WOC: Semi Precious Collection

UrbanSweetheart

I may pick up a brush but that is a BIG maybe. If none of these capture my heart after I swatch in store I think I will be fine walking away with nothing.
those are the two MES I want the most
clap.gif

when it comes to brushes, I'm just gonna check 'em out in store. I'm not too sure about 'em anymore

Sass

Only getting two things. To me, this collection overall sucks, but mac did good with smoked ruby.

smoked ruby e/s
rose quartz msf - just 'cuz I'm addicted to msfs so I have to get at least one and this one seems the best out of all.

I keep looking at Gem of Roses l/s, but I don't like the finish so I'm not getting it...I keep looking at it though. I'd like to have that buki too, but maybe next lifetime.

Ashleybubbles83

i got gem of roses, geo pink, and one of a kind...tried em on real quick and didn't really "see fireworks" but i'll keep them and play with them.

i also need to grab richly revered, looks like sin and musky amethyst, as well as dark indulgence, blue sheen, smoked ruby and golden gaze...

but i think golden gaze is sold out everywhere...if anyone knows their counter has one i will be forever grateful if you CP'ed for me!!!

freesiafc

I went to the MAC counter and played with all of the eyeshadows and they really weren't must haves like the two that came home with me ( golden gaze and smoked ruby). I may go back and take a look at hint of sapphire but no others. The MSF that caught my eye was Rose Quartz but I'm not to sure of the sheen it gives and if that will be ok on my cheeks. The brushes were super soft when I played with two out of the three. The one I really wanted to play with (235) was wet and dirty so I didn't have a chance to play with that one. Hopefully I will when I check back at a later date.

Icecaramellatte

Originally, I wanted all the brushes but I still haven't heard about how these are special. I would think that these brushes work especially well with the mineralize products since they have been released with the mineralize collection but I haven't heard anything about it. I know the duo fiber brushes like the 187 are good for making intense colors more wearable. Like if you have a really bright brush, the 187 doesn't pick up so much color. But I don't see how this would work on the mineralize eye shadows. I would want something to pick up more color. So for now I'm skipping the brushes.

My list right now is:

• Geo Pink lipglass
  • Natural Flare lipglass
  • Golden Glaze eye shadow
  • Clarity eye shadow
  • Unsurpassable eye shadow
  • Pearl MSF

Thinking about Gem of Roses, Lush Amber and Looks Like Sin. Faux Gold, Quartz Fusion and Smoked Ruby are starting to catch my eye too.
I ended up getting much more than is on this list. I got all the MES except Blue Sheen and Mineral Mode. I also got the Goldstone MSF. I skipped Natural Flare - looked too light to me. I got Geo Pink but it looked lighter on me than expected and I couldn't really make out any shimmer on my lips. Not a bad color but not as unusual as I had originally thought.

DILLIGAF

So umm Smoked Ruby is now in my possession. So that brings my final haul from this collection to 3 MES.
Golden Gaze
Blue Sheen
Smoked Ruby

2browneyes

I picked up Golden Gaze x 2 and the 135. I love GG!!!!!!! I see why it sold out so fast. I haven't used my 135 yet but....when I do, I'll post my feelings bout it :) I was thinking about Smoked Ruby.....just can't decide for sure.

afulton

I agree, Golden Glaze is gorgeous. I wore it yesterday using Fix + and it was beautiful.

I picked up Golden Gaze x 2 and the 135. I love GG!!!!!!! I see why it sold out so fast. I haven't used my 135 yet but....when I do, I'll post my feelings bout it :) I was thinking about Smoked Ruby.....just can't decide for sure.

Sass

OK so I ended up getting all that I said I was getting before (Rose Quartz MSF, Gem of Roses l/s & Smoked Ruby MES) + Pearl MSF. I checked out Golden Gaze and I have two gold lose e/s that I like better so I skipped that one and got Pearl instead. The other shadows were OK, but not unique enough for me and I don't really like working with solid MES so I was happy to just get one. I wore SR twice and it's the bomb. I love love it to death. SR matches my MAC Raven eyeliner (which I think is LE ??) so it works well as a base.

