WOC: MAC Prep & Prime Natural Radiance

bobbiedoll03

I am finally getting around to testing my bottle out today. So far so good...I really loved the application, its a nice gel consistency which my skin likes. The original prep and prime made me feel dry so I am really liking how this prepared my skin for foundation. Let's see how it works on my oiliness throughout the day....

Lovey99

I am finally getting around to testing my bottle out today. So far so good...I really loved the application, its a nice gel consistency which my skin likes. The original prep and prime made me feel dry so I am really liking how this prepared my skin for foundation. Let's see how it works on my oiliness throughout the day....

Please let me know how you like it. I think I may purchase it for my extremely oily skin.

bobbiedoll03

So I wanted to give it a true test...I did not blot my skin all day and I have a little bit of oiliness but nothing compared to what I usually have. My skin is still glowing as well. I will give it a few more days to make sure my skin responds well but if I had to go off of today, this is for sure my new primer.

Lovey99

So I wanted to give it a true test...I did not blot my skin all day and I have a little bit of oiliness but nothing compared to what I usually have. My skin is still glowing as well. I will give it a few more days to make sure my skin responds well but if I had to go off of today, this is for sure my new primer.
I am headed to the mall go pick it up based on your review.

MissTT

This is sounding promising. I'm so excited. I wish I had a MAC near me so I could get a sample. I'll probably try it when I run out of my MUFE HD primer.

btw thanks for the info sss215!

sss215

Here is the ingredients got them in an email from MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance: INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] GLYCERIN [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE [] PROPANEDIOL [] TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE [] CETEARYL ALCOHOL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] LECITHIN [] SQUALANE [] LAMINARIA SACCHARINA EXTRACT [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT [] HORDEUM DISTICHON (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE A DEUX RANGS [] HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE [] CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT [] PHELLODENDRON AMURENSE BARK EXTRACT [] SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) BARK EXTRACT [] TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT [] CITRUS RETICULATA (TANGERINE) PEEL EXTRACT [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CAFFEINE [] CHOLESTEROL [] SODIUM PCA [] BETAINE [] TREHALOSE [] PHYTOSTERYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE [] METHYL GLUCETH-20 [] NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE [] BUTYL AVOCADATE [] POTASSIUM PALMITOYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN [] ERGOTHIONEINE [] CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] SILICA [] ACACIA SENEGAL GUM [] POLYQUATERNIUM-51 [] POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE [] AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER [] HDI/PPG/POLYCAPROLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER [] UREA [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] SALICYLIC ACID [] ALCOHOL [] DISODIUM EDTA [] TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] POTASSIUM SORBATE [] MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] YELLOW 5 (CI 19140) [] YELLOW 6 (CI 15985)  

MzBrownBeauty

Hello Ladies! Its been a little while since many of us have purchased the prep & prime; So I'm curious to find out are there any likes/dislikes? Any particular ways that you apply the primer such as using a brush and which foundations do you think it works better with etc?

Debbs

I have been using it prior to applying my Studio Fix Foundation. It works much better than all the others I have tried. I used to use the Mac matte, oil control lotion, plus the Prep and Prime Skin Vise. I am able to use this one by itself. I finish off with some Studio Fix Powder Foundation or Deep Dark MSF. As the day goes on there is some shine as I am naturally oily but I blot once or twice with either Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Oil Blotting Sheet or Neutrogena Shine Control Blotting Sheets. The shine is definitely less than before. I am up after 5am on workdays and don't get home until after 8pm. I do anticipate this working 12hrs shifts. It sold out pretty fast at the stores even though it is a perm item. IMO it's the best I've seen so far and would highly recommend it. I gave my mom my sample jars but will not let her know that I have a full size back-up!!!! The $11 difference between the Mac Skin Vise and Prep and Prime Natural Radiance is a bit steep but worth the flawless end results. I luv luv it and would buy it over and over again. I use it very sparingly but a little goes a long way. Based on the consistency, it's easy to use my fingers to apply it all over face focusing on my T zone area.

