WORSHIP THE BALLS- A thread for Guerlain meteorites and the women who love them

Monsy

Thanks ladies for your concern! I had posted that in between yelling at the UPS attendant in person and the manager on the phone simultaneously lol. I have UPS myChoice and opted to have my package from Sephora with the balls held at the facility for pickup. The facility called me and left a message on my vm saying my package will be held till 9pm for pickup. I get there, and they say that it was delivered hours ago and I "authorized" someone named "Lou" to pick it up. NOPE, I sure did not! All hell breaks loose. Finally, after they realize I'm not letting this go, they get in contact with the driver, and they search the truck. No Balls. UPS takes no responsibility whatsoever, so I tried to open an investigation. They tell me NOPE because as far as they are concerned...the package was delivered...and I should tell Sephora to send me a replacement. Upset and crestfallen, I call the Rouge line and explain, and they graciously gave me a refund since the balls have since sold out. Later that evening, I get a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. It was "Lou". With my balls. She lives about 3 miles (!!!) from my address, and she said UPS just delivered a package to her...but the name AND address don't match hers. Since she wasn't far, I went over to pick it up. The next day my 2nd set of balls from Nordstrom were delivered by USPS with no issues, thankfully. I ended up selling that one to my coworker for $40 because she really wanted them and missed out. All's well that ends well!

that is ridiculous
UPS customer service has been awful lately they absolutely do not want to take responsibility at all. I am just very lucky to have an awesome driver

last time i yelled at them and used words like "lazy ass" hahaha i can't even write the other ones I used

Medgal07

Thanks ladies for your concern! I had posted that in between yelling at the UPS attendant in person and the manager on the phone simultaneously lol. I have UPS myChoice and opted to have my package from Sephora with the balls held at the facility for pickup. The facility called me and left a message on my vm saying my package will be held till 9pm for pickup. I get there, and they say that it was delivered hours ago and I "authorized" someone named "Lou" to pick it up. NOPE, I sure did not! All hell breaks loose. Finally, after they realize I'm not letting this go, they get in contact with the driver, and they search the truck. No Balls. UPS takes no responsibility whatsoever, so I tried to open an investigation. They tell me NOPE because as far as they are concerned...the package was delivered...and I should tell Sephora to send me a replacement. Upset and crestfallen, I call the Rouge line and explain, and they graciously gave me a refund since the balls have since sold out. Later that evening, I get a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. It was "Lou". With my balls. She lives about 3 miles (!!!) from my address, and she said UPS just delivered a package to her...but the name AND address don't match hers. Since she wasn't far, I went over to pick it up. The next day my 2nd set of balls from Nordstrom were delivered by USPS with no issues, thankfully. I ended up selling that one to my coworker for $40 because she really wanted them and missed out. All's well that ends well!
That's just unbelievable!!! I'm glad you got your balls and hope after all of the hassle, you love them!!!!

Medgal07

that is ridiculous
UPS customer service has been awful lately they absolutely do not want to take responsibility at all. I am just very lucky to have an awesome driver

last time i yelled at them and used words like "lazy ass" hahaha i can't even write the other ones I used
lmao.gif
Oh Monsy--I struggle to fathom those words coming out of that pretty little face of your's. Good for you!!!!

MissElle12

That's just unbelievable!!! I'm glad you got your balls and hope after all of the hassle, you love them!!!!

I can't wait to try them! My current work schedule is crazy, but I will report back when get to put them on! I'm sure I'll love them.

What really boggles my mind is why someone would sign and accept a package that they weren't expecting, which also has someone else's name and address on it
WTF2.gif
hmm.gif

boschicka

Quote: What really boggles my mind is why someone would sign and accept a package that they weren't expecting, which also has someone else's name and address on it
WTF2.gif
hmm.gif

Knowing what we all know now, maybe she thought you might actually have a better chance of receiving them from her than from UPS!

