WOC: Blush Ombres from Spring Colour Forecast

fabbygurl21

I'm NW50 and I looooove Vintage Grape. I'm glad I was able to find it online, cause it was sold out everywhere in stores.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I have all four blush ombres and I love them equally! Today I wore Springshine on my cheeks and I absolutely love it! On Saturday, I wore Azalea Blossom as highlight and Ripe Peach on my cheeks. The combo is awesome! I even wore Vintage Grape on my cheeks and I love it! I will have to try it with On A Mission as highlight with VG soon.

I would need to see Azalea Blossom on you. I have yet to see anyone that is NW45+ that looks good in that blush. It has an ashy overcast.

iaisha26

ITA I brought them all except Azalea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
I would suggest Ripe Peach and Vintage Grape. I returned Azalea Blossom. The color is not really suitable for the NW45+ types. It is a very faint/ashy color when applied.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmetalmist
I love Azalea Blossom but im NC 35-37 so that works... However my sister is NC 45 and Vintage Grape looks soo good on her so i just gave her that one. Vintage grape was a tad too dark on my skin but on her darker skin it looks very good. Definitely give Vintage Grape a try.

haha i'm Nw35 in the winter & NW40-42 in the summer. does that mean i have to have both :x HAHA! im such a MAC addict
ssad.gif

kittykit

I'm NC35 and I tried both Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom yesterday. They're both lovely colours.

2browneyes

RP was the only ombre I got until I read comments on here about VG. I love RP! VG looks good on as well but I didn't have anything like RP so I'm especially fond of it
love.gif

I don't think u should pay a crazy amount of $ 4 RP....especially when things are appearing @ the CCO within a relatively short amount of time.

Blushbaby

What is RP similar to in the perm line? I'm going to MAC tomorrow to get one (or two) of the blushes before they sell out.

Oh and is it true that the gradual fade effect is only on the top layer of the blushes??

mrslovejoy

Am I the only one who likes Springshine? I had the MA try RP & SS on me, and I absolutely fell in love with SS as a contouring/highlighting blush. RP was nothing special, and I felt like it could be duped. I'm NC45-50 for reference. I also love VG as a contour and blush all-in-one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
What is RP similar to in the perm line? I'm going to MAC tomorrow to get one (or two) of the blushes before they sell out.

Oh and is it true that the gradual fade effect is only on the top layer of the blushes??

The gradual fade is throughout the blush. There's a light shimmery overspray that is on the top layer of the blushes, which goes away after the first two uses.

Ashleybubbles83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2browneyes
RP was the only ombre I got until I read comments on here about VG. I love RP! VG looks good on as well but I didn't have anything like RP so I'm especially fond of it
love.gif

I don't think u should pay a crazy amount of $ 4 RP....especially when things are appearing @ the CCO within a relatively short amount of time.

i am getting a cp for RP and Azalea...should have them in about a week. can't wait to try.

Quote:

i haven't heard if anyone found a dupe for RP...i honestly think the peachy blush coming out in the summer launch could be one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslovejoy
Am I the only one who likes Springshine? I had the MA try RP & SS on me, and I absolutely fell in love with SS as a contouring/highlighting blush. RP was nothing special, and I felt like it could be duped. I'm NC45-50 for reference. I also love VG as a contour and blush all-in-one.

i like my springshine...i think its a great neutral blush for WOC.

Blushbaby

Ok, so I bought Ripe Peach and Azaela Blossom today. I swatched Springsheen and Style against Ripe Peach and it stood out, so that justified another peach blush purchase.

I love Azalea Blossom - pretty! VG just didn't do it for me and I've never really been attracted to Dirty Plum blush either so that was a no-no for me.

The rest of the collection looked pretty meh, I didn't buy or want anything else.

@macartists on Twitter are hinting that the Ombre Blushes could be permanent too.

