WOC: Colour Craft

bobbiedoll03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
Question- Do any of you ladies use your MSF's wet/damp? I'm having a little trouble...

I'm seriously thinking about taking Smooth Merge. It's pretty...but kinda chunky. The portion that's more golden reminds me alot of Mythology.

I use my MSF Natural in Deep dark wet to use as foundation, I swirl my kabuki in it then spray it with fix plus and buff into my skin. THats the only one i use wet though, i have never tried it with others like.

TheWorldsDresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl
Does anyone have Warm Blend, Gold Deposit, Warmed, Global Glow, and Shooting Star MSFs? If you have most of them, can you please, please swatch them side by side?

Here they go in order: WB, GD, Warmed, GG, SS. The first pic is in a window (on a cloudy day
ssad.gif
) and the second pic was taken inside under a natural light lamp

1344347.JPG

1344348.JPG

nichollecaren

sold!

yay now I have a 'list' lol :

fadubulous/style demon
Warm Blend

Plus about 8 or so other blushes I have been losing sleep over...eeep! I neeeeed an F&F sale!

zoj2

Hello ladies, newbie here (well sorta). If anyone is interested in Made with Love, I posted in the swatch thread. I love the color, perfect for summer. I also picked up Warm Blend which makes my skin just glow! Perfect combo for the beach
smiles.gif

pnuttbuttajelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoj2
Hello ladies, newbie here (well sorta). If anyone is interested in Made with Love, I posted in the swatch thread. I love the color, perfect for summer. I also picked up Warm Blend which makes my skin just glow! Perfect combo for the beach
smiles.gif

yeah, i saw that. thanks!
i won't be going to mac for another two weeks, so in the interim i've been going back and forth on some of the lipsticks. Made With Love was one of them, and that swatch helped (especially the "darkly pigmented lips" part, lol).

andicandi3x12

Im probably just gonna pick up the brushes since I bought 2 226s earlier this yr and lost one somehow. Maybe pick up warm blend.

erica_1020

help...I bought warm blend but never owned a MSF before. How do I wear this? Like I tried tonight on cheeks and its pretty but a little glowy. I have only ever worn blush not highlighters etc.

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_1020
help...I bought warm blend but never owned a MSF before. How do I wear this? Like I tried tonight on cheeks and its pretty but a little glowy. I have only ever worn blush not highlighters etc.

First of all, isn't Warm Blend just delish?!!
drools.gif

What I've done with it was to use it as a bronzer/highlight on my temples, cheekbone (above the blush), and jawline and then blend it slightly with a kabuki and put a little on the bridge of my nose. Today I used it as an eyeshadow. The top stripe on the lid, the middle stripe on the crease and the bottom stripe as the inner highlight.
heart.gif
I used a darker, less shimmery brown in the crease to darken it a bit and to break up all the shimmery-ness...LOL I'm a newbie with the whole MSF stuff too but it's fun to experiment!

makeuplover7239

If you are NC45 and higher, you should get Sunny by Nature! I wear it as a bronzer/ setting powder on my BB skin foundation in warm almond and it looks so so good! It gives you this nice glow and provides the perfect lighting on the cheekbones!
Here is a picture!

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
...Style Demon blush looks similar to Merrily. In fact, I held both blushes together and they looked the exact same. However, when they are swatched SD has more of the gold reflects than Merrily, Merrily is more of that gorgeous brick red color and a little gold shimmer. I skipped it.

Thanks for the heads up. I may skip this now as I own Merrily and can always add extra gold over the top of it with products I already own if needed I guess.

bobbiedoll03

I heard that sunny by nature would be a good blush to do a lil cheek contouring with...is that true? WHat are ur thoughts if you have it already? thanks

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiedoll03
I heard that sunny by nature would be a good blush to do a lil cheek contouring with...is that true? WHat are ur thoughts if you have it already? thanks

Had it returned it.. blends in too much with my skin (NC 45- lighter side).. it does give a glow to ur cheek area but not a must have imo.. in fact i applied it and NO ONE cud tell i had something on my cheek except for me cos i had applied it
smiles.gif

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
Had it returned it.. blends in too much with my skin (NC 45- lighter side).. it does give a glow to ur cheek area but not a must have imo.. in fact i applied it and NO ONE cud tell i had something on my cheek except for me cos i had applied it
smiles.gif

That's how I imagined it'd be. Will check out Cheeky Bronze instead but am taking Shooting Star with me to compare the two instore. I hate having items that are too "samey".

bextacyaddict

im gonna get:

nice mix up lipglass
colour crafted lipstick
most popular lipstick
daft pink blush
226 brush

so not that much from this collection
guess im more waiting for euristocrats II

I bought warm blend, pretty pattern and the 131 brush. This is my 2nd msf and I still don't understand how I should be using them. My first was brunette and I probably used it once. My intention was to use it as a blush, but it's so freakin flaky! Help please! I never wear foundation but if i did it would be nw45.

shellyshells

I picked up Cheeky Bronze & Daft Pink, they're soo wonderful! I tried on Warm Blend and Sunny by Nature as well... Warm Blend is gorgeous! Sunny By Nature was passable to me. I'll be picking up Improvise and perhaps Warm Blend..... but maybe not, I think I can curb my CC lemmings in favor of the fall collections.

And Shari, what do you use on your face before applying MSFs? If you don't like traditional foundation, maybe a tinted moisturizer or a CCB will help the MSF to adhere better.

makeuplover7239

"Sunny by nature" is best tried on your face than swatched on your hand. If my sister hadnt told me that, I would have passed it up. So ask the MA to try it out on your face.

If you are NC45 and higher, it really can't be used as a blush ( since it dissappears into your skin) but its great as a normal setting powder and bronzer for that glow factor. Its not shimmery or glittery, so you can hardly tell that you have it on. It does gives your foundation that extra Ommph
smiles.gif

I love the way my skin looks with it. I really dont get the other MSF's since they are way too shimmery for my liking. I think the first Mineralize blushes that MAC came out with were the best in consistency.
I have Warm Soul and Love Joy and they are some of my HG blushes. Just my opinion.