JerseyGirl

Thanks ladies for your concern!  I had posted that in between yelling at the UPS attendant in person and the manager on the phone simultaneously lol.  I have UPS myChoice and opted to have my package from Sephora with the balls held at the facility for pickup.  The facility called me and left a message on my vm saying my package will be held till 9pm for pickup.  I get there, and they say that it was delivered hours ago and I "authorized" someone named "Lou" to pick it up.  NOPE, I sure did not!  All hell breaks loose.  Finally, after they realize I'm not letting this go, they get in contact with the driver, and they search the truck.  No Balls.  UPS takes no responsibility whatsoever, so I tried to open an investigation.  They tell me NOPE because as far as they are concerned...the package was delivered...and I should tell Sephora to send me a replacement. Upset and crestfallen, I call the Rouge line and explain, and they graciously gave me a refund since the balls have since sold out.  Later that evening, I get a phone call from a number I didn't recognize.  It was "Lou". With my balls.  She lives about 3 miles (!!!) from my address, and she said UPS just delivered a package to her...but the name AND address don't match hers.  Since she wasn't far, I went over to pick it up.  The next day my 2nd set of balls from Nordstrom were delivered by USPS with no issues, thankfully.  I ended up selling that one to my coworker for $40 because she really wanted them and missed out.  All's well that ends well!
Wow! What an adventure to get the balls! And how sweet that "Lou" called you to give you your package. That is awesome. Gives me hope some people do the right thing...

Shars

I can't wait to try them! My current work schedule is crazy, but I will report back when get to put them on! I'm sure I'll love them.

What really boggles my mind is why someone would sign and accept a package that they weren't expecting, which also has someone else's name and address on it
WTF2.gif
hmm.gif
What boggles my mind is how they said someone came and signed for them at the fulfilment centre when the truth was that they delivered them to "Lou"!

Medgal07

WTF2.gif
hmm.gif
Exactly! This whole thing is so convoluted!!
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

What boggles my mind is how they said someone came and signed for them at the fulfilment centre when the truth was that they delivered them to "Lou"!
.......and if they can't handle this how will they be able to handle holiday volume? I'm wondering if this had anything to do with the recent hacking of UPS' computer system.
shrugs.gif

Prettypackages

So glad Lou reached out to find you. Good to know people are like that. Or could UPS have called her? IDK, craziness...

The only way I can see signing for a package that isn't yours is that you don't pay attention to the address until after you sign. I know I don't. I sign and then look to see the information. And if it is something they weren't expecting, maybe they thought someone sent them something. IDK...

My job had a fit when i had more than one package delivered in one week, and it was a NOrdies order, so true to Nordstrom, they had samples in a big ass box, and all the other items in their own packaging. So in one day it looked like I had rcvd like 6 orders. I was horrified, I mean I even got lectured. LOL But now it is like, whats the big effin deal. Getting a package hurts no one. At my old job EVERYONE had xmas presents and etc delivered to work so their loved ones wouldn't snoop. Ppl had clothes, technology, amazon books and etc delivered all of the time. (You know my nosey ass wanted to know what it was, hey I might have wanted to get it as well. )

Ok I'm done rambling.

JerseyGirl

So glad Lou reached out to find you.   Good to know people are like that.   Or could UPS have called her?   IDK, craziness...    The only way I can see signing for a package that isn't yours is that you don't pay attention to the address until after you sign.  I know I don't.  I sign and then look to see the information.  And if it is something they weren't expecting, maybe they thought someone sent them something.  IDK...     My job had a fit when i had more than one package delivered in one week, and it was a NOrdies order, so true to Nordstrom, they had samples in a big ass box, and all the other items in their own packaging.  So in one day it looked like I had rcvd like 6 orders.  I was horrified, I mean I even got lectured. LOL   But now it is like, whats the big effin deal.  Getting a package hurts no one.   At my old job EVERYONE had xmas presents and etc delivered to work so their loved ones wouldn't snoop.   Ppl had clothes, technology, amazon books and etc delivered all of the time.  (You know my nosey ass wanted to know what it was, hey I might have wanted to get it as well. )  Ok I'm done rambling.  
I agree with you- why should it bother anyone if you have a package delivered to work? My husband would order wine that has to be signed for...I was so tired of having to wait around for Fedex or UPS or I'd miss them and we'd have to get it held at their facility. Now he sends them to his work all the time now. There's always someone to sign for it! Who cares?? And you were lectured...