I'm having a love affair with GoR right now. I'm currently seeking out a back up. In love with all of my items actually. On to the next collection!

Icecaramellatte

OK so I ended up getting all that I said I was getting before (Rose Quartz MSF, Gem of Roses l/s & Smoked Ruby MES) + Pearl MSF. I checked out Golden Gaze and I have two gold lose e/s that I like better so I skipped that one and got Pearl instead. The other shadows were OK, but not unique enough for me and I don't really like working with solid MES so I was happy to just get one. I wore SR twice and it's the bomb. I love love it to death. SR matches my MAC Raven eyeliner (which I think is LE ??) so it works well as a base.

I'm having a love affair with GoR right now. I'm currently seeking out a back up. In love with all of my items actually. On to the next collection!
I love Raven so I'll have to check out the Smoked Ruby/Raven combo. Thanks. You really have me wondering about Rose Quartz and Gem of Roses. I didn't think they'd work for me but now maybe I should try them on. Glad you found some products you love.

Prototype83

I ended up with:

Golden Gaze x2 (....called 5 stores and got the last ones in town YAAAYY!)
Clarity
Smoked Ruby
Dark Indulgence

....I'm done (in my Chris Brown voice lol)

I didn't get any of the MSF's...I didn't think they were that unique.

L281173

I purchased Dark Indulgence and Smoked Ruby. I started to buy Blue Sheen, but it reminded me so much of Deep Truth which I already have.

bronzedbeauty18

Hey everyone....I'm new to the neighborhood. I was pretty pleased with Semi Precious. I ended up getting: golden gaze, dark indulgence, smoked ruby, 128 brush, semi precious pearl, geo pink, gem of roses(i'm a fan of lustres), smoky amethyst, and charged H2O from a CCO in Hilton Head. Btw....the CCO in Hilton Head is the truth...tons of brushes. For anybody in the ATL area, the CCO in Discover Mills has Looks like sin.

Has anyone gotten Feeling Flush? I'm NC50ish with a copper undertone....I wonder if it would be reminiscent of Her Blooming Cheek?

Ashleybubbles83

Ladies what do you think? I don't necessarily need the brushes for this collection to use with the shadows/blushes/MSF's, right? My wallet knows what it wants to hear from you lol.

sss215

My wallet knows what it wants to hear from you lol.

I don't think the brushes are all that hot. I am going to get the 235 because I like the shape. Its smaller than a 227, and I love the 227 for washes of color and some concealer application. I also use it to contour. I can see myself using the 235 the same way as well. The 234 seem too soft, flat and useless when comparing it to the powerhouse 217. The 128 is the same shape as a loew cornell brush I have. and the 179, doesn't seen to buff any better than the 182. I guess when you are deep into the MAC brush game like I am, you need to see something spectacular. None of these make the cut.

LuvKay26

This collection was an Epic Fail in my opinion i purchased 2 items the Goldstone MSF which was cracked the same day I took it home & Im extra gentle with my MSF's because a shattered MSF is useless .... & I also purchased smoked Ruby which had so much black in it u couldnt really see 2 much of the red I tried it wet & dry it was horrible ... i RETURNED BOTH PRODUCTS was going to exchange them but the other shadows were dupeable or had 2 much chunky glitter or little 2 no pigmentation .... This collection gets an F for me I hae a video about it showing my review as well I was very disappointed !!!!

Edit - You may only have links to Youtube and blogs in your signature area as per Secktra t&c's. Thanks :)

HeavenLeiBlu

Major yawn, for me. I'm holding tight for Seasonally Supreme ( Asian Flower and Korean Candy), and Make Me Over (so I can backup my 226!)