WOC: Colour Craft

miss sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
Eclectic edge,Funky fusion,nice mix up ande L/s made with love.. made for WOC!:p

Nope nope nope. *plugs ears* I'm not listening to yooou!

lafemmenoir

I agree it would be brilliant if there were swatches on us darker skinned ladies; however, I haven't any access to pre-releases here. It pants, but I'm happy some of our lovely Specktralites can give us sneek peaks
yes.gif

kyoto

Hi ladies, I'm NC50 and I did swatches of Triple Fusion, Cheeky Bronze, Fashion Patch and Eccentricity. They're all on the first page of the CC Swatch area.

sapnap

pic 1 - warm blend all three strips, triple fusion mixed,made with love l/s(l-r)
pic 2 - made with love l/s, sunny by nature, cheeky bronze (these have been washed out by the flash a bit)(l-r)
pic 3 - porcelain pink, smooth merge (the lighter strips), smooth merge (all three) (t-b)
pic 4 - made with love l/s, nice mix up l/g, eclectic edge l/g, funky fusion l/g (t-b)
pic 5 - all

phone pics.. not too clear! NC 45 ish skin

cheek swatches of sunny by nature and porcelain pink on the main swatch thread

sapnap

just wanna add tht porcelain pink looks MUCH better in person than on the crappy phone cam... i did not think it wud look good on tan skin.. but u shud try it out and see for urself!.. now i think am going bk for sunny by nature and porcelain pink even tho i can make do with the smooth merge... damn!

Icecaramellatte

I have the 226 brush and I like it for crease work. Is there some other use for it? Why do people feel they need more than one?

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
I have the 226 brush and I like it for crease work. Is there some other use for it? Why do people feel they need more than one?

You need two of the same brush

1. If you're obsessed with having clean brushes at hand (and you don't routinely clean your brushes after each use) it can be nice to have an extra brush..

2. You're a make up artist and you're doing multiple people at one time (i.e. bridal party mother of bride and bride)

3. You're just a MAC crack addict and you have the extra money to spend
winks.gif

It's not a necessity though. If you have one you should be fine with that.. plus they'll re promote it sometime down the line in case you happen to loose it or it gets stolen

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
pic 1 - warm blend all three strips, triple fusion mixed,made with love l/s(l-r)
pic 2 - made with love l/s, sunny by nature, cheeky bronze (these have been washed out by the flash a bit)(l-r)
pic 3 - porcelain pink, smooth merge (the lighter strips), smooth merge (all three) (t-b)
pic 4 - made with love l/s, nice mix up l/g, eclectic edge l/g, funky fusion l/g (t-b)
pic 5 - all

phone pics.. not too clear! NC 45 ish skin

cheek swatches of sunny by nature and porcelain pink on the main swatch thread

I knew it. Funky Fusion is totally hot pink not pink/coral. Ev1 kept saying it was coral but on you it is hot pink. Off of my list. I should just get Red Devil from BBR and call it a day.

SassyMochaJess

For the ladies who plan on getting triple fusion or smooth merge, what would be your main purpose of use for these?(Especially NW45 gals) I'm just curious. I'm thinking to hightlight or to tone down a bright blush perhaps... They look so pretty on the website!! Can't wait to see and touch them in person!

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I knew it. Funky Fusion is totally hot pink not pink/coral. Ev1 kept saying it was coral but on you it is hot pink. Off of my list. I should just get Red Devil from BBR and call it a day.

yup! it does look more muted on the lips tho.. just like popster looks more fuschia on me than the coral tht it looks on fairer girls!.. red devil is DA BOMB.. or lychee luxe.. in fact even made with love looks more pinky coral on me (but thts a hot colour)

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
For the ladies who plan on getting triple fusion or smooth merge, what would be your main purpose of use for these?(Especially NW45 gals) I'm just curious. I'm thinking to hightlight or to tone down a bright blush perhaps... They look so pretty on the website!! Can't wait to see and touch them in person!

triple fusion is just a frostly pale ish pink/peach highlight.. refined is a nicer highlight imo..even cheeky bronze or the lighter side of warm blend is better on darker skin as a highlight.. smooth merge can be a blush if u use more of the middle strip, unfortunately , thts the tiniest

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess

^^NW45/NC50 here. I plan on getting Triple Fusion and using it as a blush/highlighter. I'm sure it will look gorgeous layered over a pinky blush and that middle strip will look good on it's own! With the right base it can probably be used as an eye shadow too. My plan is just to buy it and play play play >_<

shontay07108

I want:

The 109 brush
Eclectic Edge and Nice Mix up lip glasses
Trimming Talk and Most Popular lipstick
I am beyond mad that My MP lipstick from hello kitty broke on me and I was jumping for joy when I found out it was coming back in this collection.
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

misha5150

OOohhh I can't wait until tomorrow so I can go see this collection in person!!!
drools.gif
I think I had a list on this thread before but I've updated my list sooo here is what I want to get:

Smooth Merge (I love pinks)
Warm Blend (will use it as a highlight and eyeshadow)
Daft Pink (will be my first pink blush!)
Trimming Talk (only if it looks good IRL)
Most Popular (missed it when HK came out)
Made With Love (hopefully it won't be so intense as Costa Chic was on me)
131 (I'm looking to get a brush for the new MSF's!)
226 (I have an Essense of Beauty crease brush set but I want to see if this is similar and better)

Hopefully most of what I want to get will dissapoint me when I swatch it so my wallet won't want to quit a bitch!!
girl_devil.gif
LOL But I know I will be definetely getting something, dang it!!
mac_addict.gif

sapnap

I originally got warm blend and smooth merge and wanted to exchange warm blend.. but when i went to the store the SA tried it on me and it looks AWESOME.. NC 45's and above, this is a must have!

I also bought cheeky bronze, eclectic edge and miss marble. I think i am returning cheeky cos it looked like a nice peachy bronze in the store, but looked too "nude" when i chked at home
ssad.gif
yes i bought it even AFTER swatching it, telling eone its only a highlight
ssad.gif
(((((((( doofus... was less impressed with sunny by nature this time... there r other products tht give better results (so ceylin/brunette/lovejoy). This one is too "natural".

erica_1020

So here is what I got...

Warm Blend MSF--Loved the colors individually and swirled together

#226 brush-can't wait to use it

Quite natural shadow quad--I have mixed feelings about this. She applied on my eyes because the counter was so dead. Only me and 3 SAs. They are very grainy and I have never really worked with textures like that before. The shades themselves are so pretty though. She said I could use them wet without messing up the shadows.

iaisha26

I wear MAC's NW45 & MUFE 175; the following is great with this skin tone:
MSF-
Warm Blend...will get another
Cheek Bronze
Smooth Merge

Blush
Fad-Dabulous
Style Demon

Made With Love L/S

Eceletic Edge L/G...will get another

Note: I wanted all of the MSF except Porcelain Pink(got it), but Cheeky Bronze was very chalky & Sunny by Nature was like Cheeky Bronze with faint Shimmer

Happy Shopping!!!