Medgal07

So glad Lou reached out to find you. Good to know people are like that. Or could UPS have called her? IDK, craziness...

The only way I can see signing for a package that isn't yours is that you don't pay attention to the address until after you sign. I know I don't. I sign and then look to see the information. And if it is something they weren't expecting, maybe they thought someone sent them something. IDK...

My job had a fit when i had more than one package delivered in one week, and it was a NOrdies order, so true to Nordstrom, they had samples in a big ass box, and all the other items in their own packaging. So in one day it looked like I had rcvd like 6 orders. I was horrified, I mean I even got lectured. LOL But now it is like, whats the big effin deal. Getting a package hurts no one. At my old job EVERYONE had xmas presents and etc delivered to work so their loved ones wouldn't snoop. Ppl had clothes, technology, amazon books and etc delivered all of the time. (You know my nosey ass wanted to know what it was, hey I might have wanted to get it as well. )

Ok I'm done rambling.
Wow-----that's surprising to me, Pretty. What was the rationale for not wanting personal packages delivered to the work place?

Shars

Ok I'm done rambling.
That is so dumb. We're at work during the time these people deliver - it's only common sense to have them delivered where we would actually be there to receive them. Obviously, there will be those people that overdo it but they are usually few and far between. Heck, it's better than me calling in late or calling in sick to receive a package lol.

Prettypackages

*sigh* I shudder to think. I had to keep re-reading Elle's message cause I couldn't believe she wasn't talking about USPS but rather UPS.
ohboy.gif

That is so dumb. We're at work during the time these people deliver - it's only common sense to have them delivered where we would actually be there to receive them. Obviously, there will be those people that overdo it but they are usually few and far between. Heck, it's better than me calling in late or calling in sick to receive a package lol.
Right, I think I should do that, start calling off, or leaving work early. When they ask why, I'll tell it is for a package. LOL

Medgal07

None at all. They just told me it was too much. So uh yeah. But after all this talk about stolen packages, and xmas coming up, I'm either going to do it or get a PO BOX.
Right, I think I should do that, start calling off, or leaving work early. When they ask why, I'll tell it is for a package. LOL
Would they prefer you leave early or take a day off to receive your packages.
shrugs.gif
Management can be just stupid sometimes. A lot o
f merchants don't deliver to PO Boxes
sigh.gif

MissElle12

*sigh* I shudder to think. I had to keep re-reading Elle's message cause I couldn't believe she wasn't talking about USPS but rather UPS.
ohboy.gif

They were in rare form that evening. I didn't leave the facility till 10pm!! Though honestly, I would've rather gone through this ordeal with UPS than USPS. USPS is even WORSE when it comes to tracking down missing packages.

TwiggyPop

What really boggles my mind is why someone would sign and accept a package that they weren't expecting, which also has someone else's name and address on it  :wtf:  :hmm:
If they're anything like us they're expecting packages all the time. Haha. I accidentally opened a box that wasn't mine last holiday season. I realized it wasn't something I ordered so I checked the address on the box and it belonged to someone a few minutes away. I taped it back up and set it on their porch and hoped no one saw me and came outside. Haha

Medgal07

If they're anything like us they're expecting packages all the time. Haha. I accidentally opened a box that wasn't mine last holiday season. I realized it wasn't something I ordered so I checked the address on the box and it belonged to someone a few minutes away. I taped it back up and set it on their porch and hoped no one saw me and came outside. Haha
You know that's a really good point---I never look---I just assume because I shop so much, and quite often forget that I've ordered things-----sadly!!