WOC: Dare to Wear Collection

bobbiedoll03

The lipglasses are beautiful to me....

I am really only eyeing going bananas and sassy grass right now....I want to hold out on spending money on MAC so I can invest in other brands right now.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocosmith
Ok, sorry took so long, but here are the swatches for
Sassy Grass
Louder Please
Shock o Holic
Going Bananas
Sky Blue
mac_addict.gif

thanks cause i really wanted to see them on darker skin!

shontay07108

I got Louder, Please and Sassy Grass shadows as well as Bold & Brash and So Bad lipglasses. I'm going to the Mac store tomorrow to get Aqua or at least swatch it. Curiosity over that shade is getting to me. I might get Wind Me Up also. I try to stay away from bronze colors on the lips because that's so typical, but it looks really pretty.

Prototype83

I'm getting Gimme That (x2) and Sassy Grass (hopefully B2M)....thats all. Nothing else "wowed" me. Then again they didn't have the tester for Dare to Dare either.

L281173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocosmith
Hey y'all. Well like I said before, I was lucky enough to get this collection already. If u like Bright Colors, then u will LUV this Collection. The MUST HAVE are the Lipglosses. Sooooo FREAKING GORGEOUS.

I don't care for the packaging. I thought they should have made them colorful. Anyway its cool. I just get to B2M those shadows.

I did also notice that the shadows are the same colors that SugarPill have. Not sure if they are the same quality, because I haven't used Sugarpill. Just seen tutorials.

Anyway, I think the collection is a Hit, because I didn't have any bright colors from MAC.

CocoSmith:

I am loving that eyeshadow look that you're wearing in your profile picture. What shades did you use.

blazeno.8

Does anyone know how Sassy Grass compares to C-shock's Wondergrass? I know the textures are different, but how are they pigment-wise?

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
Does anyone know how Sassy Grass compares to C-shock's Wondergrass? I know the textures are different, but how are they pigment-wise?

Taken from Temptalia.com

"Sassy Grass is a medium-dark grass green with a matte finish. I thought it might resemble Wondergrass (limited edition, released with C-Shock), but it’s much darker and a wee bit greener."

HTH

HeavenLeiBlu

I brought in a pallette of shadows I already had, which I suspected were dupes of the DTW colors I was interested in ( Louder, Please; Sassy Grass, Shock-O-Holic, Zingy) and with the exception of Shock-o-Holic ( which wasn't on the display), all my dupes were spot on, save for slight differences in texture, which is why I went ahead and got Sassy Grass... I have two dupes actually, but one of them is in the 88 matte palette which I'll probably never repurchase for myself, and the other dupe's texture isn't as smooth as SG.

I already own Atlantic Blue and Winkle. Free to Be, Aqua (PRO) and Lime (PRO) are perm, so I could pass. Going Bananas isn't workable on me, Crazy Cool was meh, and Sky Blue didn't wow me, so this collection was easy for me to bypass for the most part, since I wasn't at all interested in the lip products. Glitter lips don't do it for me.
th_dunno.gif

DaniCakes

So I checked out thi collection at the pro store today and at first glance I thought everything was so beautiful. I ran over to the lipglasses and opened one up, and I was so grossed out. The texture of the lipglosses are terrible. They look terrible and they felt terrible. Definitely a pass! The eyeshadows were so beautiful. Some look really familiar and some were new. I'm going to get a few of them when I go back. nothing super special about this collection. I can wait until vv comes out.

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniCakes
I ran over to the lipglasses and opened one up, and I was so grossed out. The texture of the lipglosses are terrible. They look terrible and they felt terrible. Definitely a pass!

really? i thought the texture wasn't that different from the regular lipglasses. i didn't think they were that sticky at all. the color pay-off is great, very opaque and pigmented for lipglosses and even though each has glitter, it's not chunky like dazzleglasses. you can barely feel the glitter.

okay, is lime e/s discontinued in the PRO line? i went to the PRO Store so i could the PRO colors from this collection for my palettes and the MUA told me that Lime was discontinued, but is back just for this collection. they didn't have anymore for the palettes, so i had to buy it in the pot.

blazeno.8

Uh-oh, I guess that means I should pick up lime. I actually liked the new lip glosses, I just didn't want to pick any up.

Cocosmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by L281173
CocoSmith:

I am loving that eyeshadow look that you're wearing in your profile picture. What shades did you use.

Thanks Lady,

The color on my eyes are Cool Heat, I think it was a LE, with the Teal Reflects Glitter on top of it. Cork in the crease and ricepaper on the lid.
mac_addict.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Today I got Sassy Grass and the Shock-a-holic. Sky Blue looked like a less jazzy version of Mutiny pigment to me. Crazy Cool looked like Crystal on me. I already have Going Bananas and Winkle. Louder, Please is just an amplified Passionate, but I have the Ben Nye Lumiere Palette which includes Azalea and I can't justify having too many loud fuchsias. Zingy looked just like Electric Eel. I passed on Free To Be and Atlantic Blue (Ben Nye makes a really similar shade) when they went perm. I feel like Aqua may be really similar to Haunting (McQueen) and I plan to order Lime when I make my next Pro order. Just two things - I am proud of myself! Oh, AND I took back A Little Bit of Sunshine MB so my total was only $6 and some change.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
really? i thought the texture wasn't that different from the regular lipglasses. i didn't think they were that sticky at all. the color pay-off is great, very opaque and pigmented for lipglosses and even though each has glitter, it's not chunky like dazzleglasses. you can barely feel the glitter.

okay, is lime e/s discontinued in the PRO line? i went to the PRO Store so i could the PRO colors from this collection for my palettes and the MUA told me that Lime was discontinued, but is back just for this collection. they didn't have anymore for the palettes, so i had to buy it in the pot.

It's still on the Pro website and there is no Triangle of Death next to it, just the diamond that denotes it's a Pro shade.

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
It's still on the Pro website and there is no Triangle of Death next to it, just the diamond that denotes it's a Pro shade.

thanks! i didn't even think to check the website....duh!

lol @ Triangle of Death

Fiberluver

I picked up Lime and Going Bananas e/s.

I'm not near a PRO store so I decided to get the Lime.

I swatched it and it is gorgeous!

Nat

lafemmenoir

Heya,
Been away and stressed, but did swatch some. Forgive me for not taking the time to label them, but this will give you an idea of the pigmentation on darker skin. My hands are dry :/

DaniCakes

Maybe the glosses were dried out. They weren't the texture of the regular glosses. They were thick and difficult to smooth on the lips. i'm going to try them at a mac freestnding store today.