WOC: Colour Craft

chocolategoddes

I got Warm Blend yesterday and I wasn't too thrilled when I tried it on at home, but then I expirimented with Warm Blend today and I kinda wish MAC would have just released an MSF of only the top highlight color. OMG I love it!!!
The other two strips are a bit "meh" imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO
I'm loving WARM BLEND used on my eyes: lid, crease and highlight. Has anyone else experimented with it this way?

Yeah, I'm wearing that right now. I like using the gold color as a soft wash over my entire lid. I prefer it on my eyes than on my face.

Icecaramellatte

Help! The SA gave me 2 Cheeky Bronzes. I was supposed to get Sunny By Nature. I have to go exchange it tomorrow. So which Cheeky Bronze should I keep again?
th_confused_new.gif
One with a lot of veining or a little. I'm too sleepy to read all the posts. I'm annoyed. I was really hoping to use Sunny By Nature as a bronzer tomorrow. I wish Mac had a better check out system because this has happened a lot to me.

Anyway....I got:

2 Cheeky Bronze msf
Warm Blend msf
Smooth Merge msf
Triple Fusion
Cheek and Cheerful blush
Hand-Finish blush
Improvise blush
Nice-Mix up l/g

I wanted the 131 but it was sold out. I went to another MAC store and they were sold out as well.

I had Girlish Romp on my list but the peach just looked whitish on me. I did like the purple shades but I don't wear those colors much. I may get it anyway and step out of my comfort zone a bit.

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
Help! The SA gave me 2 Cheeky Bronzes. I was supposed to get Sunny By Nature. I have to go exchange it tomorrow. So which Cheeky Bronze should I keep again?
th_confused_new.gif
One with a lot of veining or a little. I'm too sleepy to read all the posts. I'm annoyed. I was really hoping to use Sunny By Nature as a bronzer tomorrow. I wish Mac had a better check out system because this has happened a lot to me.

Anyway....I got:

2 Cheeky Bronze msf
Warm Blend msf
Smooth Merge msf
Triple Fusion
Cheek and Cheerful blush
Hand-Finish blush
Improvise blush
Nice-Mix up l/g

I wanted the 131 but it was sold out. I went to another MAC store and they were sold out as well.

I had Girlish Romp on my list but the peach just looked whitish on me. I did like the purple shades but I don't wear those colors much. I may get it anyway and step out of my comfort zone a bit.

Oh you got some good stuff!! I think that you would want just a little bit of veining because that is what's causing the glitter bomb effect.
yes.gif

I figured that the 131 and 226 were going to sell out quickly so I ordered mine online and finally received it today!
th_DANCE.gif
I also recieved a free Zoom Lash mascara with the 79LASH code. I can't wait for the brushes to dry so that I can start playing with them and see if the 131 is really great with the MSF's. Will update!

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha5150
Oh you got some good stuff!! I think that you would want just a little bit of veining because that is what's causing the glitter bomb effect.
yes.gif

I figured that the 131 and 226 were going to sell out quickly so I ordered mine online and finally received it today!
th_DANCE.gif
I also recieved a free Zoom Lash mascara with the 79LASH code. I can't wait for the brushes to dry so that I can start playing with them and see if the 131 is really great with the MSF's. Will update!

I'm ordering the brush online. As far as Cheeky Bronze, Hmm...one CB has big chunks of glitter on one side but the other one has veining scattered throughout but much less of it. I guess I'll go with the one that has less. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks.

TISH1124

^^ I would try them both....when you return they are going to recycle it anyway so you may as well try both and keep the the one you like best....

sweetie

Which brush is everyone using with Sunny by Nature. I can't get it to show up on me. I'm C7 in studiofix powder right now.

Thanks

TISH1124

I use 138 or 129 and it shows it very well on me....I have been wearing it as Blush for the past 3-4 days

spectrolite

Got my Colour Craft goodies yesterday and I got the chance to try out a few things today. I am in LOVE with Sunny By Nature MSF.
love.gif
It makes me glow! It's really subtle and not sparkly which makes it perfect for an all over powder. I think if you have golden to orange undertones then you should definitely give it a go! It is seriously lovely.

I also tried out Fashion Patch eye shadow quad. I was a bit iffy about it at first. When I did some initial swatches I wasn't overly impressed but this morning I tried the different colours over various bases and with a wet brush and got a much, much better result. Tomorrow I'm going to give Natural Flare and Style Demon blush a shot. It's so much fun experimenting with new products!
th_DANCE.gif

Here is a link to my swatches: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/m...ml#post1724105

Twinkle_Twinkle

I finally made it out to mall to look at the Colour Craft Collection and I am glad I got there when I did. There were only two Warm Blend's left so I snatched those up and got also got Improvise MB which was a surprise but it looks great as a highlight or over other blushes. Style Demon, while pretty, reminded me too much of Merrily and Fad-Dabulous is pretty but nothing I had to have, still if it is still there the next time I make it out to the mall I might pick it up. I am so proud of myself for resisting the other MSF's. The MA was really helpful and basically said that Warm Blend was the only must have. Still, if you have want more MSF action Sunny By Nature (which wasn't wow to me) and Cheeky Bronze (which almost came home with me) are the others that I would look at as a WOC.

