WOC: Hey, Sailor!

aradhana

Did anybody try launch away? It looked kinda nice swatched but I was a bit worried it could be ash city...

kimbunney

I don't know one with the same finish as RR but in terms of color it's almost as bright as my NARS Dragon matte lip pencil. So I was satisfied in passing on it, but its a wonderful lippie I just have too many reds! Yeah I'm going to have one up by next Wed. (hopefully). I really wanted to wear the products I got in the video, but I've been having crazy eye issues lately.
Which lipstick is like RR? Also are you going to do a vid on the haul, sorry for all the questions lol.

aradhana

I don't know one with the same finish as RR but in terms of color it's almost as bright as my NARS Dragon matte lip pencil. So I was satisfied in passing on it, but its a wonderful lippie I just have too many reds! Yeah I'm going to have one up by next Wed. (hopefully). I really wanted to wear the products I got in the video, but I've been having crazy eye issues lately.
yeah, i feel the same way about RR. too many reds in my stash! and i guess i don't really wear them enough. i love when other people do red lip looks, but i don't know how to do one on myself that doesn't look too 'formal' or made up...

Richelle83

(had to google it) It does look similar.

kimbunney

I don't even consider red so formal anymore because I put it on so much. lol
yeah, i feel the same way about RR. too many reds in my stash! and i guess i don't really wear them enough. i love when other people do red lip looks, but i don't know how to do one on myself that doesn't look too 'formal' or made up...

Richelle83

I just got NYX "Pure Red" it's pretty bright to me as well. I shouldn't buy anymore reds until I finish at least three of the 10 I do own.
That one is on my list, I should buy it now to see if the taste factor is there or not. The round lipsticks tasteful awful to me.

Red does seem formal to me as well, but I don't really care what I wear most of the time lol so why not wear red. I've gone to pick up dh in workout clothes and Stila's Fiery on. Talk about getting all kinds of looks and compliments too.

kimbunney

I'm not too fond of their round lipsticks either but maybe its just the colors I've picked. In general I'm not too hip on many of NYX products, but so far I like the matte lipsticks. I didn't notice a taste but they are really dry after a while like an uncomfortable dry to me at least.

EDIT: Christine just did a review on Dragon.
That one is on my list, I should buy it now to see if the taste factor is there or not. The round lipsticks tasteful awful to me.

Red does seem formal to me as well, but I don't really care what I wear most of the time lol so why not wear red. I've gone to pick up dh in workout clothes and Stila's Fiery on. Talk about getting all kinds of looks and compliments too.

bobbiedoll03

So I went to check the collection out in person. I put Red Racer on to ease my mind and realized I didn't need it. It was nice but I realize I have a red like this already. I did enjoy TCAS, but ended up passing because it wasn't special enough to buy. I did end up liking Crystal Ava. I really do enjoy repromotes from permanant products because I would have never known possibly what a lovely color it is. So my final haul was Jaunty, Crystal and Feeling Fresh e/s. Sea Mist tint and Fleet Fast blush.
i love crystal ava. I have had it for awhile now...I love to put it lightly in my tearduct as a beautiful highlight and brightener.

bobbiedoll03

If you had Eden Rouge from MAC...Red racer is pretty similar in color. The texture are different however as eden rouge is a mattene.

Richelle83

I'm not too fond of their round lipsticks either but maybe its just the colors I've picked. In general I'm not too hip on many of NYX products, but so far I like the matte lipsticks. I didn't notice a taste but they are really dry after a while like an uncomfortable dry to me at least.

EDIT: Christine just did a review on Dragon.
Thanks!! That color is gorgeous. Nars makes some of the best red lipsticks. When Sephora has there next VIB/BI sale I'll get it.

Ashleybubbles83

Ok I know I said I wasnt buying anything from this collection but I bought Blessedly Rich lipglass because the MA tried it on me with Morning Coffee prolong wear liner and overindulgence creme sheen glass and I couldn't resist!

aradhana

I tried it and it was very ashy on me and I am nc45-50
sooo...i ended up getting launch away....LOL!
i swatched it again instore and rubbed it in a little, and it turned an awesome peach colour...kind of like the tres cheeks i guess!
i also picked up the red liner. it'll be my first polongwear liner....it seemed pretty similar shade wise to redd, but i loved how soft it is.