WOC - UD Naked Palette

reesesilverstar

^ I think I may have to agree with you... I was looking at swatches and I'm not sure I'd like this palette on my dark skin. Most of the shadows look too pale and blah.The hype of it has worn off for me. Maybe it will resurrect when I see it in person. But for now it's dead.

TheTeenageMuse

I was one of the people who didn't believe the hype and bought it regardless of thinking the colours were muddy and not WOC friendly only to be proved wrong when I put them on my eyes.

MAChostage

This palette is beautiful. After I bought it I had to wean myself off it after a week, and start wearing my MAC shadows again. I've been a UD fan for quite awhile, but I only have one other UD palette, the Show Pony one. IMO this is well worth the money, it's actually a great bargain.

shontay07108

I can never get into Urban Decay palettes. The hype is crazy. I have so many shadows that I always have the colors that end up in their palettes, even this Naked palette. I can't justify spending the money.

I do, however have one of their deluxe shadows in Zero, I believe. It's the best black shadow I've ever tried. I'm also eyeing Maui Wowie. That's it.

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I can never get into Urban Decay palettes. The hype is crazy. I have so many shadows that I always have the colors that end up in their palettes, even this Naked palette. I can't justify spending the money.

I do, however have one of their deluxe shadows in Zero, I believe. It's the best black shadow I've ever tried. I'm also eyeing Maui Wowie. That's it.

zero is one of my favorite blacks
smiles.gif

Regality101

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
I used to like this palette but now its just very meh. The Naked palette is a great deal but its so hyped, the colors are actually quite muddy and dull and I don't feel its a great neutral set for darker girls, there are better neutrals out there for us. And the liners are just useless, zero has never really shown up as dark as I wanted it to and whiskey is just ugh. I didn't feel it was great when all those gurus got their hands on it and it still isn't great now...*shrugs*

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the tutorials and the swatches. I was not impressed at all but I was caught up in the hype and I ordered it. I have plenty of MAC neutrals that I barely use. I might just gift this one. Thanks for being honest ladies.

Notorious19

I personally love this palette on my NW50 skin. I've used it just about everyday since I bought it and I hate wearing neutral eyeshadows with a passion. I just can't put this down!

Blushbaby

I've decided against buying this now, since finding out it's perm. I think it's a great option for travelling, but I'd rather somebody bought it for me as a gift than spend money on it myself knowing that I already have over 50 neutral eyeshadows! It doesn't really make sense.

UD BOS III looks great on WOC by the way. Swatches are on my blog for those interested!

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I've decided against buying this now, since finding out it's perm. I think it's a great option for travelling, but I'd rather somebody bought it for me as a gift than spend money on it myself knowing that I already have over 50 neutral eyeshadows! It doesn't really make sense.

UD BOS III looks great on WOC by the way. Swatches are on my blog for those interested!

Very true about the palette. It'll be best if you get it as a gift.

BOS III is really stressing me out cause Sephora never has an exact date and if I miss out on it I'll die.

Notorious19

I saw somewhere that BOS III is coming out October 1st in stores and after Labor Day on UD.com. I'll be stalking both to make sure I get. The Naked palette has converted me to UD over MAC for the time being.

crystrill

I got the palette last night! I saw two left in ULTA and snatched one up. I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait! I use 'Zero' eyeliner everyday. So when UD puts it in their palettes, like 'Show Pony', I don't mind.

amillion

I got it. Merely because it was really hyped up. Played around with it a bit and didn't think it was all that special IMHO to warrant keeping it. The shades were too shimmery. I ended up getting some NARS stuff instead that I am happy with. BOS3 is going to be mine though.

Ashleybubbles83

i have the palette. i like it, i really do. i can do a quick wash over my eyes so that i'm not completely eyeshadow-free, but i do feel like the whole thing is dupeable.

angelynv

I LOVE this pallette! But I think thats mainly because I have only fairly recently got into make up and as a starter neutrals kit this is excellent and such good value too! I can imagine for those of you with a big eyeshadow collection there wouldnt be too much to covet in this pallette but for me its a fantastic collection to start with.

Cocosmith

Ok, so I have this pallette and I really like it, even though I Love Colors. I LOVE Half-baked, Smog, Toasted, and GunMetal. They are great to use when I'm in a rush, they go on really smooth. I just think its a GREAT price for 12 shawdows. Yes their Neutral Colors, but hey you can't Beat the price, plus the package is cute and it's great for travel. Lol.

0missjones

The Naked Palette is a great investment to me. Like others have mentioned, I do have neutral shadows from MAC and other brands, but some of these colors are really pretty. I dont find the colors not working for my skin tone (NW45) and some of the lighter colors can be blended easily. Its really easy for travel. I say its a go.

sss215

I'm passing. I have lots of neutrals already; and I like mostly matte neutrals more. If this came out a few years ago before i started collecting, they may have sold me.

captodometer

I was on the UD waiting list; I should finally be getting the palette next week. I have some doubts, especially about the 4 lightest colors. I will definitely play with it, but suspect that I will end up swapping it away. For neutrals, I think I'm going to prefer my Kat von D Ludwig palette: no glitterbombs!

rjsmom84

I was on the waiting list also and I recieved mine in the mail the Thursday before Christmas. I LOVE it! I love neutrals though. It's sleek and easy to travel with and I loved every color. I've been wearing it everyday since I got it. It has everything you need to put together an everyda look. Primer, liner and shades. LOVE IT.

Calla88

I love my Naked palette! I recently just get back into makeup, as in replenishing because all of my makeup was lost save what was in my purse and stashed away in the fridge. So this palette is a great foundation for me. I'm really liking the colors and the texture of these shadows.