Also, am I the only one not in love with the finish of the MB's? They are okay depending on what you are trying to do with them, but they are so frosty and sheeny and they almost look oily...I don't know, maybe that's why I have so few of them. Anyway, just my thoughts.

jojo_makeuplvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I finally made it out to mall to look at the Colour Craft Collection and I am glad I got there when I did. There were only two Warm Blend's left so I snatched those up and got also got Improvise MB which was a surprise but it looks great as a highlight or over other blushes. Style Demon, while pretty, reminded me too much of Merrily and Fad-Dabulous is pretty but nothing I had to have, still if it is still there the next time I make it out to the mall I might pick it up. I am so proud of myself for resisting the other MSF's. The MA was really helpful and basically said that Warm Blend was the only must have. Still, if you have want more MSF action Sunny By Nature (which wasn't wow to me) and Cheeky Bronze (which almost came home with me) are the others that I would look at as a WOC.

Also, am I the only one not in love with the finish of the MB's? They are okay depending on what you are trying to do with them, but they are so frosty and sheeny and they almost look oily...I don't know, maybe that's why I have so few of them. Anyway, just my thoughts.

I have been debating on what to get and analyzing swatches. I found your comment helpful because I was leaning towards Sunny by Nature, Warm Blend, Cheeky Bronze and Fandabulous. I think I will just get Warm Blend and Sunny by Nature. We shall see. Thanks

Twinkle_Twinkle

I have really been trying to be good about Colour Craft but lemmings for Fad-Dabulous and Sunny By Nature are lingering. How essential is Sunny By Nature (I'm NW45 for reference)? I've read that is gives a nice "glow" but I need some further convincing (or dissuading). And for those who got the brush, how do you like it? Is it a must have?

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I have really been trying to be good about Colour Craft but lemmings for Fad-Dabulous and Sunny By Nature are lingering. How essential is Sunny By Nature (I'm NW45 for reference)? I've read that is gives a nice "glow" but I need some further convincing (or dissuading). And for those who got the brush, how do you like it? Is it a must have?

^I'm Nw45ish as well and I just bought a 2nd Sunny By Nature. I might even get a 3rd one because I love it that much. I don't think that Mac has released an MSF with this sort of texture before apart from the MSF naturals. It's like MSF Natural Dark but with some "Oommph" to it
smiles.gif
There is no chunkly obnoxious glitter - just subtle and wearable pearl particles that make you "glow" and seem to make my skin look really even and flawless. So yeah, if it is within your budget and you ask me its 100% essential.

I picked up the 131 last weekend and so far I've only tried it for blush. I like it for blush heaps better than the 187. It's smaller and easier to control and I'm looking forward to trying it with my Studio Sculpt foundation. While it is a really nice brush I don't think it's essential if you already have a blush and foundation brush. Then again - I can't recall a time where I've purchased a Mac brush and then regretted it.
winks.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite

^I'm Nw45ish as well and I just bought a 2nd Sunny By Nature. I might even get a 3rd one because I love it that much. I don't think that Mac has released an MSF with this sort of texture before apart from the MSF naturals. It's like MSF Natural Dark but with some "Oommph" to it
smiles.gif
There is no chunkly obnoxious glitter - just subtle and wearable pearl particles that make you "glow" and seem to make my skin look really even and flawless. So yeah, if it is within your budget and you ask me its 100% essential.

I picked up the 131 last weekend and so far I've only tried it for blush. I like it for blush heaps better than the 187. It's smaller and easier to control and I'm looking forward to trying it with my Studio Sculpt foundation. While it is a really nice brush I don't think it's essential if you already have a blush and foundation brush. Then again - I can't recall a time where I've purchased a Mac brush and then regretted it.
winks.gif

I agree with your description of Sunny by Nature. the texture is awesome.. I would compare it to the sugar sweet msfs in how smooth and pearlescent they are. compared to the other msfs released in the CC collection, the shimmer in this is perfect and very subtle. I really want to get a backup but still don't know if I should

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
I agree with your description of Sunny by Nature. the texture is awesome.. I would compare it to the sugar sweet msfs in how smooth and pearlescent they are. compared to the other msfs released in the CC collection, the shimmer in this is perfect and very subtle. I really want to get a backup but still don't know if I should

yeah sunny by nature is a very nice msf. this is my first with msf and i am glad this worked for me. i too am trying to decide if its back up worthy!! i use it with a light hand and not everyday but still once its gone who knows when this one will return!!

HeavenLeiBlu

I hawed and hemmed, and hemmed and hawed over this collection, and only ended up with Warm Blend. I have to find the 226 because the counter I went to was sold out, and I haven't made it out to my freestanding yet. The shadows were very pretty and were easy to work with, but I really couldn't justify purchasing them when I own similar colors whose workablility is good enough for me. I'm on a lippie no-buy til the holidays and probably after, so I didn't look at any of them, LOL. As for the blushes, my favorite was Style Demon, but it's too close to Merrily, which I own and also have a backup for. Merrily's a bit more intense though.

So yeah, Warm Blend FTW ( and mostly because the middle strip is the closest thing I'll be getting to Metal Rock! )
th_LMAO.gif

thmochagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaisha26
I wear MAC's NW45 & MUFE 175; the following is great with this skin tone:
MSF-
Warm Blend...will get another
Cheek Bronze
Smooth Merge

Blush
Fad-Dabulous
Style Demon

Made With Love L/S

Eceletic Edge L/G...will get another

Note: I wanted all of the MSF except Porcelain Pink(got it), but Cheeky Bronze was very chalky & Sunny by Nature was like Cheeky Bronze with faint Shimmer

Happy Shopping!!!

I have some of the followiing they colors and they are great I must say, Thanks forthe tips on the others