mission as highlight with VG soon.

Latest posts