sss215

Hello Ladies! Its been a little while since many of us have purchased the prep & prime; So I'm curious to find out are there any likes/dislikes? Any particular ways that you apply the primer such as using a brush and which foundations do you think it works better with etc?
Hi, I don't have any dislikes about this product. I have very oily skin and my makeup stays put when using P&P NR. I am glad it came out in late Aug so I could see how it works in the humidity. I got a few more hours out of my makeup than I normally would have. I even use it alone on warmer days, since I am so oily my skin was fine. When its really cold outside, I will add a moisturizer, but I tend to skip foundation in very harsh temps, hot or cold. I were this product under Chanel Perfection Lumiere and MAC select cover up or pro longwear concealer and its a great combo for me. Perfection Lumiere is a a tiny bit matte, so that may help as well. I never had any adverse reactions either, no breakouts and no white casts in photos! I know this is a product marketed to people with darker skin, but I think all skin tones can benefit from it, especially if you are oily on any level and have an occasional breakout (there are some acne fighting ingredients) I also love the way it makes my skin looks when worn alone. There is a glow! I use the MAC 190 to apply, or my fingers. Depends on the day, lol

MissTT

Thanks so much for your review. What primer(s) were you using previously and how does it compare?

MissTT

How are you ladies liking this product now that it is hot and humid? I see I posted I was going to buy it after I ran out of my MUFE, but I cheated and bought one By Terry on Ingenue's recommendation.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I like the By Terry Hyaluronic Primer fine, but as y'all know there could always be something cheaper and better. Plus as sss215 stated I'd like them to keep this item in the collection for awhile. I'm not sure how much By Terry I have left. I use it nearly every day, but it still seems half full.

jdandray

How are you ladies liking this product now that it is hot and humid? I see I posted I was going to buy it after I ran out of my MUFE, but I cheated and bought one By Terry on Ingenue's recommendation.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I like the By Terry Hyaluronic Primer fine, but as y'all know there could always be something cheaper and better. Plus as sss215 stated I'd like them to keep this item in the collection for awhile. I'm not sure how much By Terry I have left. I use it nearly every day, but it still seems half full.
Hi there, I'm fairly new here, but I purchased the P+P Radiance back in November last year. I bought it because I had just had a baby and lost my "glow" and my skin was getting oily again. Of course I loved it immediately. But now that it is scorching here in Alabama, it's not strong enough. So, for now, I've moved on to the Oil control lotion, Matte serum, and if I'm needing the control for more than 10 hours, I have to pull out my milk of magnesia. Yes, it's that bad!!! But I've only been doing the oil control lotion for about 2 weeks and I've heard you see the results over time. So we'll see. I've even tried the MUFE HD primer and that makes my oil production worse

MissTT

I appreciate your response. When I hear radiance or glow I get a little scared. I've never actually busted out the MoM. I need to pick it up and try it out. I haven't found any good oil control or mattefying serums. Which do you use?

jdandray

I appreciate your response. When I hear radiance or glow I get a little scared. I've never actually busted out the MoM. I need to pick it up and try it out. I haven't found any good oil control or mattefying serums. Which do you use?
No prob hun! Don't be scared of the glow. Now that it's summer, I've been getting my glow from Fergies Wet n Wild bronzer in rose gold (or something like that). I've been using MAC oil control lotion and Matte serum for about 2 weeks now. It's okay while I'm working and stuff. But if I need something to kill the shine all day, like more than 10-12hrs, I have to either use MoM for my primer, or take my Matte serum with me for a touch up. The MoM last longer than any serum or lotion, but depending on how hot it is a little oil might peek through but that's been rare with me. Which is good since on a normal day you can fry chicken on my face if I just let it do as it pleases
sweatdrop.gif

MissTT

My skin is less oily than it was a few years ago due to a round of Accutane, but I'm still shinin'. I need to get on that MoM tip. I don't have time to be using multiple products to combat oil. I'm all about reducing steps as I'm always late.

Latest posts