Worst Product of 2005

user3

my vote goes to the Prime + prep for eyes.

I didn't buy the Glitz gloss but I did hate the texture when I tested it at MAC.

bluegrassbabe

I liked Embellish, but never found anything useful for the rest of the glitzies. Other than that, Pearlizers. They looked ridiculous on me, regardless of how light the were applied. I looked like an aging disco ball
ssad.gif

aquarius11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassbabe
I looked like an aging disco ball
ssad.gif

rofl... that is too funny!!

I was REALLY disappointed by the small size containers that the glimmershimmers came in, and for how much they cost, I just couldn't justify shelling out that kind of money for those midgets. And I was really looking forward to them, too. Grrr. So for me, I'd say glimmershimmers were on my shit list this year.

Isis

I dont think that the Glimmershimmers would have been so bad if they weren't so freakin' SMALL. But yes, I suppose those too were a bad idea in that respect.

Jude

Glimmershimmers.... yawn.

I know that I am going to have rocks thrown at me for this one but a close second would be the Fluidlines. Great concept albeit an unoriginal one since Bobbi Brown has been rocking the gel liners for a while.

What is disappointing about this product is the quality. Well, they can be better. Before anyone says anything about the application or whatever, please note that I have been using the BB gels for over a year with none of the issues that I get with the Fluidlines (dragging, applying oddly on the water line, creasing, flaking).

I was super excited about this product but was somewhat let down. The matte colors are such a pain in the ass to apply evenly and sometimes, the metallics wont stick around the waterline area. I can try a bunch of tricks but I should not have to wrestle with a product to get it to work for me. For that reason, I find myself reaching for my Bobbi Brown Gel Liners and hoping that MAC will improve the formula of the fluidlines.

Julia Vanhorn

what was the whole purpose of glitz glosses? I have actually bought two from the Rebel Rock collection, and I have never used them. Total waste of money.

Christina Victoria

I don't know if Pigments came out in 2005? I know a lot of people adore pigments, but I loathe them. I tried a few, I even have Vanilla that I never bothered to return because I figured if worse comes to worse, I could just put it into Clear Nailpolish. But, on the eyes? It doesn't stay, I had trouble blending, and it just didn't look as nice as my regular eyeshadow, which was a real dissapointment. I also didn't like the containers, too hard to get out without spilling it all over yourself.
ssad.gif

Other than that, I really love all of MAC's products.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
I know that I am going to have rocks thrown at me for this one but a close second would be the Fluidlines. Great concept albeit an unoriginal one since Bobbi Brown has been rocking the gel liners for a while.

Nope, you're absolutelly right. The Fluidlines are not an original idea at all, they are just MACs own version of the gel/cream liner.
Like you said Bobbi Brown has them, so does smashbox, LORAC, stila, & CARGO. I'm sure there are others too.

moonrevel

I'm going to say something probably unpopular as well, but I hated the TLC sticks. I had never used the TLCs before, so I thought it was just me, but when I got the Disney TLCs I really liked them. The sticks smelled and tasted overpoweringly like the SPF to me, and they felt kind of greasy, nor did I find them particularly moisturizing. I had to swap them away!
ssad.gif

PhonyBaloney500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
Glimmershimmers.... yawn.

What is disappointing about this product is the quality. Well, they can be better. Before anyone says anything about the application or whatever, please note that I have been using the BB gels for over a year with none of the issues that I get with the Fluidlines (dragging, applying oddly on the water line, creasing, flaking).

I was super excited about this product but was somewhat let down. The matte colors are such a pain in the ass to apply evenly and sometimes, the metallics wont stick around the waterline area. I can try a bunch of tricks but I should not have to wrestle with a product to get it to work for me. For that reason, I find myself reaching for my Bobbi Brown Gel Liners and hoping that MAC will improve the formula of the fluidlines.

Say what brush do you use with the BB gel liners?

Umm I didn't buy the glitz glosses but they didn't seem that great from rubbing them on my hand.

caramelhunie

When I saw the topic, 3 things immediately came to mind: the glitz glosses, the glimmershimmers, and prep + prime eye. I guess most of us think alike.

pinkfeet

For me its the pealizers, yes everyone and their mother loves them but for 18 bucks the pot is tiny, this is a face/body product and it should be larger esp since its loose.

Glimmer shimmers- again, I like the idea, just the size for the price is lame.

Even with my PPID card I still shop carefully I guess. Maybe if it was 60% off I would be better but still.....

Demosthenes

For color, I hated Jasmine. It makes me and everyone I tried it on look jaundiced.

Ditto to the Glitz glosses and Prep and Prime Eye.

Eemaan

at the risk of having rattle snakes thrown at me- Prep & Prime Skin. Did nothing for me, a waste of 16pounds.
cry.gif

Sushi_Flower

Glimmer Shimmers - What a joke with the bottle size. Immediately decided i wouldn't get it even if i liked the actual product inside.

And Prep and Prime eye - What is it exactly supposed to do??? I still don't know, it's too greasy as a e/s primer, maybe good for evening out eye lid colour and to wear on its own but still too greasy to stay looking good all day.

Bare Venus - I don't really care for this colour anyway as it's not made for my skintone but it's such a washed out dead pink that it doesn't look good on many people at all. The promo pic made it look pretty though..

I'm surprised to hear that you don't like the Fludiliners better Jude, that's quiet intresting, i've been meaning to buy my 1st Fluidline but may opt for BB one now.