WOC: Colour Craft

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
I am going to have to go back and try sunny by nature

Ask them to try it on your face. It makes a big difference compared to the swatch on the back of your hand.

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
That's how I imagined it'd be. Will check out Cheeky Bronze instead but am taking Shooting Star with me to compare the two instore. I hate having items that are too "samey".

Cheeky Bronze and Shooting Star are completely different.. SS is more brown and again, completely blended into my skin
ssad.gif
its looks AMAZING on my frnd who is NC 35 or so.. Cheeky Bronze has a peachy/pinky/gold sheen on my skin tone (on the MA who was abt NC 25, it showed up as pinky/peachy bronze... will post a pic up soon!

sapnap

Quote:

i imagine it wud look great on ya
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:

Try it...I 100% love it...But I like Matte products I am not big on glitter, shimmer and such

aziajs

I only go the 226 but I am going to go back and examine the MSFs again. The MA was hovering when I went originally and I just got my brush and left.

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Try it...I 100% love it...But I like Matte products I am not big on glitter, shimmer and such

Tish - how does it show up on u? is there ne bronzy colour or is it just a glow? .. wud love to see more pics
smiles.gif

TISH1124

It gives a very bronzey type glow...It is perfect on me as a bronzer actually...but I can wear it solo too...But I don't like a lot of color or shimmer on my cheeks

I haven't taken pics sorry I may get around to it...I am just not sure when

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
It gives a very bronzey type glow...It is perfect on me as a bronzer actually...but I can wear it solo too...But I don't like a lot of color or shimmer on my cheeks

I haven't taken pics sorry I may get around to it...I am just not sure when

Thanks
smiles.gif
looks like i might exchange cheeky bronze for this one after i try it again
smiles.gif

pnuttbuttajelli

so, to anyone in the nw50 area, are the blushes totally passable?
i've heard so little about them.
i saw above that someone said style demon is close to merrily (which is what i thought just based off looks), but i was also looking at fad-dabulous and cheek & cheerful (or whatever the name is). would they be worth it even as highlighters?

o and the lipsticks? madly creative? ever embellish?

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnuttbuttajelli
so, to anyone in the nw50 area, are the blushes totally passable?
i've heard so little about them.
i saw above that someone said style demon is close to merrily (which is what i thought just based off looks), but i was also looking at fad-dabulous and cheek & cheerful (or whatever the name is). would they be worth it even as highlighters?

o and the lipsticks? madly creative? ever embellish?

Faddabulous is nice if u dont have Hot Planet
smiles.gif
excatly the same! and STyle Demon has more of a berry-gold undertone.. i do prefer the texture of Merrily tho..

if u want a highlighter - Cheeky Bronze! i'd say more bang for ur buck as compared to the blushes and the texture is nicer imo..

lipsticks - they r dupeable but if u dont have similare colours - Most populat, ever embellish and made with love are very WOC friendly..

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
Faddabulous is nice if u dont have Hot Planet
smiles.gif
excatly the same! and STyle Demon has more of a berry-gold undertone.. i do prefer the texture of Merrily tho..

if u want a highlighter - Cheeky Bronze! i'd say more bang for ur buck as compared to the blushes and the texture is nicer imo..

lipsticks - they r dupeable but if u dont have similare colours - Most populat, ever embellish and made with love are very WOC friendly..

I agree 100% with sapnap. I did buy Ever Embellish. It is a beautiful color and I do not have anything like it. I was on the fence about Made with Love, but I am going to B2Mac it. As for the other blushes...Daft Pink looked ashy on my NW47 skin. Cheek and Cheerful is a nice not too glittery goldish highlighter. Hand finish would be a nice not too glittery pinkish highlighter.

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha5150
First of all, isn't Warm Blend just delish?!!
drools.gif

What I've done with it was to use it as a bronzer/highlight on my temples, cheekbone (above the blush), and jawline and then blend it slightly with a kabuki and put a little on the bridge of my nose. Today I used it as an eyeshadow. The top stripe on the lid, the middle stripe on the crease and the bottom stripe as the inner highlight.
heart.gif
I used a darker, less shimmery brown in the crease to darken it a bit and to break up all the shimmery-ness...LOL I'm a newbie with the whole MSF stuff too but it's fun to experiment!

Thank you for this detail information. I never know where to put my MSF other than use it as a blush. One of these days I'm going to the counter and have the MA mark my face with a black eyeliner where I should put MSF as a highlight.
yes.gif

AjaAbeni

i have a question for you ladies...how are you wearing Cheecky Bronze??? I find it to be rather sparkly
th_dunno.gif
i tried using it as an all over face highlight but no good, even as a contour but still no good (love my SBN for this by the way)...any suggestions?

Face2Mac

I don't think you can use Cheeky Bronze as anything but a highlight or if you shiny cheeks over another blush. I tapped my brush off twice to get some of the glitter off and it seems to work, I wasn't super glitterly or anything and I went outside to check too (but mine has a lot of gold veining, so I don't know if this is helping or hurting the MSF)

I take all the above back. It is a total Glitter Bomb.

Blushbaby

Got my stuff today. I ended up getting:

Warm Blend MSF
Smooth Merge MSF
Sunny by Nature MSF (will be great for my 'naked face' days)
Style Demon (not like Merrily IMO)
Pretty Pattern
Natural Flare e/s

Sunny by Nature actually gave a really nice glow which I wasn't expecting. I have so many shimmery products so figured it'd make sense to get this instead of Cheeky Bronze today.

I dunno, I may end up getting Cheeky Bronze and Eclectic Edge later though.

MAHALO

I resisted temptation ... got WARM BLEND and NICE MIX UP only. WARM BLEND gives a pretty shimmer. I use a little blush over it. NICE MIX UP looks gorgeous and neutral similar to my natural lip color only much better.

AjaAbeni

Ok so im full of questions... What brush are you all using to apply SBN???? When i went to MAC to pick it up my MA used the 129 on me. I sometimes use the 131, the 129 and today i tried the 134. Im scarred to use the 187 b/c it kinda sprays acroos the cheek area (if that makes sense)

erica_1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaAbeni
Ok so im full of questions... What brush are you all using to apply SBN???? When i went to MAC to pick it up my MA used the 129 on me. I sometimes use the 131, the 129 and today i tried the 134. Im scarred to use the 187 b/c it kinda sprays acroos the cheek area (if that makes sense)

You're right about the #187 spraying on the face. Warm Blend is my 1st MSF or 1st I'm keeping. I don't like a lot of shimmer products. I went today to buy another brush and the MA suggested #188 because I couldn't handle how much the #187 was picking up