Lovey99

Quote:
Ok, so I bought Ripe Peach and Azaela Blossom today. I swatched Springsheen and Style against Ripe Peach and it stood out, so that justified another peach blush purchase.

I love Azalea Blossom - pretty! VG just didn't do it for me and I've never really been attracted to Dirty Plum blush either so that was a no-no for me.

The rest of the collection looked pretty meh, I didn't buy or want anything else.

@macartists on Twitter are hinting that the Ombre Blushes could be permanent too.

@macartists are not real MAC artists. @macartists are not affiliated with MAC.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
@macartists are not real MAC artists. @macartists are not affiliated with MAC.

I figured they weren't MUA's but they tweet as if they're sat at HQ and reel off info that's pretty legit.

Either way, we'll soon see if they're eventually reintroduced as a perm item or not.

blackmetalmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
haha i'm Nw35 in the winter & NW40-42 in the summer. does that mean i have to have both :x HAHA! im such a MAC addict
ssad.gif

lol ,you know what, you might have to ! I was actually given NW35 foundation and that was too orange for skintone but when i did wear it for that week (i had to wait to weekend to return it for a correct color) i did try azalea blossom on top and it definitely did not show up very good. I have to really swirl my 165 in there to make my blush pop with color. I can definitely see you picking up vintage grape while you can (maybe online) and using that one for the summer. Just use a light hand and you should be ok !
thmbup.gif

Miss Virtue

I picked up RP, AB and VG!

Out of the three VG is my fav so far!
drools.gif

Still on the fence about AB! Bought it just so I wouldn't have to hunt it down at a later date!

Ario2323

Vintage Grape with a light hand is just perfection!!!! The mac artist was showing me the neutral one (cant remember the name) but I looked at the Vintage Grape one and blurted "I want this one!". She was looking at me crazy but oh well, I don't regret getting it! It would be a dream come true if the ombres become permanent!!!

she

i'd love it if they made RP part of the perm collection but am looking forward to finding a dupe once i start to run low. it was exactly what i was looking for, it's not intense color but perfect for layering and giving off a peachy highlight.

Ashleybubbles83

ok, so i am definitely over Azalea Blossom. Went to my MAC counter and begged the MA to let me look at the sample one, which they'd had hidden behind the counter because they didn't have any to sell, and then i asked if she wouldn't mind applying it on me to see how it would look...and I swear when she handed me a mirror to look, I said "you did apply it, right? with a blush brush???" I swear it didn't show on me...if it did, it was very faintly...

and i'm NW 50 for reference.

so yeah, over Azalea Blossom.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by she
i'd love it if they made RP part of the perm collection but am looking forward to finding a dupe once i start to run low. it was exactly what i was looking for, it's not intense color but perfect for layering and giving off a peachy highlight.

I like Ripe Peach a lot, however it is very similar to the NARS family of peach/apricot blushes (Gina, Gilda, and Amour, with Amour being the deepest). I think Gina would be a good dupe color wise, but it is going to have more coverage and pigment whereas RP has more of the finish/effect of a BPB.

And I agree with others who left Azalea right where it was. I swatched it on my hand it it was like a light cotton candy/bubble gum pink. Just too light for my complexion. Springshine barely showed up, but wasn't doing anything (good or bad) for me. So I got VG (I love!) and RP.

La Dolce Diva

I almost passed out today when I went to find an item, looked, and saw that we had been restocked in blush ombre! I already have Azalea Blossom and you'd better believe that Ripe Peach will be mine tomorrow!!!! ::rubs hands together greedily::.

IMHO, this is the only one that meets a need that hasn't already been met for me. Azalea Blossom- check; I needed a bubblegum cheek and this does it for me. VG is gorgeous, but I can't see myself wearing often (and I can just do Dirty Plum to satisfy my purple urges); and Springshine is cute, but for all that, I can just do Golden bronzer....

Blushbaby

I've changed my mind about AB, I don't like it much anymore. I managed to get a back up of Ripe Peach though, so good times!