WOC - UD Naked Palette

TheTeenageMuse

I just picked mine up today after much debate.

I thought Virgin, Sin, Naked, and Buck were going to be too fair. And when I swatched it in Sephora I wasn't impressed by some of the shades, Creep and Gunmetal in particular seemed chalky. But I just did a look and I LOVE THIS FREAKING PALETTE. What I love about it is how sexy they make Naked look. There is no possible combo in here that's going to look frumpy.

Only thing is I found Whiskey e/l a tad too light for my skin.

Right now I'm wearing:
Side Car (Inner Corner)
Smog (Lid)
Darkhorse (Outer Corner)
Buck (Crease)*
Sin (Highlight)

*Buck makes an excellent contour shade for when your trying to create the shape. Love it.

Sorry I don't have any pics, my camera got sand in it and it no longer works.

I'd be interested in your looks, if you can post pics!
greengrin.gif

nunu

I love this palette. Smog, half baked and chopper are my favorite UD shadows.

openexpression

I love this palette! I bought it even though I have practically every "neutral" eyeshadow that MAC makes. My reasoning was that this is better for travel...I can pop this palette in my purse or carry-on and be fine for whatever days I'm out of town.

I have been interviewing for jobs a lot recently and my go-to look is: Half-Baked on lid, Hustle in crease, and Virgin as highlight. Line the upper lid and waterline with zero, add mascara (I use L'Oreal Telescopic for lengthening and Maybelline Falsies for Volumizing). Then I add a touch of Sweet as Cocoa Blush, lightly line lips with Chestnut and add either Goldensoft lipgelee or Bateux l/g. This makes a great neutral/"work safe" look with a little pizzazz!

I also really like a combo I did with Sidecar but Sidecar is very glitter-y. I had lots of fallout and had to use a face wipe to clean my face off.

Anywho...I hope this helps! I think all women need this palette and if you can't find it...just be patient! I received an email from UD confirming that this is a permanent item. I'm thinking for getting this for my 17 yr old niece for Christmas...great gift option!
yes.gif

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by openexpression

Anywho...I hope this helps! I think all women need this palette and if you can't find it...just be patient! I received an email from UD confirming that this is a permanent item. I'm thinking for getting this for my 17 yr old niece for Christmas...great gift option!
yes.gif

I'm a 17 yr old. who tends to opt for brighter shades but don't doubt yourself. She will LOVE this. All my friends are so jealous hehehe..

Hmm, is Sidecar considered one of UD more glittery shades? Because I know people hate them (ie. Midnight Cowboy Rides Again) but I had no problem with fallout so maybe I'll like it?

Is there something I can pair Virgin with to tone it down a bit? It's so white!

Nepenthe

I was on the waiting list for this at my local Sephora.. got the call this weekend that it was in, but since I was out of town - they wouldn't hold it.

Argh!

aziajs

I'm sure the palette is fine but I just don't get the hype. I think it's a great value because they are full size shadows but I'm not blown away. I swatched them and they looked good but so do the other 200 eyeshadows I have.

2browneyes

I saw a few looks ppl did using this palette so I was (who am I kidding? still am) interested in purchasing it. I have a few neutrals but I love them so much I wouldn't mind adding to the collection. It does seem like a great palette to keep in your bag just in case.

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I'm sure the palette is fine but I just don't get the hype. I think it's a great value because they are full size shadows but I'm not blown away. I swatched them and they looked good but so do the other 200 eyeshadows I have.

Hmm, yeah I felt the same way at first. But I do think it's one of those items where you just have to take the plunge even though you're weary. 200 shadows is alot! I have only 1/8 of that but I'll list of the MAC neutrals I have.

-Shroom
-Grand Entrance
-Mythology
-Expensive Pink
-Rushmetal Piggy
-Star Violet
-Glamour Check
-Swiss Chocolate
-Sketch
-Embark
-Tempting
-Satin Taupe
-Shale
-Hypnotizing

You'll obviously have a much greater variety of shadows but I've found that the palette really compliments the ones I already have. It really adds to my collection, and holds it own next to my MAC.

nunu

It is a very handy palette for women who love to wear neutrals all the time or have to because of work but i have to say that i think it's over hyped because UD sent it to most of the popular make up guru's for free before it was even released in stores.

However, that many eyeshadows for $44 is a steal.

Curly1908

I keep going back-and-forth with getting this palette. I already have 3 UD neutral eyeshadows as well as the neutral palette from MAC's Spring Forecast and several loose MAC & MUFE neutral eyeshadow. Do I really need anymore neutrals???

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I keep going back-and-forth with getting this palette. I already have 3 UD neutral eyeshadows as well as the neutral palette from MAC's Spring Forecast and several loose MAC & MUFE neutral eyeshadow. Do I really need anymore neutrals???

If you love neutrals, get it. I have 3 1/2 palettes of neutrals, several quads, and numerous loose pots and I bought it. Its beautiful and great for travel.

gabi03

I used to like this palette but now its just very meh. The Naked palette is a great deal but its so hyped, the colors are actually quite muddy and dull and I don't feel its a great neutral set for darker girls, there are better neutrals out there for us. And the liners are just useless, zero has never really shown up as dark as I wanted it to and whiskey is just ugh. I didn't feel it was great when all those gurus got their hands on it and it still isn't great now...*shrugs*

Latest posts