WOC: MAC StyleSeeker

CartoonChic

Update; I just got my goods from MAC, Cherry Hill, NJ. That's right...I ordered yesterday and they arrived today. THANKS MICHELE of MAC Cherry Hill, NJ.
sweet.png

The 'On the Hunt' duo is just beautiful.
congrat.gif
I must've missed this post. I'm glad you found On the Hunt! That's super fast shipping. Is this a PRO store? I may call to see if they have Marché Aux Puces and place an order for some PRO items I want.

Medgal07

Responding to CartoonChic & Miss TT,
I don't know if it's a PRO store or if it's just a free-standing MAC store in the Cherry Hill Mall. In fact, I'm only assuming it's in the mall. They would have charged shipping ($6 flat rate) but I purchased P & P Lip and Concealer, which took me just over $50 to make free shipping.
On the Hunt is beautiful. I even wore it today. I love it. I would definitely try to get Marche Aux Puces. I think you'll love it and it will certainly look great with your pretty skin tone. GO FOR IT!!!!
fluffy.gif

sss215

Update; I just got my goods from MAC, Cherry Hill, NJ.  That's right...I ordered yesterday and they arrived today.  THANKS MICHELE of MAC Cherry Hill, NJ.:sweet: The 'On the Hunt' duo is just beautiful.  
Oh that's nice! I go to that store sometimes.

CartoonChic

Responding to CartoonChic & Miss TT,
I don't know if it's a PRO store or if it's just a free-standing MAC store in the Cherry Hill Mall. In fact, I'm only assuming it's in the mall. They would have charged shipping ($6 flat rate) but I purchased P & P Lip and Concealer, which took me just over $50 to make free shipping.
On the Hunt is beautiful. I even wore it today. I love it. I would definitely try to get Marche Aux Puces. I think you'll love it and it will certainly look great with your pretty skin tone. GO FOR IT!!!!
fluffy.gif
Aww, thanks for the compliment.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I'll try my luck tomorrow and will give them a call.

MissTT

Sounds like you're in the Eastern time zone so you'll likely beat me to the punch. Thank you! If I some how remember to call in the morning I'll check for you, too.

CartoonChic

Yup, I called MAC Cherry Hill, NJ this morning. It's not a PRO store. They only had two Marché Aux Puces left when I called. I got one and a couple of other things, so I got free shipping. Thanks Medgal for sharing the info, and I'd like to thank Ashley for taking my order!

EDIT: I didn't realize MAP was restocked on MAC's website until MissTT told me. But it's already sold out! I would've missed it again if I didn't order from Cherry Hill.

Prototype83

I love MAP! I didn't have a brown like Indie Spirit in my collection. The orange is why I initially didn't get the duo, but it's my favorite! I thought it would look too much like Off the Page, but this orange has a duochrome effect. On my lids it flashes gold and orange.

I took back Camden Chic, its a pretty color, but in order for it to look the way I wanted I had to use a lip liner which I hate doing.

MissTT

I received my Hidden Treasures the other day. I've worn it three days in a row! It's my first MAC blush as I went from drugstore straight to NARS.
th_dunno.gif
Is anyone using a particular blush to make sure the color's not too heavy?

Copperhead

I received my Hidden Treasures the other day. I've worn it three days in a row! It's my first MAC blush as I went from drugstore straight to NARS.
th_dunno.gif
I've only worn my HT once so far. I just went ahead and applied mine really lightly with my MAC 116 brush. If I needed more, I went ahead and added more.

aradhana

th_dunno.gif
i like the 129 for most of my powder blushes, including the very pigmented ones. i have a small face and usually wear my blush on the 'apples' of the cheeks. i had the 109, but i found it applied too much product and was diffcult to blend out, while the 138 was way too massive for application to the apples....

i found the 129 wasn't too oversized that it applied product on too great an area, and it's also fluffy as opposed to dense, so it's easy to slowly build up the colour and buff as i go. it might depend a bit on your face structure and how you wear your blush. maybe check at MAC what works for you -- they actually had quite a few to choose from! HTH!

MissTT

Wow, thanks for the detailed response, aradhana. I don't know if I apply blush in the right way to the right parts of my cheeks. Today I actually tried apples only with HT. I don't know if it looks better or not. I was literally running out the door. I have kind of a slender, oval face.

aradhana

Wow, thanks for the detailed response, aradhana. I don't know if I apply blush in the right way to the right parts of my cheeks. Today I actually tried apples only with HT. I don't know if it looks better or not. I was literally running out the door. I have kind of a slender, oval face.
LOL!
i guess it just happened to be a subject i had actually researched...if you call research asking the MAC artists what brush they used every time they apply blush on me... applying blush and contour products is the last thing i've learned to do with makeup, and i still feel like a novice, so i'm always hoping to get some tips from the pros!

oh btw, i found this tutorial on the illamasqua site was helpful.... http://www.illamasqua.com/explore/tutorials/perfect-blush/#.UFPvujSsDpg.mailto

(i think for slender faces they suggest wearing it on the apples...)