WOC: Hey, Sailor!

DILLIGAF

I went to look at this collection today and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong the colors are lovely but I think I have a dupe in my stash for just about everything they are offering. Barefoot e/s looks exactly like a pressed version of old gold pigment. Personally I found the stronger color of the pigment more flattering on my skin. Besides I already own Old Gold pigment in the old school jar. The only other product I may go back and take a 2nd look at are the eye pencils. The green and navy are beautiful and I know I don't own anything like the green. I did walk away with one product however, I got Nautical Navy e/s. The minute I saw it I imagined a navy blue smokey eye. I don't have any dark blues like this in my collection so it came home with me.

aradhana

Is anyone getting Salute lipstick? or any thought on how this would look on our darker skin? I have a feeling im buying a color that i know wont look good on me just for the name. i already have peachstock, spice, and fresh brew btw.
i'm not sure how well it would work on its own, so it might just depend on how much effort you are comfortable with...usually with anything resembling my skintone or lighter i need a liner to give the lips definition...
i'm not big on effort during the day...so i generally stick with darker shades myself, but i think it's certainly do-able...

NitaNinja

i'm not sure how well it would work on its own, so it might just depend on how much effort you are comfortable with...usually with anything resembling my skintone or lighter i need a liner to give the lips definition...
i'm not big on effort during the day...so i generally stick with darker shades myself, but i think it's certainly do-able...
Thanks you!, i decided against it for this reason. Im okay with making it work with a liner but i dont want to have to do to much to make it wearable.

aradhana

Thanks you!, i decided against it for this reason. Im okay with making it work with a liner but i dont want to have to do to much to make it wearable.
are you considering anything else from the collection?
if you live near a counter/store, you could always check salute out in person...

NitaNinja

are you considering anything else from the collection?
if you live near a counter/store, you could always check salute out in person...
I order Crew, FF blush, blessedly rich l/g and riviera life l/g. I live 10minutes from a store but ordered online due to time contraint, im in the process of moving and might not be here for the in store launch.

Richelle83

I order Crew, FF blush, blessedly rich l/g and riviera life l/g. I live 10minutes from a store but ordered online due to time contraint, im in the process of moving and might not be here for the in store launch.
Would love to see swatches of Crew and FF on you when you get them!

I really shouldn't get anything else but those two keep nagging me. Grr

NitaNinja

Would love to see swatches of Crew and FF on you when you get them!

I really shouldn't get anything else but those two keep nagging me. Grr
Will try to have pics up sometime today. They were nagging at me 2.! told my self i wasent going to get anything. To me they arent anything special on my skin but i will say because i dont own many blushes i do love FF. its pretty light but it shows up a nice pinky coral on me. Problem is i have to apply heavily with more than 2 applications.

NitaNinja

I like both but in my opinion crew could have been skipped. i prefer my EDSF. Im inlove with FF but probablly because i dont own many blushes so i dont have anything subtle and more natural looking like this. I did have to layer it to get it to show up like this but it is buildable if you dont mind applying alot of layers lol.

FF blush. its very subtle but buildable

This is FF blush with Crew. Its not as white and ashy looking in person.

Richelle83

It looks lovely on you! Thanks. Crew will be skipped for sure now. FF gives you a nice flushed look, but the whole layers deal isn't gonna fly!
I like both but in my opinion crew could have been skipped. i prefer my EDSF. Im inlove with FF but probablly because i dont own many blushes so i dont have anything subtle and more natural looking like this. I did have to layer it to get it to show up like this but it is buildable if you dont mind applying alot of layers lol.

FF blush. its very subtle but buildable

This is FF blush with Crew. Its not as white and ashy looking in person.

Copperhead

I don't think I'll be getting anything from this collection. To Catch A Sailor lipstick keeps trying to call my name but I'm ignoring it. LOL! I found a really pretty tutorial on youtube using some of the products and I pretty much have things already to create this look with the standout being Old Gold Pigment. Check it out. Really pretty.

I certainly hope she doesn't mind me using her vid.

sss215

I looked at Nautical Navy and it's in the same family as Shop Drop from the Shop Drop quad and Contrast. They all could be sisters! It's so dupeable.