WOC- Cool Heat

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
thank you!! i'm going to be able to save some money LOL

Yeah, that's what I thought! That's why I made a look today based on dupes in the collection and I like what I saw! :p
At least this way I can enjoy the collection from a non-buying perspective! I still want to go for the ones that aren't dupable.

I'm thinking of going out on Thursday and getting pictures of Solar White so I can compare it to Cloudbound. I just want to see a WOC swatch White Gold, Vanilla pm, White Wheat, Cloudbound, that gold from Strange Hybrid, and Solar White. With all of the gold releases, it's got to look like one of them. Sides, I use Cloudbound all the time so it'd be nice to have a a replacement since I'm actually making a dip.

Wow, this post came out longer than I though... Monologue over.

imperfectbeauty

Im having trouble deciding what slimshine i want to get. I pre-ordered High 90's but im not sure it's gonna go with my skin tone or not. Any suggestions?? I prefer not too bright of a color.

LuvinMyMAC

I really like the eyeshadow colors of this collection, but I have a good bit of green and blue shadows. So I don't really know if I'll buy those. But as for Solar White, you can consider it mine.

nunu

MAC is going to kill me with the amount of blues and teals they have already got :s

MsCuppyCakes

I was able to swatch all of the eyeshadows and slimshines last night. I'm getting all the eyeshadows and three slim shines. I did side by side swatches of colors I already had and didn't find a dup.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
warming trend = patina
blue flame = deep truth
gulf stream = steamy

not sure of any others...

Cool Heat = Big T

But to be fair, Gulf Stream is more teal and less gold than Steamy, and I might look into it because Steamy looks really gold on me.

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Cool Heat = Big T

true, but big t is not part of the permanent collection.

Quote:
But to be fair, Gulf Stream is more teal and less gold than Steamy, and I might look into it because Steamy looks really gold on me.

i agree. also steamy is much more frosty. the only thing i believe that can "truly" be duped from this collection based on the permanent collection is blue flame and that is why i will more than likely purchase all of them besides that one
lol.gif

User67

I got to play with all the shadows at update & I think they are all gorgeous. Out of all the spring/summer collections this is the one that I was really looking forward to. Some of the colors are similar to those in the perm. line or from past releases. Especially Blue Flame, it really does look just like Deep Truth. But, the collection is definitley worth checking out because there is something for everyone neutrals, greens, teals, blues etc. I already got Solar White & Cool Heat in my gratis. Solar White is pretty, but I already have an entire pallette of highlight colors & 9 times out of 10 I use Ricepaper. But, Cool Heat is one of the most beautiful teals ever! I'll be running to MAC tomorrow to also get:

Warm Chill
Gulf Stream
Climate Blue
& maybe Warming Trend.

I'm not a big fan of Slimshines, but if you are there are some really hot colors!
Tomorrow can't come fast enough!
drools.gif

neezer

Also Big T and Cool Heat does look very similar...Cool Heat is a little lighter tho...swatches are coming
smiles.gif

f!erce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
I like the Cool Heat swatches I have seen. I do not have any turquoise e/s except for Teal pigment, so I definitely want Cool heat e/s.

I am not really into lip products, so I will probably pass unless I see them in person or in a FOTD.

Edit: I ordered - Warm Chill, Cool Heat and Solar White e/s. I cannot really get into the stores as I am still healing from having a baby, so I hope the colors work out.

Off topic - but congrats on the baby!!! I just had a baby girl myself. She is 3 weeks old as of yesterday. This pregnancy has been killer on my pockets because now instead of actually making my way to the MAC store, now I just order stuff online...terrible. In any event I ordered: Gulf Stream, Warm Chill, Cool Heat and Blue Flame from this collection, along with Sketch and a travel jar for one of my bronzers that broke. Mind you I JUST spent like $150 the week that SATC came out. I need help...
th_dunno.gif

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by f!erce
Off topic - but congrats on the baby!!! I just had a baby girl myself. She is 3 weeks old as of yesterday. This pregnancy has been killer on my pockets because now instead of actually making my way to the MAC store, now I just order stuff online...terrible. In any event I ordered: Gulf Stream, Warm Chill, Cool Heat and Blue Flame from this collection, along with Sketch and a travel jar for one of my bronzers that broke. Mind you I JUST spent like $150 the week that SATC came out. I need help...
th_dunno.gif

Congrats to you too. My baby boy will be 3 weeks on this Friday.

I had pledged awhile back that I would limit my ordering MAC cosmetics online, so I am crossing fingers.
thmbup.gif

d n d

I just made my purchases (like I need more makeup). I got Cool Heat, Gulf Stream, and Climate Blue. Climate Blue and Cool Heat are the stand-outs to me. Both colors are really rich and vibrant, def summer colors! Gulf Stream is pretty too, it's like Steamy but it's a little lighter.

I really wanted Warm Chill because I have been searching for a seafoam green eyeshadow but I was a little dissapointed with the color-payoff and texture. It is suppose to be a frost but it applied like a lustre (in my opinion) and it didn't show up enough to want to purchase it. Dang!

Solar White was pretty too, it reminds me a little of Vanilla pigment.

neezer

i went and touched Solar White. Amazing. It looks pinkish white but when you put it on it's Gold
greengrin.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Womp womp to Cool Heat. I wanted to like it, but it just didn't wow me, and at this point have to be wowed to some degree to get something. I got Climate Blue and called it a day.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
i went and touched Solar White. Amazing. It looks pinkish white but when you put it on it's Gold
greengrin.gif

Yeah I noticed that too.
yes.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Womp womp to Cool Heat. I wanted to like it, but it just didn't wow me, and at this point have to be wowed to some degree to get something. I got Climate Blue and called it a day.

LOL....womp womp. I am kind of feeling the same way. I previewed the shadows the other day and womp womp is exactly the sound playing in my head. I want to pick up a slimshine and maybe 1 or 2 shadows at most and keep it moving.